Hollow cheeks Tusken Raider

spoons

Grand Master
Are there any differences between a normal tusken raider and a hollow cheeks one (apart from the cheeks :roll: )

I just bought one in a sealed baggie, that is an obvious reseal. I haven't removed it from the baggie yet but the figure looks good. The bag has popped and the staff comes out, which is original and the cape also feels right.

The hollow cheeks are a dead match for the one on Cocos website so I think its real. I'm going to ask for a full refund and send it back or get a partial refund and keep it as a lose figure. I just wanted to make sure the figure wasn't a fake.

i'm also slightly suspicious because the wording of some of the sellers advertised reseal auctions are very similar to a known scam artist on ebay. I wont name names until I've got an answer from the seller.

I'm getting pissed off with ebay at the moment, I've also received a resealed Han recently, Paypal paid out and I've kept the figure but the hassle is pissing me off :evil:

spoons

Grand Master
Cheers Craig - Coco's pics don't seem to show any differences but I was sure I've heard something about the head spikes being different :?

I checked your variant photos before posting - where are your sand people :shock: :wink:

gustie

Sith Lord
coo markings

i have 2 hollow cheeks 2 different COO stamps - there is another....

hollowCOOs.jpg

the head of the HOLLOW CHEEKS is bigger

TRcomparehead.jpg

gustie

Sith Lord
i know of 3 different COO stamps so far on the hollows....

mike skywalker has the other one i aint got...

gustie

Sith Lord
another "give away" with the hollow cheeks - check out the SECOND prong from the left... it appears to have an extra bit of plastic molded to the LEFT of it - it looks like a support so the prong doesnt bend and also the 2 middle prongs are more splayed out compared to the non hollow cheeks

see pics above^^^ i went to these lengths since i got ripped with a FAKE one!!!

sp2.jpg

here is the fake - the auction pic wasnt great so i thought it was real DOH!

the prongs etc are wrong and a hot pin was used to "hollow" the cheeks

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
spoons said:
I checked your variant photos before posting - where are your sand people :shock: :wink:
I only have 2, the normal and hollow cheeked ones so there was no point including them in my line up !! :lol:

I could of course have gone after different COO marked Tusken Raiders but that would mean showing photos of their backsides like the others have done but I'm not that way inclined !! :lol:

The different head spikes is on the no COO figure and of course you get different shades of brown on the chest, belt, gloves face etc on all the Raiders but they are only minor production variants so in my opinion there are only 2 main variants for this figure. :wink:

spoons

Grand Master
Thanks Guys, all very helpful and not at the same time :lol:

This hollow cheeked tusken raider has a fully painted mouthpiece, and the tubes are normal length. But the hollow tubes are very clean and look real. If they had been faked, the tubes should be shorter as the pointed ends must have been cut off

The seller has responded quickly and it looks like he's going to claim off royal mail for the popped baggie, even though it was poorly packaged. He mostly sells clearly labelled repro items so I'm really not sure about this one :?:

hollowcheekedbaggiefront.jpg

The second pic shows the crease where the bag was originally folded (and taped), and then resealed. Also this baggie only came taped, not heat sealed at both ends, which I should have checked first :roll:

hollowcheekedbaggieback.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
Mine is definitely not that mould - it is the same as my normal tusken raider. I'm just not sure whether its a very good fake or a different mould. Although it is resealed, the baggie is the right one for the figure, so I'm thinking its probably a different mould. I think I'll return it anyway :(

spoons

Grand Master
What do you think - very good fake or different mould?

* edit: Don't worry i just found a link on RS, the ebay auctions are all long dead but the descriptions match mine perfectly - it's a fake :cry:

Oh well, another refund on its way :evil:

hollowcheekedbaggiehead1.jpg

hollowcheekedbaggiehead3.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom