Memorabilia NEC November

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I'll be going - go every year. It's changed A LOT over recent years though.

The guest list used to be AMAZING but it's almost a joke now. Collectormania is by far the better show for guests, but Memorabilia is better for buying stuff.

I'll be taking my 4 year old son for the first time on Sunday. He's looking forward to seeing all the Stormtroopers!

I'll be looking for a couple of vintage pieces, a loose R2 solid dome and a mint boxed Twin Pod Cloud Car are top of the list!

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Nowhere near as big or grand and it used to be,but I go with the mindset of not really expecting to find anything I want,and then I aint disappointed.
Still a top day out though,always good to meet up with fellow collector's and forum members alike.

I'll be there on the Sunday.

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
What's his like for kids? I'm thinking of popping along on the Saturday and bringing my 3 1/2 year old son. He's just getting into Star Wars.

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
Got my dealer pack today.tables no 10 to 16 island L,everyone welcome to come and have a chat and see what's on offer,I will have alsorts of Star Wars stuff ,old and new,vintage carded and loose figures,boxed ships ,modern carded figures ,vehicles,statues **** loads of stuff.cheers Nick

Jedi Soldier

Youngling
i will def come and introduce myself nick, be good to chat about vintage figures and vintage new ones especially about Jar Jar Carbonite ( Just sent that carded figure to be graded at UKG ), i'll be coming along on sunday, hoping to bring my 4 year old daughter if my ex will let me have her!! look forward to it,

also be good to say hi to anyone from this forum too, not that i will no who you are!!! perhaps we can arrange something, meaning some kind of clothing or something that says, we are from this site? so while we are walking around the NEC we can come say hi to each other?

Any ideas Anyone? no i'm not gona wear a red rose!!!! haha!!!

Cheers

Clinton

https://www.justgiving.com/OutdoorPhysicalTraining-O-P-T/

spoons

Grand Master
I'll be wearing my forum tee - be sure to call in on Nick for a forum discount ;)

Jedi Soldier

Youngling
What day you going? I'll keep a look out,

I'm going Sunday, and get there till middayish as I'm at work till 1100,

Def will look in on Nick and see what he has and hoping for a members discount HaHaHa!!

Doomseeker

Jedi Master
I'll be there on Saturday, I'll be sure to swing by and say hello Nick as I'm on the hunt for boxed vintage goodness.......specifically a dagobah playset, fingers crossed.
Cheers
Gary

Doomseeker

Jedi Master
Very poor I thought for vintage.
The busiest I've ever seen memorabilia. ..probably due to the new comic con aspect.
Got to meet and chat to Jordan The Toy Hunter which was cool.
Starzone had some amazing Palitoy boxed items but very expensive.
Made a mini pilgrimage to Coalville and the old Palitoy factory which was awesome.
First year I've ever been to memorabilia and didnt buy a single thing....some crazy prices for loose figures £25 for a loose Stormtrooper. Lovely carded wind up r2d2. ..but was about £1300

andy x-wing pilot

Jedi Knight
There wasnt that much SW Vintage kicking around but Darren`s pitch had some awesome Palitoy items on.
It was a very busy day and my 5 year old loved the Robot Wars and sitting in the Landspeeder.
The Imperial March just outside the hall about 2pm was awesome to see with Vader leading it and about 50 or more characters following him.
FF4 is the place to get to in December for loads of SW Vintage guys.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Went today with my 4 year old son who loved it. Great to see so many old faces, and to see the Toy Hunter himself, I was sorely tempted to buy the Micro Collection Snowspeeder from him. The best item there was on his stall too - the Lyons Maid ice cream display graphic. Vac formed plastic with a SW lolly, Superman lolly and a 6 Million $ man lolly advert. Stunning. And so it should be for £2500!!! It had decorated the wall of somebodys kitchen for years. I doubt you'll ever see another one.

The show has changed so much over the years, which I guess it has to, but I really miss the days when it was run by Henry Cook - he knew how to run a show.

In all, an ok day out.

spoons

Grand Master
There was less vintage than normal but still enough - Darren did have some superb items as did Jim Stevenson. Shame he wouldn't split his die cast Palitoys. They were reasonably priced too.

Bought the micro gantry off Jordan, when I got home the gantry was missing a piece - daylight robbery from Hemborough :lol:

I was a bit star struck and didn't open the box until I got home :oops:

Found Jordan a bit stand offish but his crew were all very friendly, and with a bit of luck my son and I will be on Series 3 :D

The record and toy guy from Reading said that they did a lot of filming at his shop - looking forward to seeing the UK episode

The kids all loved it, we ended up spending most of the day hunting down doctor who figs, always a good day.

M best item was a boxed Playmobil R2 knock off - very cool

Good to see Dave Tree, who is always up for a chat and ill have to make FF one of these days, a b&b an beers may be in order

Doomseeker

Jedi Master
I found Jordan to be really nice and accommodating but to fair I was talking to him at about 9:30 on the saturday morning and they weren't film yet. Chatted to him for about 10 mins and got a picture with him...nice guy but he did look really busy every other time I saw him

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom