MOC with "shattered" lightsabre

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
This turned up this morning. It really appealed to me so I went for it. Its actually in much nicer shape in hand then you might have thought. The card back is washed out and the trilogo bubble is yellow but not in bad shape (for a trilogo). No cracks or splits and factory slick sealed. The card is nice and flat.

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg

The Sabre:

IMG_3295.jpg

A photo of the sabre up close, through a magnifying glass. Look at the white stress rings on the sabre. Even the top 1mm of the handle has snapped off. My opinion, certainly not sabotage. All of the damage to this thing, the sabre, the yellowing bubble, the colours on the card, all down to solar degradation. The sun has dried this one out, caused the sabre to break up and caused the trilogo bubble to go so yellow. So look after those MOCs,

IMG_3298.jpg

As for this one, he's going off to the graders at some point. What do you think he will get?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice one glad you got it. :? I woulden't send it off the gun might shatter as well. :lol:

Anyway I'm going into exile, see you around on Facebook. :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
As a MOC it's shot, but as a really, really cool talking point and interest piece it's priceless, mate. Great purchase. And it's one hell of a warning of what can happen to even trilogo bubbles :(

Joe

Grand Master
Glad you got it Ben, definitely a fun figure!

Simon, sadly they can turn :(

Worryingly, I managed to find loads of examples for this thread: http://forum.trilogo.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=321

(Edited for clarity)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom