how much is my collection worth?

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
£850 seems a fair offer , you would get more if you sold as different lots , however a lot of work involved ,

1 small bit of advice , you must have really enjoyed SW at some point , every collector on here biggest regret is selling their childhood collection !!

Good luck

coomber75

Sith Lord
I think very fair its more than I was thinking, as said though be careful once you have sold its gone for good as are all the memories when you look at it... and that die cast set is lovely

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I'd be breaking their arm for £850 - take the money and run :D

But like the other guys have said, once it's gone, it's gone. You can always replace money, but your childhood collection is priceless. I'd give anything out of my collection for just one thing I had as a kid.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
As a bulk sale £850 is fair, but if you start breaking it up you would be suprised what's it's all worth, for a start you have at least £300 worth of weapons selling individually.

Just a thought, but if you start adding the figures to the correct weapons it would be interesting what value you would have on them.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
As a bulk sale £850 is fair

It's more than fair, it's incredibly generous, but then prices have reached eye-watering levels recently. Leia blasters used to be £25-30 a few months ago - max, I bought my last 3 loose imperial blasters off Iain a few months ago for £7 each.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:
theforceuk said:
As a bulk sale £850 is fair

It's more than fair, it's incredibly generous, but then prices have reached eye-watering levels recently. Leia blasters used to be £25-30 a few months ago - max, I bought my last 3 loose imperial blasters off Iain a few months ago for £7 each.

I disagree it's more than fair, I could pay that for this collection and make some money.

It's fair if you want a quick sale and just want rid of it.

Two Leia blasters for £50 and that's the tip of the iceberg.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:
Hats off to you if you could pay £850 for this lot and make money on top of that.

Don't no perhaps I'm counting everything twice? :lol:

As anyone been through this thread and added it up individually? Problem is items have been added and added so it's confusing.

Edit
After a quick scan pricing things individually and on the low side I got to at least £1200, be interested to see some other opinions. I'm not trying to upset the apple cart here but with current market value and all?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:
theforceuk said:
[After a quick scan pricing things individually and on the low side I got to at least £1200

What are you valuing the items at?

Have you seen the weapons and card backs on page 2?

I'll try and break it down later on tonight, don't think anyone should be commenting on value who is interested in buying. Just my opinion.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I was interested in buying but at £850 there's no way I can meet that, which is why I said he should take it as I would.

I guess we value these items differently but I was just surprised to see it valued at so much.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:
I was interested in buying but at £850 there's no way I can meet that, which is why I said he should take it as I would.

I guess we value these items differently but I was just surprised to see it valued at so much.

Like I said £850 is a fair offer but know ones doing him a favour taking it for that price. A lot of the stuff I have under valued and I still get past £850, but if you can't be bothered to sell it individually and just want rid £850 seems to be the value.

If you look at a lot of the stuff it's in good condition, ok a lot isn't but the MF and AT-AT are really nice.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Sold as a job lot I'd value it around £700, a real hodge podge of common loose items in somewhat average condition.

I don't know who's made offers, but if you've been offered £850 I'd take it.

lejackal

Grand Master
Full market value it might be worth £1200 but no one buying a collection like this is going to pay full market value

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
The origional question is should he take £850 as a job lot my answer is yes if your happy in the knowledge that someone is going to double there money on it by doing the leg work and breaking it up.

Average common figures or not, the volume of stuff individually adds up surprisingly.

moschops

Youngling
Hi all
Thanks for all the input , just to let you all know I've done a deal and accepted £1000 for it all.
Thanks again everyone

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom