I wonder what I will find at the local car boot sale this year?

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
StarWarsFan said:
Anyone find anything?

Nothing for me for a while although I didn't go this morning due to a hangover. Nice x wing mate how much if you don't mind me asking.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
StarWarsFan said:
Stubbs said:
StarWarsFan said:
Anyone find anything?

Nothing for me for a while although I didn't go this morning due to a hangover. Nice x wing mate how much if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks £10.00

Nice pick up on the x-wing, Starwars Fan, nice to see an original sw x wing with out the battle damage stickers applied, rare in the wild, we could not resist applying them back in the day from empire onwards, good value as its got the canopy :)

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
bosk70 said:
StarWarsFan said:
Stubbs said:

Thanks £10.00

Nice pick up on the x-wing, Starwars Fan, nice to see an original sw x wing with out the battle damage stickers applied, rare in the wild, we could not resist applying them back in the day from empire onwards, good value as its got the canopy :)

Thanks mate, unfortunately the canopy is from the POTF2 X-wing but its ok had a spare one for the X-wing

Mrleemur

Jedi Knight
Back on the horse again!! Had a bit of a break recently, but couldn't resist yesterday, as i think i'm tied up for the next four weekends!!

Only a couple of buys, but one i love.

TFA Monopoly £2

51FF51B5-5669-4E78-93D4-469A66533C30.jpeg

Nintendo Gamecube, boxed, only has a compatible controller £12!! Magical!!

9D9B9985-2B2F-4BC4-9CCD-1C3671EF8205.jpeg

Now i just need to find some games for it!!

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Mrleemur said:
Back on the horse again!! Had a bit of a break recently, but couldn't resist yesterday, as i think i'm tied up for the next four weekends!!

Only a couple of buys, but one i love.

TFA Monopoly £2

51FF51B5-5669-4E78-93D4-469A66533C30.jpeg

Nintendo Gamecube, boxed, only has a compatible controller £12!! Magical!!

9D9B9985-2B2F-4BC4-9CCD-1C3671EF8205.jpeg

Now i just need to find some games for it!!

:D ace one mate, enjoy

Mrleemur

Jedi Knight
thanks, I've kind of been eying them up for a while, the last two I saw were one for £5 with no cables, games or controllers, and on the same day, one with a few games for £100.. nope, just nope!

still makes me wonder why people think they can charge more than CEX who offer a warranty, when they're just some shifty looking guy at a boot sale *shrugging emoji*

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Mrleemur said:
thanks, I've kind of been eying them up for a while, the last two I saw were one for £5 with no cables, games or controllers, and on the same day, one with a few games for £100.. nope, just nope!

still makes me wonder why people think they can charge more than CEX who offer a warranty, when they're just some shifty looking guy at a boot sale *shrugging emoji*

Agree our local one they ask stupid prices.

Mrleemur

Jedi Knight
think a lot of people look at top dollar price, ignore condition, and then assume that's what people are going to pay!!

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
You can still get a few bargains from car boots, but a lot of so called pro sellers who do it for a living are asking stupid prices for stuff. The same goes for charity shops, i can see that they are selling for charity and i give to a select few that are close to my heart. But some of them ask for top retail and wonder why the back rooms are overspilling and the footfall is dropping. Price it reasonably then sell it on and sell through the stock ( sorry its the old retailer in me) :lol:

The last car boot i went to which as strawberry fields near Bridlington was ace, i got loads of bargains 8)

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:
You can still get a few bargains from car boots, but a lot of so called pro sellers who do it for a living are asking stupid prices for stuff. The same goes for charity shops, i can see that they are selling for charity and i give to a select few that are close to my heart. But some of them ask for top retail and wonder why the back rooms are overspilling and the footfall is dropping. Price it reasonably then sell it on and sell through the stock ( sorry its the old retailer in me) :lol:

The last car boot i went to which as strawberry fields near Bridlington was ace, i got loads of bargains 8)

Be going there on Monday.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
Ruby2511 said:

Lol wish i was, were off to Northumberland to stop in a wigwam 8)

Might be a couple up that end to mooch around :wink:

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:
StarWarsFan said:
Ruby2511 said:

Lol wish i was, were off to Northumberland to stop in a wigwam 8)

Might be a couple up that end to mooch around :wink:

Sounds fun, enjoy

Latest posts

Top Bottom