Latest Acquisitions

apack7229

Sith Lord
Just got this in today, closest I'll have to a moc with the prices the way they are. My best painted helmet I have. :D

Attachments

• IMG_2363.JPG
    IMG_2363.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_2365.JPG
    IMG_2365.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_2369.JPG
    IMG_2369.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 608

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Sorry I know it's not Star Wars, but it does have a lovely big Kenner logo!

I have wanted one of these for years and finally found a sealed one at a reasonable price (MASK stuff has rocketed recently, many of the vehicles sell for more than Star Wars ones now.) This was one of my favourite toys as a kid :)

IMG_4739.JPG

Got to agree Edd, one of my favourites too. I had Piranha and Condor for christmas 86 i think.

Looks like alternative photo Jedi cards are flavour of the month, here's my latest MOC. Been on the look out for one for a while now, such an iconic SW image. Not the best looking card but happy with the price i paid.

Attachments

• DSC02399.JPG
    DSC02399.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 600

lejackal

Grand Master
Well if you can't beat the quality on show (which I can't) may as well go for a huge nostalgia hit, that's right folks, it's Christmas in June :lol:
Xmas 1985
IMG_0159.JPG

And fast forward to June 2017 I'm finally reunited with a cut card Trilogo R2, not factory sealed unfortunately but does have the 3/9 no COO R2 all for £36 delivered off eBay
IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

Another little nostalgia hit is this Palitoy 65 back Ree Yees for £26 delivered, again from eBay
IMG_0161.JPG

Who says vintage has to be expensive :D

MarkG

Jedi Master
Stunning pickups again guys.

A couple more measily cardbacks for me for my ongoing focus. Both off FB groups.

Kenner 20bk with a nice Fett Offer and a Palitoy 45b.

20170601_211503.jpg

Current total of 22 unique cards... always need more..lol.

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Not the most exciting NA, but a very cool piece of SW history nonetheless. As you know, Star Wars was released on VHS and Betamax for the first time in 1982 as a rental only. Each case and tape had matching serial numbers. I recently picked up a very nice VHS version with matching numbers and just this week also got a Betamax one. I didn't know it had matching serial numbers until it arrived (bonus). :)

Not too bad for $15 shipped.

IMG_8702.JPG

IMG_8703.JPG

IMG_8704.JPG

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
When you say they have matching serial numbers was this something specific to Star Wars on this early release?

I worked in a video store through 1988-1995 while finishing school and doing A'levels then again in my summer holidays at University. The numbers reminded me that we used a similar numbering system to keep the tape in a numbered store branded box, on the racks behind the desk and the same number on the case of the box that had the cover art only in it on the shop floor... no other way to store, file and then match-up a few thousand different films for quick retrieval when a customer brought their empty case of choice to the counter, or of course their return copy.

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
SAVORY100 said:
When you say they have matching serial numbers was this something specific to Star Wars on this early release?

I worked in a video store through 1988-1995 while finishing school and doing A'levels then again in my summer holidays at University. The numbers reminded me that we used a similar numbering system to keep the tape in a numbered store branded box, on the racks behind the desk and the same number on the case of the box that had the cover art only in it on the shop floor... no other way to store, file and then match-up a few thousand different films for quick retrieval when a customer brought their empty case of choice to the counter, or of course their return copy.

This was the very first release of Star Wars in early 1982. You can see these say "Video Rental Library" on the bottom of the case. These were to be "rented" out by the video stores and were not technically allowed to be sold. Many of the video stores figured out a loophole by setting up "lifetime rental" contracts with customers for upwards of $80 - $100. The serial numbers were specific to each tape and a way to keep track of the copies that were out there. This was in the U.S., so not sure how it was set up in the U.K.

When I was a kid in 1982, I must have rented Star Wars at least a dozen or more times from our local video store. The owner of the store ended up giving me the movie poster she had, which I still have to this day. It's in pretty poor shape, but glad I hung onto it all these years. :)

1.jpg

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Seahawks, those two tapes with that poster (love the $79 sticker) make up a great little group. Also spotted the Stereo logo in the bottom right of the VHS front cover looks rather like the ESB logo... I wonder if that's just coincidence.

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Seahawks, those two tapes with that poster (love the $79 sticker) make up a great little group. Also spotted the Stereo logo in the bottom right of the VHS front cover looks rather like the ESB logo... I wonder if that's just coincidence.

Thanks! Great catch on the Stereo logo, it does look similar to the ESB one. I never noticed that before. May be a coincidence, but still really cool!

The nostalgia of SW gets the better of me quite often. Never imagined I'd be tracking down old video tapes. :)

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
My Ex-rental copies are among my favourite items. If there were ever items i wanted as a kid, i can't imagine much beating them! Now i think about it, the child me would assume I must be a rich man in my forties to own such pricey items. :D

i looked at my UK ones and the only codes are the ones that look like they were put there by the shop for its own filing reasons etc.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Bit cheeky posting these in here, but super stoked to get them both...
The local Comi-Con had a variety of stalls and stands etc as you'd expect... pretty much no vintage at all... but one of the local cinemas was there flogging its loyalty card scheme and an email address comp.. write down an email address to enter the comp and get an original cinema poster to say thank you for joining their mailing list. Two SW ones in the whole bin and I entered twice!

Portrait and Landscape teaser posters for The Last Jedi:

IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

Jedijut

Padawan
Some great acquisitions from everyone. Really enjoy seeing everyone's latest pickups.

Added what some would think is a common MOC Die Cast Land Speeder but it's the rarer 21 back. Not sure why it's been harder to find, might have something to do with why a ESB Land Speeder production example has never come to light unlike the X-Wing and Tie Fighter that are both easier to find on SW 21 back and ESB 31 back card.
This was incorrectly advertised as a 12 back but I picked up on the slight differences on the card front and quickly made a deal. Pays to know the finer details in what your looking for - and the AFA sticker confirmed it lol. The 21 back example has no LP logo (bottom right) and white price square (top right) on the card front as is found on the 12 back card.

Land Speeder Run photo
12 Back Kenner
21 Back Kenner
12 Back Toltoys
12 Back Palitoy
12 Back Harbert
12 Back Takara
Loose First Shot Land Speeder

Attachments

• IMG_6298.JPG
    IMG_6298.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 798
  • IMG_6303.JPG
    IMG_6303.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 798
  • IMG_6305.JPG
    IMG_6305.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 796

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
What an amazing focus collection. :shock:
They look really good in that group photo, congratulations.

Jedijut

Padawan
Mini99 said:
What an amazing focus collection. :shock:
They look really good in that group photo, congratulations.

Thanks mate, it would be great to see if anyone else has an example of a MOC 21 back Die Cast Land Speeder as it's hard to gauge how many exist.

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
Nice landsleeder and Betamax! Some good pickups recently guys. Got these this morning at a carboot, £17 for them, can't not buy vintage when I see it out and about!

Attachments

• IMG_0512.JPG
    IMG_0512.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 733

Latest posts

Top Bottom