RS policy change banning sale of repro and TT

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
RS policy change bans sale of repro boxes or toys plus appears to ban the sale of TTs too.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1118018

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Add reseals into the bucket too. I think it would make sense to have the same policy across all 3 forums.

Cheers Jason

sith-smith

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
Add reseals into the bucket too. I think it would make sense to have the same policy across all 3 forums.

Cheers Jason

I agree that it makes sense for all forums to have the same policy, but considering that there are lots of collectors, including some on here, who collect reseals, is it right to ban those along with repros and TT?

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
I dont think reseals belong in the same group as repro stuff.

I know budget collectors that collect them because they display like a moc, but are almost as cheap as the mint loose figure + Card.

I personally don't collect them, but i have nothing against them as long as they are created to try to fool someone.

I rather see no trading/selling U-graded figures added to the line.

PGowdy

Grand Master
sith-smith said:
mr_palitoy said:

Cheers Jason

I agree that it makes sense for all forums to have the same policy, but considering that there are lots of collectors, including some on here, who collect reseals, is it right to ban those along with repros and TT?

Agreed. No need at all to ban reseals.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
mumbo said:
Great news, will SWFUK follow......................

Well this was the first forum to adopt the banners, so what do you think? :lol: We're just ironing out the details at the moment and will update the rules once decided.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
mr_palitoy said:

Cheers Jason

Agreed

Reseals are collected as just that,they are not faked or anything. TT figures are fake, no matter what. At least with a cut bubble reseal you get original card,bubble and glue on the card :) The same cannot be said about TT figures. We dont even know if bubbles are correct, and in some cases repro weapons could have been used.

I think its a great step in the right direction :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Reseals have been a part of the hobby as long as I can remember (in fact in the mid 90s I made a tri-logo Anakin one using the bubble from a hole punch!) so I don't have any malice towards them. But I can see where the lines becomes grey with ones such as the 21 back Fett that was recently refused by AFA which fooled the buyer. They need to be 'obvious' reseals IMO to not be dodgy.

sith-smith

Grand Master
True

TT are techincally reseals in some sense...though 100% designed and sold to fool the buyer :evil:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Rebelscum have banned reseals given the wording in the rules section. Personally I would see the sale
of both reseals and Tonis on here given full disclosure. But then that makes the ruling different to
reblscum which would cause confusion.

Jason

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Great news!

I dont believe reseals should come under the same bracket. They are totally different. If a resealed Palitoy 30 Back Fett came up for example why would you ban that?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I agree ban sales of repro boxes or toys plus TT. I know the TT and resealed is the same. But I think a resealed would be ok if it not a TT.

I hope custom made stuff is still ok :D

walkie

Sith Lord
Reseals and TT and a totally different things. Reseals are usually put together by honest collectors as a low cost option instead of buying expensive MOC's where as TT's where made to deceive and con people.

itfciain

Grand Master
In my opinion banning reseals is wrong - as Stef says, they are often genuinly put together as a cheap alternative. For me if you are declaring a re-seal then there is nothing wronf with that at all. If you aren't declaring it then it should be banned - but how will people know if you don't declare it !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom