Is this a scam?

spoons

Grand Master
looks like the Harry Potter person paid :shock:

you have to be a bit daft to spend 3 grand on a book when all you've seen is a photocopy :roll:

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
:shock: Some people have no conscious . I mean its one thing to rip people off for a few quid but how can anyone rip people off for thousands of pounds and still sleep at night?? If he gets caught he could actually be facing jail time. :shock: :shock: :shock: How stupid can you get???? :shock: :shock:

AndyG

Jedi Knight
spoons said:
you have to be a bit daft to spend 3 grand on a book when all you've seen is a photocopy :roll:

Well they were in quite a frenzy when they were bidding - I've never seen a bidder put so many of the same bids in :shock:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=250111155902

What annoys me most is that ebay cancelled the C-3PO auction becasue they received some reports but then stuck their thumb up their arse when it came to the rest of the auctions.

Bollux

Grand Master
perhaps it was a fake bidder? but they do have 107 feedback.....silly people

but if not imagine receiving a photocopy of a photo through your letter box! :evil: :evil:

Update: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=true_memorabilia01&ftab=AllFeedback

check his feedback....

spoons

Grand Master
AndyG said:
Well they were in quite a frenzy when they were bidding - I've never seen a bidder put so many of the same bids in :shock:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=250111155902

How does that work, if he's bid Ã'£1,000 and is highest bidder, then bids again for Ã'£1500 does it affect the auctions price? Surely it shouldn't as he's bidding against himself? The last lot of bids are all at the same level :?:

AndyG

Jedi Knight
spoons said:
How does that work, if he's bid Ã'£1,000 and is highest bidder, then bids again for Ã'£1500 does it affect the auctions price? Surely it shouldn't as he's bidding against himself? The last lot of bids are all at the same level :?:

The bid doesn not increase against your own bid. What probably happened was they placed several other bids with a higher value but as the auction ended at what it did this is the highest bid value displayed.

I've seen it on a couple of occasions were people place a bid and then put an extra bid in with a higher value in case their first bid was outbid, but I've never seen so many extra bids put in by one bidder :?

lee gray

Sith Lord
dang hope the guy gets his money back, I bet he must be pissed off while the non registered conman enjoys his luxury holiday

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom