latest palitoy MOC prices from this mornings Vectis auction

JFK

Jedi Master
I was there and the luke had a slpit card and infact most of the high stuff had damp dammage wich was not mentioned infact one of the only items that stated damp was the greedo wich I bought and was nothing like the scarry damp dammage as stated in catalogue it was solid dry and had a slight wave ,result for me anyway the buyer of the luke is gonna be pissed because its s 70 max grade at best ,but the prices are silly stupid silly :mrgreen:

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
mr_palitoy said:
FX-7 on bbc news:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-26263068

:)

Jason

Great!!! Now every Tom Dick and Harry will think they've got a lottery win sitting in the loft!

Herosolo

Padawan
There is something nice about the look of the FX-7 on that card? It must be the colours. Still a lame figure though!

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Rebel_Runner said:
mr_palitoy said:

Jason

Great!!! Now every Tom Dick and Harry will think they've got a lottery win sitting in the loft!

A positive take on it is that there will be more loft finds as a result of the publicity. They will fetch at auction what they fetch,
regardless of the buyers expectations.

Jason

Doomseeker

Jedi Master
Not sure if this has been covered, but these prices will have a MASSIVE impact on collection/home insurance. I was listening to the Jeremy Vine show (the shame!!!) and they were talking about loss adjusting. Didn't know exactly what that was but now I do I'm gonna have to call up my home insurance company. Basically if your cover is for £40,000 but the loss adjuster reviews your case and decides that you have £80,000 worth of goods then the insurance company will only pay you £20,000 as you have invalidated part of your agreement with them! Where's this going re: Star Wars.....

Well all of a sudden your collection from an insurance perspective is worth **** loads more than it was 1 week ago as any investigation would look at recent sales and what it would cost to replace any items, you thought that FX 7 you had would only cost you £150 to replace.....not anymore, the insurance company will now say it would cost £7,000 to replace. This will have a huge impact should the very worst happen to you collection..

To summarize....your Palitoy Star Wars collection probably wont be covered anymore by standard insurance!

Hope this all made sense!

spoons

Grand Master
Doomseeker said:
Not sure if this has been covered, but these prices will have a MASSIVE impact on collection/home insurance. I was listening to the Jeremy Vine show (the shame!!!) and they were talking about loss adjusting. Didn't know exactly what that was but now I do I'm gonna have to call up my home insurance company. Basically if your cover is for £40,000 but the loss adjuster reviews your case and decides that you have £80,000 worth of goods then the insurance company will only pay you £20,000 as you have invalidated part of your agreement with them! Where's this going re: Star Wars.....

Well all of a sudden your collection from an insurance perspective is worth **** loads more than it was 1 week ago as any investigation would look at recent sales and what it would cost to replace any items, you thought that FX 7 you had would only cost you £150 to replace.....not anymore, the insurance company will now say it would cost £7,000 to replace. This will have a huge impact should the very worst happen to you collection..

To summarize....your Palitoy Star Wars collection probably wont be covered anymore by standard insurance!

Hope this all made sense!

Worth bearing in mind that most insurers will only pay out what you paid for collectables - keep pdfs of all paypal receipts. You have to have an independent valuer confirm new prices if you think your collection has increased in price, and I doubt many insurers would be savvy enough to assume that Palitoy's had risen that much to bother checking.

Doomseeker

Jedi Master
Worth bearing in mind that most insurers will only pay out what you paid for collectables - keep pdfs of all paypal receipts. You have to have an independent valuer confirm new prices if you think your collection has increased in price, and I doubt many insurers would be savvy enough to assume that Palitoy's had risen that much to bother checking.[/quote]

True, but with all the recent press I think more and more insurance companies will start taking notice

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Wow, in the 90s I had that exact Palitoy FX-7 as a reseal. No idea what happened to it.

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
mr_palitoy said:
Rebel_Runner said:
mr_palitoy said:

Jason

A positive take on it is that there will be more loft finds as a result of the publicity. They will fetch at auction what they fetch,
regardless of the buyers expectations.

Jason

Haha! love your positive spin on things. :D

20backdPb

Jedi Knight
Crazy prices and sounds that some have damp issues as well.
I am in the process of selling off my Palitoy collection and have been very reasonable
with my pricing in my view.
I see this as a hobby and I hope I have been fair and believe it is important not to price
genuine collectors out of the hobby.
The current prices could do just that, which I think is a shame.

theslider

Sith Lord
20backdPb said:
I am in the process of selling off my Palitoy collection and have been very reasonable
I see this as a hobby and I hope I have been fair and believe it is important not to price

Links to the sales?!!!!

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
20backdPb said:

I can vouch for that, from what I know u have been v fair indeed!
Just wish I got in there first :lol:

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Caswellbot said:
The bubble on the power droid was coming away from the card in the bottom right. C3po had a pretty big wave to the card.

Phew thank god I decided not to bid! :eek:

As for the prices! Unbeliable bordering on insane! :shock:

SithlordWS6

Youngling
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I noticed some recent Palitoy sales on eBay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181483484628?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181483474790?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181483494147?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm in no way a Palitoy expert, but these look like the exact same figures as the ones in the February Vectis auction but were sold for MUCH less on eBay. What happened here? Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere.

Thanks,
Chris

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
That's the nature of the game Chris! Diff prices for the same items can b realised in diff auctions :wink: Sometimes one can b lucky in an auction and have no real competition and therefore get a piece cheap, or a massive bidding war can develope and prices can get ridiculous!

In the case of the Ugnaught the Vectis price realised was an incredibly high one-a fair bit more than it should have gone for :shock: and ironically the eBay priced realised was v cheap indeed by today's Palitoy prices :!:

IMO the Leia went fairly cheap too and someone got a good deal on the Han.

SithlordWS6

Youngling
Yeah, I was just surprised at the magnitude of the differences for the EXACT same figure 6 months later. That's quite a loss for someone if they really paid those Vectis prices! :shock:

Glad to hear that there isn't anything wrong with them as I bid on all three and to my surprise I won the Ugnaught. Like I said, I'm not a big Pailtoy guy, just thought they all looked cool. Well...Ugnaught is as cool as you can be for a mini half man/half pig dressed in a smock and carrying a white briefcase! :)

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
U did well mate 8) I had an AFA 80 41 Ug that I sold earlier this year for just under £600, so yeh nice pick up for u :wink:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
That ugnaught is a great score. Real good price. If your not sure about it I will give you your money back for it ;)

Why not post some pics in latest acquisitions. That's a great pick up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom