Latest Acquisitions

subzero

Sith Lord
Ahh the good ol' dot matrix paper, me and my younger brothers had many years sitting at the kitchen table with stacks of it and a tub of pens & pencils. There's even still a box of our old paper that we used to use sitting in one of the family cupboards right now, how it survived being put into one of our many classic family garden fires I don't know :)

What an epic find 8)

stormcab

Sith Lord
Blinding, I used to do the same thing myself. Every front and back blank page of text books were full of space battles. Not too far back, around the mid 90s, I worked ages on this pencil drawing. I still have it rolled up in the loft, but here is a scan from a photo I took of it back then. The AT-AT was the centre piece, as it was and still is my favourite vehicle. I was in my mid teens, and doing Art A Level at the time.

Attachments

• 498-883-L4-024.jpg
    498-883-L4-024.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 689

subzero

Sith Lord
That's a cool piece of art, I love how much you've crammed in there, would have been cool if you did the background black too to make everything stand out. It reminds me of Star Wars artwork I did about 10 years ago, I used to try and fill the page out with a huge collage.

Very nice piece! 8)

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
That is really is a grail right there Steve.
What was your reaction when you were flicking through the mag and that dropped out!

Sabreman

Padawan
That is incredible, having something you drew as a kid then becoming a collector of what you drew, this has to be framed and displayed.
I seriously doubt many collectors will have something like this, this demands to be cherished in a nice frame.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Great artwork guys!

Here's a nice little rarity that I've picked up today. It's a programme for a concert at the Royal Albert Hall by the London Symphony Orchestra on 16th February 1978, titled 'The LSO in Space', featuring a performance of the Star Wars Suite conducted by John Williams. It came with a brief newspaper cutting with a mini review of the event - it seems to have gone down well.

The programme is a great artefact with features on the LSO, John Williams, and the Star Wars movie, as well as adverts for Star Wars products, and the Close Encounters movie. I was first aware of this as a smaller repro version was included in Sansweet's Star Wars Vault, but the original programme is much thicker and better quality. A nice addition to my UK focussed collection.

IMG_1779.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

IMG_1781.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1783.JPG

stormcab

Sith Lord
subzero said:
That's a cool piece of art, I love how much you've crammed in there, would have been cool if you did the background black too to make everything stand out. It reminds me of Star Wars artwork I did about 10 years ago, I used to try and fill the page out with a huge collage.

Very nice piece! 8)

Cheers man. Was always into cramming whole pages with stuff, as I liked how it kept you looking around the page for other gems. My art teachers hated me doing any sci-fi stuff, so this had to be my pet project while I gave them their poxy gauche & oil paintings lol. I obviously pleased them because I got an A :D

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
Steve, that is truly amazing and weirdly, we would have known each other about the time you drew this!!!
You clearly have skills mate, and I echo Si's comment on this is one of the coolest things to pop up on this thread for a long time.
Epic.
- Must be something in there; I ended up with an Art Degree! :lol: Absolutely the same time - we were all SW mad weren't we! :D What you think.... Helix Felt tips at work?!?! :wink:

Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Steve, that is like the Bayeux Tapestry of childhood SW finds, brilliant to look at and thanks for sharing.
- :lol: Yes, the Bayeux Tapestry! :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH said:
Steve, hand on heart that is the single most brilliant thing I've seen on these pages in ages. That's just amazing. And I absolutely love the fact it's on the old printer paper. My dad used to bring home boxes and boxes of the stuff for us to draw on. I would be very tempted to spend good money on that and get it framed up. You could do it yourself quite reasonably, I think. Just awesome, mate.
- Thanks Si, I really am tempted to get it framed... its over a metre long so it'll be a custom job, but it does feel priceless.

wrighty said:
Wow Steve, dot matrix paper!! :shock:
- Yes indeed, a rare sight!

Mini99 said:
A real treasure, love the Luke in the Wampa cave. Great find. It's all about those memories. :p
laurencedyer said:
Wow, just wow. Love the detail in that picture. Especially loving the tie fighters and doomed AT-ATs with the rope around their legs.
- Must admit I love the details, can't stop looking at it myself!

Plastikheld said:
:shock: Look at these details. To own such a drawing from childhood is priceless.
- Priceless indeed!

Clarkspie&chips said:
What was your reaction when you were flicking through the mag and that dropped out!
- Literally speechless!

Sabreman said:
That is incredible, having something you drew as a kid then becoming a collector of what you drew, this has to be framed and displayed. I seriously doubt many collectors will have something like this, this demands to be cherished in a nice frame.
- It's certainly elevated to a key part of my collection.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
My 4th time round of collecting SW and finally I have a Shuttle. It's big, it's beautiful and it's bromine brown but I absolutely love it. It was a ridiculous price from Brian's Toys due to the discolouration (I know, right, you can't see it in certain light (pitch black)) but the box is superb as are the inserts and it's 100% complete. I guess the safest thing to do would be to look for a donor vehicle. We'll see. For $200 I wasn't going to think too long about it.

I'm just as chuffed with my KayBee sold Trilogo Gammorean Guard. Bubble crush as usual on this one but most of it will correct nicely with some tape-pulling and the card is superb.

Great big huge thanks to Iain for going above and beyond, especially with the shuttle. Prices over here have risen to the point I wouldn't have bothered but thanks to him I have one :)

IMG_9430.JPG

IMG_9431.JPG

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
The shuttle with box is so damn cool - wish I also could get my hands on one for a reasonable price ...
ScruffyLookingNH said:
I'm just as chuffed with my KayBee sold Trilogo Gammorean Guard. Bubble crush as usual on this one but most of it will correct nicely with some tape-pulling and the card is superb.
Nice one - used to have a TL GamGuard back in 2006, but didn't like the Trilogos at this time of collecting (like most did) and sold it for 20 bucks. :(
A little bit more I paid for this two fellas, I happily could add to my collection :D

C-3PO_LukeStormtrooper.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:
My 4th time round of collecting SW and finally I have a Shuttle. It's big, it's beautiful and it's bromine brown but I absolutely love it. It was a ridiculous price from Brian's Toys due to the discolouration (I know, right, you can't see it in certain light (pitch black)) but the box is superb as are the inserts and it's 100% complete. I guess the safest thing to do would be to look for a donor vehicle. We'll see. For $200 I wasn't going to think too long about it.

Great big huge thanks to Iain for going above and beyond, especially with the shuttle. Prices over here have risen to the point I wouldn't have bothered but thanks to him I have one :)

IMG_9430.JPG

IMG_9431.JPG

That shuttle sure is nicotine yellow, I think that was how you described it on the podcast. It's in great condition as is the box, really nice pickup. I've never had one, they were always too expensive!
The Tri G.Gaurd is in great condition, can't say I have seen a Tri one before are they rare?
Do you think that you would be able to get the dents out of that bubble?
Would like to see a picture of how it looks after, don't think I would be brave enough :?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mini99 said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
My 4th time round of collecting SW and finally I have a Shuttle. It's big, it's beautiful and it's bromine brown......

That shuttle sure is nicotine yellow, I think that was how you described it on the podcast. It's in great condition as is the box, really nice pickup. I've never had one, they were always too expensive!
The Tri G.Gaurd is in great condition, can't say I have seen a Tri one before are they rare?
Would like to see a picture of how it looks after, don't think I would be brave enough :?

The Gam Guard isn't rare, but is certainly not in the "common as muck" or even "quite easy" category. Would be interesting to do a list of Trilogos and put them in order or rarity sometime. I would put him in the top third of rarity, though, and a fair bit harder to find than FX-7, Vader, R2 Sensorscope and 3PO removable limbs, all which command higher prices. To be honest, I'd put it in the same bracket as Leia Boushh and possibly AT-AT Driver. Just not that many about. And certainly not in good condition. They suffer the same problems as Amanaman: large bubble/heavy figure plus the bonus of having little pointy horns to help damage the bubble.

The tape will work well (touch wood). Will do a before and after shot with this and another couple which I'm going to do.

Plastikheld said:
Nice one - used to have a TL GamGuard back in 2006, but didn't like the Trilogos at this time of collecting (like most did) and sold it for 20 bucks. :(
A little bit more I paid for this two fellas, I happily could add to my collection :D

C-3PO has one of the best cardbacks ever and a fantastic condition Luke Stormtrooper Trilogo. Very nice!

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Andy, that LSO brochure is brilliant, will be on the look out for one myself now I know they exist.

Simon, that shuttle was clearly a 40 a day, and filterless too by the looks of it - still the box and inserts are worth what you paid so the shuttle is a bonus.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Mini99 said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
My 4th time round of collecting SW and finally I have a Shuttle. It's big, it's beautiful and it's bromine brown......

The Gam Guard isn't rare, but is certainly not in the "common as muck" or even "quite easy" category. Would be interesting to do a list of Trilogos and put them in order or rarity sometime. I would put him in the top third of rarity, though, and a fair bit harder to find than FX-7, Vader, R2 Sensorscope and 3PO removable limbs, all which command higher prices. To be honest, I'd put it in the same bracket as Leia Boushh and possibly AT-AT Driver. Just not that many about. And certainly not in good condition. They suffer the same problems as Amanaman: large bubble/heavy figure plus the bonus of having little pointy horns to help damage the bubble.

The tape will work well (touch wood). Will do a before and after shot with this and another couple which I'm going to do.

Plastikheld said:

C-3PO has one of the best cardbacks ever and a fantastic condition Luke Stormtrooper Trilogo. Very nice!

Would like to see how that bubnle looks with a bit of "TLC".
Do Tri bubbles turn out better or are easier to make good because they are thinner than Kenner ones?
I don't think I would have the bottle to do this on a yellow Kenner bubble. :?
Like Plastikheld said, I to didn't collect Tri logo last time aroind (80-90s) prefered the Kenner ones.
I think that this was down to the bubble condition, but with the may Kenner are so much more yellow nowadays, have started to look at Tri's differently.
I have never given any thought into if there were rare Tri's, but when I saw your post I realised I have never seen a Gammy Tri.

coomber75

Sith Lord
damn taht shuttle seems a good price.. yep its nicotine as they come but they are huge money!!! and the Gam looks great, never been brave enough to try th tape option!!!

lejackal

Grand Master
You'll have to excuse the modern and even non Star Wars but I thought I'd share some of the other bits I've been picking up as well as thank Scott Fuzzy Lover Hooch for this amazing Tot from Celebration, really appreciate it mate.

The other decent piece is a beautiful, non TT, Palitoy 65 back Hoth Stormy
IMG_1135.JPG

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
SAVORY100 said:
I'm popping this in here... not strictly a latest acquisition as I didn't pay for it, but I also didn't know I owned it, despite it being in my loft for over sixteen and a half years!

Tucked inside an old Star Wars magazine, I found a drawing that I did at Junior school aged about 8 years old (so around 1981)... not exactly Da Vinci, but the memories flooded back instantly!

Your childhood artwork is epic! Congrats on a great find. You have to be chuffed!

ScruffyLookingNH said:

Awesome Imperial Shuttle and love the Gam Guard. Congratulations!

Latest posts

Top Bottom