New Book: Galactic Plastic by Stephane Faucourt / Yann Leroux

Gadders

Padawan
I received my copy of this new book from Amazon yesterday. Its a nice hardcover book, covering vehicles, playsets, mini rigs and body rigs with big clear photos of the boxes, contents and instruction sheets.
Its also quite an interesting read too - there aren't a lot of words, but I've learnt plenty.

Attachments

• 20220911_172442.jpg
    20220911_172442.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 20220911_172437.jpg
    20220911_172437.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 20220911_172432.jpg
    20220911_172432.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 20220911_155844.jpg
    20220911_155844.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 69

Palifan

Sith Lord
I received my copy of this new book from Amazon yesterday. Its a nice hardcover book, covering vehicles, playsets, mini rigs and body rigs with big clear photos of the boxes, contents and instruction sheets.
Its also quite an interesting read too - there aren't a lot of words, but I've learnt plenty.
It's a great looking book but I think after my copy of Red Five arrives I'll have to be done with my SW book collection........well that's until a Palitoy one gets released :)

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
It's a great looking book but I think after my copy of Red Five arrives I'll have to be done with my SW book collection........well that's until a Palitoy one gets released :)

Ian
I wouldn't hold your breath.😔

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I got my copy of 'Galactic Plastic' yesterday, and can thoroughly recommend it. Great photos and information throughout. A minor gripe is that I would have preferred the pages to be printed with a glossy rather than a matt finish, but that aside it's a terrific reference book.

Gadders

Padawan
I got my copy of 'Galactic Plastic' yesterday, and can thoroughly recommend it. Great photos and information throughout. A minor gripe is that I would have preferred the pages to be printed with a glossy rather than a matt finish, but that aside it's a terrific reference book.
I assumed the print quality was due to it being printed on demand by Amazon, rather than a design choice as such?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I assumed the print quality was due to it being printed on demand by Amazon, rather than a design choice as such?
Who knows? It was printed in Poland, for what that's worth, but I would have thought the authors could specify the type of print pages they wanted. I'm guessing better quality glossy printing would have increased the cost of the book?

Palifan

Sith Lord
I have the legendary Advertisements book that looks to be from the same authors and it's the same thing with the page quality for that one. There are a few books I bought recently that are the same and have to say that I agree with you that it does spoil the images being in matt. You just can't see the detail in the same way and the Corgi Batmobile one I have is similar but worse and has put me off even reading it.

I'm thinking it must be to do with cost and maybe it's just too expensive to go with gloss but it's a real shame with all the effort that goes into books like this.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom