Odd R5-D4 Variant??

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Sorry for my ignorance, but what R5-D4 variant is this??
The auction description says 'unknown manufacturer', so I'm assuming it's a knock-off.
Not sure I'd pay that sort of money for it, though :shock:

MOD EDIT, link removed at the request of the winner. A bit of common sense on recently ended auctions please guys!

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Mr-shifter said:
Someone more knowledgeable will hopefully chip in but I have my suspicions that this may be an uzay r5-d4.

It would explain the price.

Just googled it and I think you've got it spot on, mate.
You learn something new everyday :D
Not the thing that would appeal to me, but does explain the price.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Why do people insist on not waiting a week after an auction ends to ask questions. Yes there is an assumption that the seller can be bought- ****ing over it. Perhaps more people need to be 'backdoored' before it becomes common courtesy not to be the reason why a fellow collector misses out.......

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Sorry for my random rant but people forget too easy that cunts like John Walsh ( bobablarcfett ) would contact sellers of items that went under the radar and sold cheap then offer more money & the original winner misses out.

And when I have friends that could suffer it annoys me :cry:

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
aussiejames said:
Sorry for my random rant but people forget too easy that cunts like John Walsh ( bobablarcfett ) would contact sellers of items that went under the radar and sold cheap then offer more money & the original winner misses out.

And when I have friends that could suffer it annoys me :cry:

Your rant was completely justified.
I can only apologise if I caused you offence. Schoolboy error :oops:
No offence was intended and I'll try to engage the solitary brain cell, before posting a link.

Jon

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Guys James has a point, the auction has only finished so please wait a while before posting links.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Think the issue here is a lack of understanding as to what the item was.

There are a large number of threads on this forum basically highlighting stuff that is on eBay overpriced, got the wrong accessories, badly described etc etc etc. There seems to me to be more posts about odd eBay actions then anything else at the moment on this forum.

I'm sure the op just thought this was another shill/dodgy/mad auction. I'm also sure no offence was meant.

To the op. Why not edit your original post and take the link out.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Mr-shifter said:
I'm sure the op just thought this was another shill/dodgy/mad auction. I'm also sure no offence was meant.

To the op. Why not edit your original post and take the link out.

Link has been removed by mod.
As stated by mr-shifter, nothing malicious was intended. Only ignorance and a desire for information, on my part.
Many apologies,
Jon

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Sorry I came in all guns blazing, I know this thread was not started with any malicious intent at all. Totally innocent "WTF is going on here? " thread. I get that. It just sucks to see/hear time & time again unethical muppets screwing people over. Fingers crossed all involved are happy in the end. I could have taken this to PM ( as I did a few days ago with a different link ) but I figured talk about this publicly & more people would get the idea of waiting a bit.

itfciain

Grand Master
I completely agree with AJ that you have to be careful when outing these things but I think in this case it was a complete mistake - - I guess until you know what an Uzay R5 looks like (and 95% of the community probably don't) then it is going to puzzle you why it is going for that sort of price

What I will say is that there are some great people - like AJ, Todd, JoeO and many others that you could always drop a PM to first and ask them - that way you'll get the answer but won't make it public (and allow toerags like Blarc to get involved)

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
itfciain said:
What I will say is that there are some great people - like AJ, Todd, JoeO and many others that you could always drop a PM to first and ask them - that way you'll get the answer but won't make it public (and allow toerags like Blarc to get involved)
Thanks for that. Consider it a lesson well and truly learned.
This Blarc fella has been mentioned a few times. I take it he is/was a complete bell-end?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I deleted the link from the OP at the winners request.

I know there was no malintent behind the original listing, it's just that this is a public site. People can see everything on here, apart from OT, and we have no idea who is reading this and may decide to try and back door the winner.

It's one of those grey areas, we all like to laugh at crazy listings or items that went for daft money, but occasionally someone on here has won the item and we don't want to risk him missisng out because someone who doesn't have the same stance on ethics as the rest of us, decides to try and shaft him.

Hopefully no harm done.

Ps, i did enjoy the irony of one of our convict/Aussie members warning us about someone possibly getting ripped off. :lol:

itfciain

Grand Master
Twin30mm said:
itfciain said:
Thanks for that. Consider it a lesson well and truly learned.
This Blarc fella has been mentioned a few times. I take it he is/was a complete bell-end?

Not sure what has happened to Blarc these days - sure he still tries to buy these things - but a couple of years ago he was notorious for buying things - often after auction - for higher prices than originally agreed - he would then try to flip them

I will say he was not always successful - especially as his reputation as a scammer (funniest was a misscard Vader on an ERG card where you could still see fluff from the ERG cape) got the better of him

I am sure that there have been many times when he, and others have tried to 'backdoor' an auction - obviously the most famous is the 79euro General Madine

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Has to said, every rare cardback auction on eBay I've been involved with in the last few years has been outed on this forum within a day. Didn't mind so much this time as I lost out. But on the other occasions where I've won I've been dismayed to see the auction links posted up here so quickly.

Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom