Premier League 23/24 Thread

It'll take Ange time though. He has only been in charge since the summer. Give him another window to sort out the squad. Spurs are still streets ahead of where they where when he took over.

Although, please keep leaking goals when you come to Anfield in May, cos we owe you one!
Bit of a late reply but I wish Ange would go back to the Hoops and Brendan Rogers would go coach on Hoth! Ange ball works for our entertainment and he'll always be a God in the East End of Glasgow, Spurs have money behind them too so given time they could actually win something next season! 😝

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Here's the (double) handball. Tries to head it and completely misses it, bounces from right arm to left arm. Unbelievable.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I think they said he headed it... but he didn't...

Even if he did, it goes from one arm to the other and they are both out in front of him + he's facing the ball. Nonsense.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
It doesn't look like he heads it from that angle!
I have no idea what the handball rule is anymore. He doesn't mean to hand ball it but I dont think that matters. Do they consider his arms inline with his body and thus rather than being handball it's just him being ****?
He cant have any complaints if that's given though

lejackal

Grand Master
Champions league draws:

1/4F draw
Arsenal
vs Bayern Munich
Atletico Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund
Real Madrid
vs Manchester City
PSG vs Barcelona

1/2F Draw
Arsenal or Bayern vs Real or City
Atletico or Dortmund vs PSG vs Barcelona

So cue all the Kane vs Arsenal talk followed by Arsenal getting battered by Real Madrid in the semis before the Mbappe employers final

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Very hard draw for Arsenal, rather like West Ham's in the Europa, whereas Liverpool have a much easier path to the final. Typical.

lejackal

Grand Master
Kane aside Bayern are not the beast that used to smash us 5-1 and in fairness this Arsenal are much better equipped defensively

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Great draws for the English sides. Bayern are, by Bayern's standards, a shambles. If Arsenal, turn up they will have too much for Bayern. Albeit
Arsenal's problems will probably be psychological. On paper they were a much better team than Porto but they let Porto's experience and streetwise-ness (is that a word?) dictate the game. Bayern have more experience than Porto and if Arsenal let them, they will hammer them. But if Arsenal can play like they do in the PL they will have far too much for them.
City will hoke Real.

Good draw for Pool, and yeah, definitely the easier side of the draw. WH and Leverkusen were the two sides I wanted to avoid. WH cos we see Pool play them twice a season and Europe is about playing different sides for me, and Leverkusen cos they are a decent outfit. I was gutted to see them score 2 late goals again Carrier-bag.

Nice draw for Villa too. The english clean sweep of Europe is still on.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Well, if you don't take the 97 half chanced you get….that's what happens.
That 5 on 2 that Cody Gakpo managed to **** up will be imprinted in my mind for years to come. FIVE on two defenders and he managed to pass to one of the two defenders (or was it Harvey Elliott after Gakpo gave him a **** pass, 2 yards behind him?)

It was a woeful game, and 'yes' I was saying that when Pool were winning (I have the whatsapps to prove it). Two teams who kept giving the ball away and had no idea what to do in the final third. It might have been entertaining for a neutral, but the standard of football was piss poor.
Utd get a bye in to the final now. Where City will do horrible things to them.
At least it saves me having to watch ANOTHER Liverpool Chelsea game.

That's twice this season Pool haven't really shown up against Utd, weird. They have a history of that under klopp. All too often they are very passive against Utd, even when Utd are there for the taking. It only seems to be against Utd as well. Fingers crossed they reverse that trend in a few weeks. That FAC should serve as motivation anyway.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I dare say 90% of those who are currently mortally offended are the same.

Although, I do think they have a point. Would Nike, an American company, have "playfully redesigned" the Star Spangled Banner? Maybe make it rainbow striped and ditch those silly stars!
NO ****ING CHANCE. But it's ok to piss about with someone else's flag. Hmmmmmm

Now, not my flag, so no horse in this race, and it is a storm in a teacup. But the above point still holds. They would never **** with their own beloved flag. So, why did they think it was ok to **** with someone else's?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Footballs back! Brentford away for Man Utd, no idea which version of Utd will show up. **** or bust for Arsenal, I really hope they beat City.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Thank god, International weekends are dreadful.

Not sure what result I want in City Arsenal. A draw, probably. And 3 injuries and red cards for each side.
But Pool will prob drop points to Brighton anyway

Latest posts

Top Bottom