Original Kenner farm boy Luke with matching limbs and torso?

wav

Youngling
Just wondering if there are any original Kenner Luke figures that have arms that match the white of the torso, or if all are at least off a bit due to age?

I've been collecting the vintage figures now for a couple of years, and while I've managed to get Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers, and Biker Scouts where the white parts all match, I just can't seem to find a Luke (or Leia for that matter) where all the white parts of the figure match.

After a while, I did manage to find a Luke that is really close, but off just a bit. Should I continue looking for one where all the white matches or is it pointless as what I've got is as good as it gets?

poncho

Grand Master
keep looking! youl luck out im sure. age is against you my friend! these figures are 30 years old and the plastic and paint are degrading its a natural thing no matter of protection wont protect the torso and limbs im afraid from degrading for ever. its just case of being lucky.

dont go down the opening a baggie or moc route for perfection for goodness sake :evil: just keep looking! and enjoy the hunt. :)

olisuds

Sith Lord
The problem is the limbs are made of a different plastic to the torso and will therefore deteriorate in a different way. After 30 years it's going to be a challenge to find figures that are the same shade of white plastic as when they left the factory. I no longer have my loose set but I also recall Luke Farmboy being a difficult one to find a nice white example of with matching limbs and torso colour. Even the AFA85 graded ones were off colour.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom