New collector?

col

Padawan
Hi everyone,iv been lurking for a little time now,wondering what i would like to start collecting.Iv decided to go for the small figures that come on the blister cards,because they are cheap enough to buy from the shops when i want to.But also because they seem the most popular,and relatively easy to get going with.My question is,i saw a box of loose at a car boot the other week,and im thinking of going back to see if they are still there.Whats your opinions on getting started this way,and what sort of price would i expect to pay,bearing in mind the box is twice the size of a shoe box and full?
Looking forward to learning about collecting on here,looks a great site.cheers :)

gustie

Sith Lord
hi and welcome

is it vintage or modern figures u are refering too?

3"3/4 figures? or mini ones?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Welcome onboard Col 8)

I'm a bit confused about what type of figures you mean as well. Can you find any on Ebay or some pictures, just so we can give you a better idea of price etc.

col

Padawan
Hi jabbawokkie,im 46,and weasal,sorry i didnt think about that at all did i?Thinkin about it they are probably modern,but what caught my eye was darths cloak,im afraid im only guessing,as i dont know anything about them. :oops:

gustie

Sith Lord
coco's site is good reference for vintage

http://www.landoslocker.com/

is it thse your interested in?

or these?

TAC

http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC.asp

col

Padawan
Hi gustie,i would love the vintage,first link i think,but going on price and possibly availability,aswell as they look nice i think,i would be more interested in the bottom link type,and it looked similar to the darth i saw,but i cant be sure,it had a material cloak anyway.

col

Padawan
jabbawokkie said:
if your 46 i would have thought you would have been interested in vintage

I am,but im thinking of an easier and less expensive way to go,iv gotta get the wife on my side with it,and the prices of some of the vintage wouldnt help with that :D

gustie

Sith Lord
http://www.rebelscum.com/archives.asp

that has all the other modern lines too

theres load o fdifferent lines - ive a few mcquarrie concept figures so i think i may finish that line slowly

vintage is my main focus

col

Padawan
It doesnt look like iv put as much thought into this as i should have,what would your advice be on which ones are a good starter collection for me,.what made the modern look better was the way they are still in the shops and generally five or six quid,so not hard to get and maybe even get a good collection going?Also what about buying a box of loose,probably modern,worth a try?

gustie

Sith Lord
my best advise is just grab what you like to look of really...

once you have a few bits you will start to learn more about what lines they originate from and then maybe develop a focus of loose/carded or even a character focus

The Legacy Collection - 2008
The Clone Wars - 2008
The 30th Anniversary Collection - 2006-2008
The Saga Collection - 2006
Revenge of the Sith - 2005
Original Trilogy Collection - 2004
Clone Wars - 2004 through 2005
Star Wars "Saga" 2002 through 2004
Star Tours - 2002 through 2005
Power of the Jedi - 2000 through 2002
Episode I - 1999 through 2002
Shadows of the Empire - 1996
Power of the Force 2 - 1995 through 2000
Vintage - 1978 through 1985

theres plenty to choose from :)

gustie

Sith Lord
i have collected vintage for many years, with about a 6 year break, i used to get them out of their box now and then and since last year i got the bug again

i was only wanting to complete the main vintage run of about 100 figures but then i found out about variants...

that i found interesting as they can come from all different countrys etc, so i thought i might upgrade so i have the best variant (in my mind at least) of each figure.

that spiralled into full variant collecting thanks u lot :roll:

i think i have about 300 but theres roughly 700 known variants kicking about out there to be found - its cool finding them here and there.

as you can see on cocoFstar's site theres plenty to keep you busy

col

Padawan
Your right there,im going to have to try and stick with a theme at first,maybe return of the jedi,as that was my fave out of the first three,but like you say,i might get pulled into the getting alsorts of other types too.My biggest regret was getting rid of i think they were about 20 inches long vehicles a few years ago,it was a naboo thing,sorry cant remember what it was called,but it was a sleek yellow and pointed tail with a motor on each wing,sort of a long sleek looking thing,iv tried to find a pic but cant,but im sure i still have a poster and book set somewhere in the attic,i going to try and find it tonight,ill post a pic if i do.

Ron

Sith Lord
welcome to the forum mate. Bit of advive dont collect AFA or palitoy carded figures . It will empty your bank qccount

col

Padawan
Ron said:
welcome to the forum mate. Bit of advive dont collect AFA or palitoy carded figures . It will empty your bank qccount

Cheers Ron,thats why ill probably be going for new stuff :) Anyway here is a pic of the model i used to have,and a couple of things i found in the attic,looks like i have a start to my collection :D

starwars002.jpg

starwars001.jpg

starwars007.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom