Is there a figure you hate ?

Markzane

Padawan
I used to hate Greedo as s kid. Actually hated it as well, can't remember why. It's still in my collection and remarkably unscathed considering!

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I generally like nearly all of the original line as I used to use the lesser one's in play dioramas, with the exception of ewoks, was not a fan of them in the film and I think that transferred to my collecting as a kid, I could name all the figs as a kid but line up the ewoks and would not have a clue which was which. Collected them at the time as I wanted all the figs but would rarely set up an endor scene. Hoth would win every time with every bit of polystyrene I could find and beg set up in the garden. Have on photo some ware not an ewok in sight :lol: never to keen on nien numb but nothing in the old line comes close to the crimes against sw figs that was the early power of the force line :roll:

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
I hated OT characters that were then rereleased with bulging biceps. It was never meant to be HeMan. These were normal 'people' with extraordinary skills.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I actually liked the Anakin figure. Because he wasn't in ghosty form, I saw him as a peek into Episodes 1-3.

I hated 'having' to buy the last four Ewoks to complete my run. I hated it even more 30 years later at Last 17 prices.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
fx -7 glorified butt plug

I'd imagine especially painful if the arms released once inserted :eek:

Both Luke Hoth and Endor annoy the **** out of me, stupid stance, non removable helmet and two scenes that have very memorable lightsaber moments yet they failed to give the figures bloody lightsabers. Stupid stupid stupid .

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I don't hate any of them. In fact I love them all. I do think some are crap toys, eg Anakin or the Imperial Dignitary. I can't imagine any child wanting to play with them! I've also never understood the fascination with Boba Fett, to me he was a minor extra in two of the films, not the main character many people seem to think he is. Mon Mothma says more than he does! But I still like the figure.

plantman

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
I don't hate any of them. In fact I love them all. I do think some are crap toys, eg Anakin or the Imperial Dignitary. I can't imagine any child wanting to play with them! I've also never understood the fascination with Boba Fett, to me he was a minor extra in two of the films, not the main character many people seem to think he is. Mon Mothma says more than he does! But I still like the figure.

Thats a sin right there :) fett was a bounty hunter with a rocket pack...he stood out to me even when i was young, suppose it is quite surprising with him only featuring for little more then 5 minutes in total.

i did hate the rancor keeper, not so much now but i remember thinking why the hell would any child buy that figure lol

x-pack

Grand Master
plantman said:
edd_jedi said:

Thats a sin right there :) fett was a bounty hunter with a rocket pack...he stood out to me even when i was young, suppose it is quite surprising with him only featuring for little more then 5 minutes in total.

i did hate the rancor keeper, not so much now but i remember thinking why the hell would any child buy that figure lol

Yes! Fett! I remember as a kid always, always feeling what I would describe now as being resentment and dissapointment that the rocket didn't come out. As an actual dissapointment to children back then it has to be Fett

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
I missed out on the toys actually being on the shelves and got all my stuff from car boot sales in the early 90s and therefore never saw any packaging, until 2002!

Had about 30 figures and remember vividly thinking that Chewbacca was some kind of bootleg. I mean, how can a company capable of making such a beautiful and intricate figure as Fett make that crappy looking Chewbacca? Thought similar about obi-wan as well. Least favourite figure is probably the B-Wing Pilot though, looks cheap. Love the green counterpart though :mrgreen:

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
I hate R2D2 Pop Up lightsaber as it's impossible to get a clean one without spending big bucks. Did we really need so many Ewoks?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Darth Bobby said:
I hate R2D2 Pop Up lightsaber as it's impossible to get a clean one without spending big bucks. Did we really need so many Ewoks?

I think there was not enough ewoks :lol:

And I HATE Anakin :lol:

Kenner76

Padawan
I've always disliked the Rancore Keeper and Prune Face. Even as a child, they seemed so uninteresting to me. When my friends' Rancor came over, they were always the first to be eaten. :)

adampbooth

Padawan
I don't really 'hate' any of them but i think the biggest disappointment for me has to be Greedo just due to the fact the costume on the figure looks nothing like the costume in the movie... where the hell is the orange vest kenner??!!
In the same respect, Walrus Man is a pretty poor representation too...

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
adampbooth said:
I don't really 'hate' any of them but i think the biggest disappointment for me has to be Greedo just due to the fact the costume on the figure looks nothing like the costume in the movie... where the hell is the orange vest kenner??!!
Very true, but I don't remember Hammerhead wearing a bright blue leotard in Star Wars either, and Snaggletooth's outfit is from the Star Wars Holiday Special!... At least Kenner were consistent in their inaccuracy! :-D

adampbooth

Padawan
Snaketibe said:
adampbooth said:
Very true, but I don't remember Hammerhead wearing a bright blue leotard in Star Wars either, and Snaggletooth's outfit is from the Star Wars Holiday Special!... At least Kenner were consistent in their inaccuracy! :-D

Haha yeh good point! :-D

Russ J

Jedi Master
Yeh I really hate the four I need to finish off my Last 17 cause they cost so much to buy :evil: :lol:

Once I eventually get them I'll really like them :lol: .... then I'll start to hate the Blue Snaggletooth cause that puppy is gonna set me back if/when I can get one

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
As I child I hated this guy, and still do.

The large head Han Solo right here.

beavis.jpg

****ing sucks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom