Ian Mcdiarmid London Film & Comic Con 11th to 13th of July

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
**** me :!: Got there at 11am, and the Q was horrendous then one of the staff said we were looking at a 3-4 hour wait so left it :|

Was pretty hot and muggy today and what with some of the heavy costumes people turned up in I reckon a few would have been in trouble Q-ing in that heat :?

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I got there at 12. I was told that it was minimum 4 hours queueing and the venue was full so it was one in one out. Grant came out to queue with me for a bit. I guess I was waiting for about an hour and a half and about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way through the queue and somebody opened a fire exit next to where we were standing.

When in rome and all that.

All I wanted was Billy Dee williams auto, which I got, although he was miserable as sin.

Saw Dave Tree and met up with Mr Palitoy for a bit.

The whole event was a ****ing shambles, and I think I am going to tell Jason this at FF. It was packed and as hot as hades inside. People were queueing for autographs all over the place and getting really shitty when people where trying to move about. Read the Facebook page about the event. Some people were waiting outside for 5 hours to be turned away. The stan lee signings were overbooked, the photo ops were overbooked. I will not go to another show masters event in the UK unless there is someone exceptional there. Celebration Europe 2 was so much better organised.

HothJim

Padawan
Utter joke today. We arrived at half 10 and told we would have to wait 4 hours. No thanks. Went to Forbidden Planet instead then had some brewskies. Drank 1664 in anger. Won't be going there again without assurances of change. Didn't get to cuddle up to Lita either.

Jim.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I went on Friday night and queued an hour to buy an early bird all weekender. Got to the early bird queue just before nine today and queued another hour to get in.
Early bird seems to give you a chance to get in before they hit capacity which they did after only a few hours. Early start again tomorrow then!

:eek:

Jason

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I gave this one a miss for once and im glad i did.

a mate of mine got there at 830 saturday morning hoping to meet stan lee, massive queue and was told it would be a 2-4 hour wait to get in, really badly organised by the sounds of it, he also said the bouncers were just letting girls walk right through.

i was going to attempt the one in october to meet raslph macchio but after hearing all this i might pass.

DanProsser

Padawan
This event was a bit of a shocker in truth. I walked in without having showed my ticket to anybody, meanwhile loads of people seemed to get stuck in queues all day.
Never got to see Carey Fisher and refused to pay that for Ian McDiarmid, but did get Kenny Baker, Dave Prowse, Billy Dee and Jeremy Bulloch to sign my ESB Poster. And got to have a photo with Stan Lee.
Kenny Baker and Dave Prowse looked very tired and pretty miserable, but Billy Dee Williams and Jermey Bulloch were really polite and friendly.
Terrible con overall though

(Here is a pic of the poster if you're interested)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154363055855109&l=4424187597

SOJ

Sith Lord
Those of you queuing for hours; did you have tickets prebooked? Could understand if you showed up empty handed but if you had prebooked tickets that's a disgrace.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
He's currently starring in a play 1 street away from where I work in Covent Garden/London.....maybe I'll get lucky and see him for an autograph on the street?

SOJ

Sith Lord
robpmarsh said:
He's currently starring in a play 1 street away from where I work in Covent Garden/London.....maybe I'll get lucky and see him for an autograph on the street?

I've heard he won't sign Star Wars stuff "on the street" only programs etc for the productions he's currently starring in,

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
SonOfJango said:
robpmarsh said:

I've heard he won't sign Star Wars stuff "on the street" only programs etc for the productions he's currently starring in,

I can be very persuasive (6ft 8 and 22st). lol

Plus I'd only want a signature to frame with the Emperor Last 17 figure I have

DanProsser

Padawan
One of the main problem was the lack of staff and information, so all the queues seemed to be full of mixed people. Some with tickets some without. Nobody knew what was happening.

The early bird tickets were useless and were ignored by most people manning lines. I just got the signatures I wanted, got a PIC with Stan Lee and got out

_Lee_

Sith Lord
SonOfJango said:
robpmarsh said:

If you want him on SW stuff in person you need the decoy trick :D takes 5 mins and ive seen people walk away with 4-5 autos in 1 night. Ill explain it another day.

And FWIW, he has signed a few times but rarely. He will bleed the circuit dry before signing anything and everything in the street.

Just a shame he cant be like JEJ. The guy has been signing free TTM for years. His reasoning is the more he signs for free, then the less his sig will command when sold. Official pix were selling his signature for $100 8-9 yea r s back, but you could get 10 ttm for that now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom