Loose complete figure sale 20.06 ended

jayums

Jedi Master
Hi all,

I have an excellent bunch of loose figures up for sale.
- complete, no repro
- vgc figures in collector's condition - c8-9

T&Cs
- offers considered in order of arrival
- payment via pp, fees on your side +4%
- postage is flat rate via RM £3 whether you order 1 or more figures.

R2 solid dome - 26 sold
C3PO fixed - great gold - ended
Death Star droid (a beaut, tight limbs) - 24 sold
Han Hoth - ended
LL Biker Scout (with light non LL blaster) - ended
Yoda (light green, orange snake) - 28. sold pending
Ben Kenobi grey hair - ended
C3po with bag - ended price drop... managed to drop him prior to photo and now has a paint spot near eye ... As shown in pic - other than that he is a good 'un... doh!!
R2 sensorscope - ended

20160620_095057_zpshw3yflgk.jpg

20160620_111555_zpspzp2rqvg.jpg

20160620_095034_zps3bbfkrq3.jpg

20160620_111602_zpsd1ahs0f3.jpg

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Yoda sold!? Wtf? I thought you were going to hold him for me and send me some close-up photos. What so because I made you an offer on a couple of figures (£3 off the Yoda) and you didn't like it you just sold it to someone else without sending me the pics or asking if I wanted it at full price? Piss poor mate :|

jayums

Jedi Master
Robstyley said:
Yoda sold!? Wtf? I thought you were going to hold him for me and send me some close-up photos. What so because I made you an offer on a couple of figures (£3 off the Yoda) and you didn't like it you just sold it to someone else without sending me the pics or asking if I wanted it at full price? Piss poor mate :|

Rob here is the message you sent and my response verbatim:

HISTORY:
Re: Yoda + Biker Scout
Sent: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:00 pm
by jayums

Robstyley wrote:
Hello buddy,

Interested in the Yoda orange snake and LL Biker Scout. Would you mind holding them and sending me some close up photos? To: [email protected]

Would you take £60 + postage for the two? Yoda 25, Biker Scout 35. I bought an LL Biker Scout off Iain not so long ago for 25 quid, I dont think it's worth 48. Will have a look abd get back to you tonight when I get in from work.

Cheers fella, Andy

My response:

Hi there ... i'm not accepting lower offers on this, but will try to take clearer pics when I get a chance, as did so in a bit of a hurry this morning. J

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Exactly! Only 2 messages. You haven't given me a chance to respond or sent the pics I requested. You could have at least said, sorry I can't accept the offer but do you want it/them at the asking price?

jayums

Jedi Master
Robstyley said:
Exactly! Only 2 messages. You haven't given me a chance to respond or sent the pics I requested. You could have at least said, sorry I can't accept the offer but do you want it/them at the asking price?

I replied that I didn't accept your offer. You read my message and did not respond. How am I supposed to know that you might come back hours later with another offer? I'm not a mind reader! Why should I be obliged to come back to you with another offer having rejected your first?!

Your complaint (posted on the public thread rather than privately) is that I had agreed to hold it for you and send you photos. Neither of which is actually true.

It can be annoying to miss out on stuff we'd like, but I don't think I've done anything wrong, so we will have to disagree on this one and move on. J

jayums

Jedi Master
Lord vader is king said:
Hi

Do you still have the biker scout?

Thanks

Hi mate, yes I.do. Please note is has the light grey pistol not the LL pistol which is a bit darker. The figure itself is vgc. I bought him for over the odds at £65 on ebay so selling him at a loss, so can't go lower on this one I'm afraid. J

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Jayums, you're still fairly new here. Andy has a point. He was the first to reply to the thread, and did so within 2 hours of posting. Two hours after that, you sold it to someone else. It is customary to give someone a chance at accepting your terms as outlined in your PM response, so this is a little on the poor side. I suggest in the future, to add that you are not willing to negotiate, and/or there are no holds on offers if someone is willing to pay full price. Either one of those would have avoided this issue, especially since it looks like you're about to do it again with the Biker Scout.

Ian

jayums

Jedi Master
:shock: seriously?!

I didn't make any terms in my response Ian. I rejected a low ball (60 vs 81) offer, didn't get a response, and moved on.

If anyone who has bought anything this morning wants a refund because I've been unreasonable then let me know. Otherwise will post everything out tomorrow.

I'm closing this sales thread and will sell elsewhere from now on...Life is too short.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
No need to get in a snit. I posted because you've been here only a few months, and am giving you the benefit of the doubt. This is the way the hobby tends to work. What I said was intended more as advice for the future than a condemnation, so this issue doesn't come up again. Packing your bags and selling elsewhere isn't going to help much - you'll find the majority of vintage SW collector sites uphold the same standards.

Cheers.

Ian

Ian_C

Jedi Master
jayums said:
I didn't make any terms in my response Ian. I rejected a low ball (60 vs 81) offer, didn't get a response, and moved on.

Actually, you did. After the initial post said "offers considered in order of arrival", you told him "no offers on this". You set the terms of not being negotiable. You also DID say you would try and get him pics later on - which as a buyer would indicate you are in the negotiating stage and was awaiting your next reply.

Was "this" just the Scout, or the Yoda too? And if so, why didn't the Yoda say "no offers"? To be fair, LL Scout's on ebay are ending in the £55 range on the upper end, so I don't think the price was unfair, but at the same time, many people, especially if looking for more than one figure, will ask 25% off (as Andy did), counting on a counter offer both are happy with. If you think 25% off is lowballing, you're going to be in for a surprise - there are LOTS of people out there that routinely ask for 50% or more off. THAT is lowballing.

In any event, he asked for a whole £3 off the Yoda, on a figure you apparently would have considered offers on. Up to you to decide if you accept it of course, but the standard would have been to ensure he was unwilling to go higher before accepting the next person.

Whatever, it's not really my business. Just trying to help explain why your sale was frowned upon, but if you've made your mind up to take your ball and go home, whatever.

Best of luck.

Ian

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Just catching up and missed WW3 , Rob if you want the Yoda that bad , I will certainly bow out ! , however would be good for everyone to clarify things .

When sending a PM mark which figures you are after , this isn't Facebook and there are not loads of rules , it's up to the seller who he / she sells to .

Come on everyone !

Robstyley

Sith Lord
steve obi wan said:
Just catching up and missed WW3 , Rob if you want the Yoda that bad , I will certainly bow out ! , however would be good for everyone to clarify things .

When sending a PM mark which figures you are after , this isn't Facebook and there are not loads of rules , it's up to the seller who he / she sells to .

Come on everyone !

Hold your horses Steve. I don't want the Yoda that bad, it's not about that. And there's nothing to clarify, I sent the first PM and made the first comment in the thread. It's about what happened after that. All this - it's up to the seller who he/she sells to, it's a bit cuthroat, especially for here. I would have just given someone a bit longer to respond and to agree or decline to meet the asking price before ****ing them off, that's all. You just happen to be the next person who wanted it, I have no beef with you comrade, or Jayums now for that matter. All is well :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom