Leia white cape - real or fake?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Furtin said:
Thats interesting, Lars. I'm keenly waiting till my Leias arrive but it will take some time, since I bought a Taiwan COO from canada and a couple nice, white HK from (guess where) Denmark :D

The moment they arrive, I'll make large macro shots of the different capes and let you know what I found out ... 8)

What I aint going to do, is buy some repro crap (at least not intentional)!

Great to read you found some nice figures in denmark :D Would love to read what you learn from the figs you are waiting for. I hope my leia cape is original. Wish somebody could help us ID them :D

I also still need to ID my tusken raider cape :(

chazb73

Sith Lord
Ok now I'm confused after reading a little more - the cape I have here feels legit to me - nice and thick, great fit :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Andy as some of the other members write there is a no zip for the taiwan leia. But I do not know how spot it between a repro.

Do you think the one you have is original ?

Chico

Jedi Knight
My Taiwan Leia came with a non-zip cape that still feels legit and is a good fit. I'm sure it's the same one listed by yourself Andy, and the one you have Lars. It was also from a 'good' childhood collection so I trust it ... However I also picked up a HK Leia with the same non-zip cape from another collection that did have a few repro items in it. So like Lars I have them both quarantined for now...

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Chico said:
My Taiwan Leia came with a non-zip cape that still feels legit and is a good fit. I'm sure it's the same one listed by yourself Andy, and the one you have Lars. It was also from a 'good' childhood collection so I trust it ... However I also picked up a HK Leia with the same non-zip cape from another collection that did have a few repro items in it. So like Lars I have them both quarantined for now...

Did the capes feel like the same ?

my leia and tusken raider cape has now been quarantined for a few years :(

I hope we will soon learn something new about them :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
chazb73 said:
The cape I have is a quality I wouldn't expect from a repro item - I'm not so sure now though Lars :?

Can you take a picture of it where it is flat, like the one I have ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Chico said:

Can you take pictures of the 2 capes you have ?

Chico

Jedi Knight
Here are a couple of photos, sorry hard to capture the texture with my camera. Taiwan on the left, HK on the right. Material is the same but just noticed that the Taiwan cape is 4-5mm longer, it almost touches the ground when standing.

leia1_zps9b1e80bf.jpg

leia2_zpsccc31e71.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom