Prunce Face why are the coo gone ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Any idea why Hong Kong are deleted on some Prune Face Figures ? when there are none Prune Face figures with a coo from Hong Kong :unsure:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
The original moulds for Prune Face for both Kader and Smile would have initially said HONG KONG on them. Some of the moulds will have a complete smooth deletion of the Country of Origin (CoO) and others will have remnants of the letters visible where the filler will not have been applied effectively or broken straight away.

The moulds would have been created at a certain timeframe in the Jedi era where the CoO stamp was still required in order to fall inline with Kenner policy to stamp the date and CoO (like all previous figure moulds).

Then new directive came in during the late ROTJ era, on or around the 77 back cards, that meant the CoO was no longer deemed necessary.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
The original moulds for Prune Face for both Kader and Smile would have initially said HONG KONG on them. Some of the moulds will have a complete smooth deletion of the Country of Origin (CoO) and others will have remnants of the letters visible where the filler will not have been applied effectively or broken straight away.

The moulds would have been created at a certain timeframe in the Jedi era where the CoO stamp was still required in order to fall inline with Kenner policy to stamp the date and CoO (like all previous figure moulds).

Then new directive came in during the late ROTJ era, on or around the 77 back cards, that meant the CoO was no longer deemed necessary.
Thanks I did not know that (y)

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
I used to own a pruneface with a hongkong coo it was classed as a pre production piece …. Really regret letting that on go.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Thanks, so first shot was made with hong kong coo :oops:
Thanks, so first shot was made with hong kong coo :oops: (y)

Thanks, so first shot was made with hong kong coo :oops: (y)
You're quite right to highlight this. These are probably incorrectly labelled first shot on the website, as first shots do not have the date and coo details. They are more likely test shots but still a great pre-production piece in this case showing What prune face looked like before the Hong Kong was removed.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I used to own a pruneface with a hongkong coo it was classed as a pre production piece …. Really regret letting that on go.
Yes, I would like to own a historical piece like that. But alas I can't justify the prices for something like that even though as I understand it some of these pieces were reasonably priced for pre-production items.

Latest posts

Top Bottom