Some recent Palitoy sales

Palifan

Sith Lord
I know the land of the Jawas set goes for a bit but is this a little high?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-LAND-OF-THE-JAWAS-PLAYSET-BOXED-PALITOY-/251800981160?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item3aa0820ea8&nma=true&si=toktIvav0Rbo2au4RJ%252BM%252FY7PSAs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Also looks like X-Wings are on the rise -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-X-WING-FIGHTER-BOXED-PALITOY-/251800963290?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item3aa081c8da&nma=true&si=toktIvav0Rbo2au4RJ%252BM%252FY7PSAs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And lastly I thought this tied in nicely to the recent Replicator thread -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-LANDSPEEDER-BOXED-PALITOY-/251800998839?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item3aa08253b7&nma=true&si=toktIvav0Rbo2au4RJ%252BM%252FY7PSAs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And who says you can't find an original box at a decent price?

Ian

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Its getting harder and harder to find a nice boxed land of the jawas and I was watching that one...a little over the top on price...but not surprised.

The Palitoy x-wings seem to be rising for sure...glad I own a boxed one already

and yes...great price on a boxed landspeer for sure. :D

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Haha! I got that Land of the Jawas! :oops:

This has been the first one I've seen in decent condition in 2 years of re-collecting and was absolutely determined to get it and even sold some of my Popys to raise the funds for it. It's a piece I wanted right from the outset.

Yep, it's a bit more than I wanted to pay, I was expecting around £250 to be honest but I think I might be waiting another 2 years for another one.

The last one on ebay went for about £150 a few weeks ago but it was shagged, and not in a good way.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Sometimes you have to go for broke to secure the pieces you're after, I've done the same thing more than once. :roll:

Great to see that it went to someone on here and it is is great shape. looking forward to seeing some pictures of it on here and well done again on bagging it in your collection. :D

Ian

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Nice score on the Palitoy Land Of The Jawas (was watching it too!). Shame it doesn't have the instruction sheet but the box and the cardboard sandcrawler look in REALLY nice condition so I think the price was understandable. I notice the price sticker on the box looks to have scribble on it - im definitely not going to kick the other thread about removing price stickers back to life again and dont tell finestcomics but if I were you I'd be reaching for the lighter fluid! :D

The X-Wing on the other hand selling for north of £200... not such a bargain. Heavy rip in the box and the cockpit is definitely not Palitoy original (not even sure it's vintage!).

The same seller had an opened Falcon at £500 starting price and I thought no chance... but it sold too!

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I've seen many more boxed Palitoy Death Stars than I have Palitoy LotJ.

This one was loose and missing practically everything and sold for £50:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-RARE-VINTAGE-LAND-OF-THE-JAWAS-UK-EXCLUSIVE-CARDBOARD-SET-/171644980439?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=mtd8yvubWjo1m%252Bvv3SBgOfwAGqE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I agree it was a high price, it could be the new benchmark price for this piece in this condition. We'll only see once another one comes onto the market.

I believe Walkie had an instruction sheet for this set for sale not long ago but it's sold so I'm hopeful I can find one to complete the piece :)

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
I have a nice Complete LOTJ I picked up from SpaceJunkToys a few years back. Think I paid £175.

Nice score though mate. Thats looks like a nice example 8)

kingshearer

Jedi Master
I bagged my LOTJ keeper about 8 years ago and it was around £100 and picked up locally. So I think the price you payed for that great example is about right. Could see then selling for £500 in a few years since they're so hard to find in c8 and above boxes.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well it seems like the LOTJ set doesn't come up that often but I'm not so sure that this one is quite as rare

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-vintage-Droid-Factory-complete-in-box-Palitoy-/151563402169?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item2349e1fbb9&nma=true&si=toktIvav0Rbo2au4RJ%252BM%252FY7PSAs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

:eek:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Well it seems like the LOTJ set doesn't come up that often but I'm not so sure that this one is quite as rare

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-vintage-Droid-Factory-complete-in-box-Palitoy-/151563402169?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item2349e1fbb9&nma=true&si=toktIvav0Rbo2au4RJ%252BM%252FY7PSAs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That is insane :shock: As far as condition not bad...and the tan base is the harder one to find................but no way even worth close to that amount.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
tiefighterboy said:
Palifan said:

That is insane :shock: As far as condition not bad…and the tan base is the harder one to find….............but no way even worth close to that amount.
Yes the seller must be pinching himself.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I was in for that set too but it went way beyond what even I was willing to pay!!! :D

As I sat watching the news last night, featuring Craig's pali Fett going for £18k I realised everyone and his brother will be doing ebay searches for palitoy now and I think that auction may have helped push this one that little bit further than my LotJ.

It was a nice set and as mentioned, the yellow base is harder to find but even complete it's £250 tops on a good day. I've seen several Palitoy Droid Factories recently and I'd say it's rare but not as rare as the cantina or LotJ.

Palifan

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
I was in for that set too but it went way beyond what even I was willing to pay!!! :D

As I sat watching the news last night, featuring Craig's pali Fett going for £18k I realised everyone and his brother will be doing ebay searches for palitoy now and I think that auction may have helped push this one that little bit further than my LotJ.

It was a nice set and as mentioned, the yellow base is harder to find but even complete it's £250 tops on a good day. I've seen several Palitoy Droid Factories recently and I'd say it's rare but not as rare as the cantina or LotJ.

Well I'm in total agreement with you on all the above. Probably worth holding off buying for a bit until peoples memories fade a little. It is a nice set though but no where near worth that amount. Still, if it makes someone happy then the cost may not matter, sometimes it's just about knocking one off of your wants list. It also looks like the LOTJ set might end up being a bargain in the end.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I've noticed Palitoy stuff really gather momentum recently, and Craig's Fett has but it to the fore.

You're dead right, I'm holding off on the purchases at the moment. Can't keep stumping up that kind of dough for pieces, even ones that I really want.

And yes, the purchaser got a good piece and like me, if he's willing to pay that and live with it then it's all good, hat's off to them.

Will be interesting to see how more of these items will fair in sales, keep'em peeled! ;)

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
More evidence of prices shooting up for certain pieces, and this was just the box, and not a mint one at that!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Palitoy-Cantina-Playset-BOX-ONLY-Original-Vintage-Star-Wars-MIB-/131416254062?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=mtd8yvubWjo1m%252Bvv3SBgOfwAGqE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom