MANY MECCANO CARDBACKS SOLD ON EBAY LAST SUNDAY!!!

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:
People must be insane :? A grand for a cardback :eek: No thanks.

I guess it's just the way one branch of the hobby has evolved. You couldn't give cardbacks away when I started originally, now they've got a growing following because you don't have to have a MOC budget to put together a full set.

But as collectors complete basic runs they look to rarer examples to keep collecting, in much the same way loose variants are starting to become more and more sought after.

I guess the key is to look at what might be next to catch fire price wise.

I'm off to stock up on bend-em's...

J_G

Padawan
Fandango,

Which cards did you get?

I got a couple myself. I can't even afford potatoes now! Bread and water for me ;)

I'm actually surprised the Poch Stormtrooper didn't sell for more. It's a super rare 37/41 'B', I think it may well be the only known example!

Thanks,

Jonathan.

JFK

Jedi Master
Theese are obviously for the hard core collectors ! Some serious money there

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
I did have an Ugnaught cardback and Imperial Commander cardback in similar condition, not surprised by these prices.

If anything I'm surprised Bossk or R5-D4 didn't go for more as these two are extremely tough to find.

J_G

Padawan
Stormtrooper37 said:
I did have an Ugnaught cardback and Imperial Commander cardback in similar condition, not surprised by these prices.

If anything I'm surprised Bossk or R5-D4 didn't go for more as these two are extremely tough to find.

Ugnaught and Imperial Commander have a very loving new home Paul ;) Thank you once again.

I so wish I would have got the Bossk card, but alas...

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
J_G said:
Stormtrooper37 said:

Ugnaught and Imperial Commander have a very loving new home Paul ;)

I so wish I would have got the Bossk card, but alas...

They do indeed Jonathan :wink:

Fandango

Youngling
J_G said:
Fandango,

Which cards did you get?

I got a couple myself. I can't even afford potatoes now! Bread and water for me ;)

I'm actually surprised the Poch Stormtrooper didn't sell for more. It's a super rare 37/41 'B', I think it may well be the only known example!

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Hi Jonathan,
I got Greedo, Walrus, Snaggletooth, Lando and Bossk.... (they will join my other 15 square cards !!)... I'm praying night and day for the parcel no to go astray...

Regs

J_G

Padawan
thanks fandango, i'm very jealous you got bossk ;) i wanted the walrus man too (as an upgrade)!

here's my set of 20 backs:

meccano%2020_zpsjn1imgjr.jpg

i'm slowing trying to get a set of meccano ESB cards too...

Fandango

Youngling
J_G said:
thanks fandango, i'm very jealous you got bossk ;) i wanted the walrus man too (as an upgrade)!

here's my set of 20 backs:

meccano%2020_zpsjn1imgjr.jpg

i'm slowing trying to get a set of meccano ESB cards too...
Hi Jonathan,
Congrats!... You've got the whole set of MECCANO "LGDE" square cards"... Very nice indeed...
As for ESB cards, you'll have a tough time getting some of them because so many French collectors are on the lookout for the stuff!!
I've got just nine of them... I bought them in the early 1980s... as toys... .
I think the guy who sold the card backs last Sunday had one of the most complete collection of ESB cards I've ever seen..

Regs

Attachments

• IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 783

J_G

Padawan
Fantastic square ESB cardbacks Fandango, I'm very jealous ;) So with the addition of Lando and Bossk you will have 11 ESB cards?! I have 9, so almost half way!

Fandango

Youngling
J_G said:
Fantastic square ESB cardbacks Fandango, I'm very jealous ;) So with the addition of Lando and Bossk you will have 11 ESB cards?! I have 9, so almost half way!
Hi J_G,

Yes, we belong to "the happy few"...
Which Meccano ESB cards do you have ?

Cheers.
Fandango

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I did not see those auctions on ebay :shock:

I am surprised how expensive they are :shock:

Jonathan you have an awesome meccano cardback collection 8)

J_G

Padawan
wow! those new additions look awesome fandango, i'm VERY jealous ;)

the meccano ESB cards i have are; fett, BSG, lobot, ugnaught, imperial commander, ig88, 21b, lando and han hoth.

i'll try to post a group shot this week. in the meantime you can see most of my collection on my blog:

http://starwarscardbacks.tumblr.com
http://starwarscardbacks.tumblr.com/archive

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
Awesome pieces to see.
What would a Luc Pilote card with the bubble attached go for now, ballpark estimate even?

Thanks
Marc

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom