Latest Acquisitions

MarkG

Jedi Master
Outstanding haul there Jez.... nice one.

I heard the rubblings on FB about that so called auction... but a fellow collector mate has been in that shop too (as he's very local) and got his name on a few MOCs too... the shop owner sounds like a real nice chap too.

Anyways.. here's my latest £1.34 eBay purchase !!

Turret.jpg

Yes, a Turret and Probot set for a whole £1.34 !! ....well, it was £31.34, but had a spare probot which I sold on FB... :)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Welcome back into the vintage fold, Jez! And BOOM! What a way to start!! That's an epic purchase mate, well done. And congrats to Rich as well for ending up with the other one. They look in superb condition, too. Nice one, it almost makes me believe in Karma that two of the good guys land a bit of luck for once.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Just to echo what others have said, the Star Wars were with you that day. :)
Congratulations on the start of the next part of the journey.

poncho

Grand Master
Jez said:
Thanks guys, that means a lot :) Still really smiling
great stuff. i posted that wantage in the events then felt a bit silly when it got out of hand on FB that i even.posted it. but look 2 of our forum lads got some yaks. i would of had nerdgasm seeing 3 yak faces at once. how come he had 3? they been together since year dot?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Been adding to my Vinyl collection over the last couple of months. Rather than share them piecemeal I thought I'd wait till I had a group to put up on the LA thread:

6420F88D-FDCA-4836-A0B3-3F4873DD6368.jpg

Plenty more to get, but it's a relatively cheap collection to start to get hold of, still turn up in charity shop record boxes and as well as being really great to look at, they sound great too!

MECO is the number one funked up Star Wars nutcase... the 12" Ewok mix is pretty cool actually! 8)

... oh and yes, that is a cheeky cassette in there :wink:

coomber75

Sith Lord
awesome jez am v jealous!!! but you deserve some good finds after splitting the collection last year! am still iver the moon with my luke stormie :D

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Jez said:
Great carded Jawa John, nice one mate.
Sweet Pin Head Jeff dude.
Congrats on the carded Dengar Poncho mate, great score.

I am Massively over the moon to say that i have just bought my first MOC in about 12 months!!
As you know i was gutted to have to sell up almost all of my carded collection in August 2017 to afford the deposit for my house, and it's only recently i've been able to get myself some Vintage (Celebration Orlando).
I had squirrelled away a few quid for Orlando but was too busy to spend much, i did take that money to Farthest From but there was nothing which jumped out, so i was sitting on it for a rainy day (and a future purchase with Hoth Rebel).

However, I heard about a Toy shop not too far from me, when Stephen mentioned it in the events section of SWFUK. Apparently there had been all sorts of uproar on Echo about the shop owner having/planning a vintage auction, getting lots of interest and then changing his mind, saying that people had to come to the shop. The shop was in a town called Wantage which was about 45 minutes away.

I planned on going at the weekend, but as fate would play it i was driving from a work place in Swindon back home to Oxford when i saw a sign for 'Wantage', really?? OK unplanned diversion!!

I went into this shop which is a bit like Dave Tree's all the cool Stuff but a bit bigger. Up behind the cash register were a bunch of Star Cases pinned to the wall containing 6 vintage Star Wars cards, 3 of which were Tri Logo Yak faces!!

IMG_7685_zpsf2qyndy9.jpg

I couldn't believe it, 3 in one place!!
The guy started chatting with me and immediately said that the price wasn't fixed on them but there was a lot of interest. He then told me about the trouble on Echo Base. We chatted for a while about vintage collecting etc. He then made me a couple of offers on the roughest Yak (sticker one), i thanked him as it was a good price but still not something i was looking to get. Plus it was outside of my focus. We exchanged details and swapped business cards and that was it. I contact Ben as i knew that he had always yearned for one and wondered if i could help with a deal. Ben thanked me but passed. The seller then made me an offer which i couldn't really refuse, I told Richard about it and he was also dead keen. The seller held on to the two best ones for me and i went back 2 days later. The 3rd one had sold but i walked away with 2 carded Yaks!

FullSizeRender%202_zpszehxxn58.jpg

It took me ages to choose between the 2, both have some issues but are in great condition all things considered. I ended up choosing the unpunched one as it appeared slightly more vibrant amongst other things. Richard is getting the other one at the same price i paid for mine. I thought it was great, but now it's in a case i'm delighted with it. I seriously am so happy with this piece, maybe for a whole bunch of reasons: the significance of buying vintage again, the price i paid (relative) and owning the legendary carded Yak Face is something which i though was beyond me.
What do i leave you with? Wait your turn, bide your time, talk with people and you will occasionally do well. It's a marathon not a sprint.

20170518_192100_zpsa7cslzkn.jpg

So happy!!

Jez that's a great story mate and sounds like a great deal u got. Am well chuffed for u and Rich 8)

Well done pal :)

coomber75

Sith Lord
Latest buys... Paid more than I wanted by a bit for the split bubble... But love them and also the only way of getting stormie and the die cast were a bit of fun

Attachments

• DSC_0663.JPG
    DSC_0663.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 726
  • DSC_0664.JPG
    DSC_0664.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 735
  • DSC_0665.JPG
    DSC_0665.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 734
  • DSC_0666.JPG
    DSC_0666.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 728
  • DSC_0667.JPG
    DSC_0667.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 735

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
Well done Jez that is an amazing find, think that one was well deserved (misses would say its karma)
Got this one from Richard :)

Attachments

• IMG_3116.JPG
    IMG_3116.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 699

Latest posts

Top Bottom