Next Vectis Auction?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Another one coming up this month, will be interesting to see if the trend continues.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Cazza said:
I know a lot of things went crazy high. However, that 45b Dengar was a steal at £90, despite it's condition.

That Dengar was fine so long as you didn't look at it, I wonder if they ever found the Elephant that sat on the bubble!

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
theforceuk said:
Another one coming up this month, will be interesting to see if the trend continues.

Not much Palitoy in the next auction so will be difficult to see if the trend continues.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Cazza said:
I know a lot of things went crazy high. However, that 45b Dengar was a steal at £90, despite it's condition.

That Dengar was fine so long as you didn't look at it, I wonder if they ever found the Elephant that sat on the bubble!

:lol: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
:lol:
Cazza said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Cazza said:

:lol: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Said by the man who has a near perfect one to look at :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:
theforceuk said:

Not much Palitoy in the next auction so will be difficult to see if the trend continues.
'

No for vintage Star Wars in general though.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
theforceuk said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
theforceuk said:

'

No for vintage Star Wars in general though.

I guess there could be a general trend in that everything was selling more but the bigger sale price surprises all seemed to be Palitoy:
45A 2-1B £8500
45c LXW £2100
45b Hoth Stormtrooper £1600

UKS

Jedi Knight
My first time missing everything I went for. I often overpay (annoyingly) as well.

Prices of everything is jumping. I am trying to get some WWF Hasbro figures, (which used to be pence!) and now they are last 17 (loose) prices.

Redward

Youngling
From SAS on 27 May yes still waiting... I emailed them again today - last response was "I am unable to give an estimated despatch date of your parcel but will get it sent out as soon as we can"... hardly great customer service, even in lockdown...

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes I'm still waiting, no response to my e-mail. I guess with the way things are at the moment its not easy for them. I think they need to cut a bit of slack.

olisuds

Sith Lord
You are probably right, in these times you need a bit of extra patience and understanding. However when a company is charging 25% commission to the buyer and probably something similar to the seller and making £k's, it makes you wonder how they can manage to get the invoices out to everyone the same day but 2 weeks later there's not even an update on shipping. I mean I'm not saying I necessarily expect them to be shipped but when you are making that much money from customers it would be nice if they managed expectations and told you when they expected to ship.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
olisuds said:
You are probably right, in these times you need a bit of extra patience and understanding. However when a company is charging 25% commission to the buyer and probably something similar to the seller and making £k's, it makes you wonder how they can manage to get the invoices out to everyone the same day but 2 weeks later there's not even an update on shipping. I mean I'm not saying I necessarily expect them to be shipped but when you are making that much money from customers it would be nice if they managed expectations and told you when they expected to ship.

I agree and share your frustration. They are very quick to take your money, jusy doesn't seem right complaining about it at the moment. The thing is for me the packing and posting is going to be delayed perhaps due to social distancing and reduced staff, but there really is no excuse for not sending an e-mail to update everyone on their order status.

Redward

Youngling
I agree for me its about the communication, not the wait... Just wondering what the guy who spent £8.5k on the 2-1B is thinking right now... Or maybe they sent his first!

Besides, my sister-in-law in the US just found me a Dianoga today so I'm chuffed to see that on its way...

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
It does say on their original invoice they send you that it can take up to 21 days to process your order, so they are not going to waste time and money replying to requests within that time frame.

olisuds

Sith Lord
I'd hadn't noticed that but I checked the email and you are right. Well I guess it's only a few days away from 21 days so hopefully that will mean we should receive them by end of next week.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Richard_H said:
I picked my stuff up and a ridiculous amount for others!

Surprised anyone has been aloud to pick items up, presumed that was out of the question.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom