Star Wars Palitoy 12 back collection

fett1972

Padawan
After starting my quest to acquire a set of high grade in May 2014, today thanks to Nick (hothrebel) my mission was completed. Before I go any further I just want to say this was my first direct transaction with a forum member and Nick is a great, great bloke.

When I started my quest my goal was to acquire an AFA 85 graded Palitoy set as a result of being inspired by members collection on this forum. I would also like to add reading posts on this site by forum members proved invaluable (particularly by Mr Palitoy and Sith Smith). My first 2 purchases were from ebay and were an afa 85 graded stormtrooper and Tusken Raider. Fortunately the seller also had AFA graded 85 Luke, Vader, and R2 which I also purchased. I was overjoyed to get one of the hardest to obtain figures so early and this gave me hope that I may complete my quest. The seller also had an afa75 Chewbacca available but with reluctance I passed. I wondered if I had done the right thing.

Several months and a house move passed before I made my next purchase, an AFA 85 C3PO and death squad commando, both off ebay. Next up I was presented with an opportunity to purchase a high quality Chewbacca and Han Solo. Finally I was within touching distance of completing my set. Next I obtained a Jawa, and today I collected Obi Wan from Nick and obtained a Leia.

It has taken just over 10 months and I have been very fortunate to be in the right place at the right time. For anyone interested during the 10 months I genuinely had the opportunity to purchase good quality 4 Chewbacca's, 5 Luke's, 2 Hans, 2 Bens, 3 Leia's 2 Jawa's, 3 R2's, 5/6 Tusken Raiders and Stormtroopers, 3 c3po, death squad commando and 1 vader. This list does not include auction house sales such as Vectis.

I am really happy to have achieved my quest and I think I will take a few months off before looking for my next challenge.

Palifan

Sith Lord
That's an amazing achievement in under a year and just goes to show that a high quality set can be put together even in today's market ( although financially I'm sure it's not for the faint-hearted).

A massive congrats goes out to you for pulling this off and also standing firm on the quality you were after. It's so easy to except what ever's on offer at the time just to put any set together but it takes real will power to hold out for just the right one.

Can't wait to see the set up on the showcase section. :D

Ian

fett1972

Padawan
Thanks for the compliment Palifan. To be honest I never thought I would achieve it in the timeframe I did. 4 of the figures are ungraded but I am confident they would grade 85 and although I had hoped to obtain all figures graded to 85 I quickly realised this would not be possible.

The Palitoy card back brings back so many happy childhood memories. Will do a showcase asap

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
Glad to help and it was nice to meet you and swap a few stories.Congrats on finishing your set and look forward to seeing them altogether in the showcase thread.
Cheers mate I am sure we will meet again.
Nick

fett1972

Padawan
Hi Nick

Purchasing the Ben today in person and sharing collecting stories from the 90's was a special way to finish the set. Looking forward to hopefully many future trades with yourself.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Wow many congrats on obtaining such a high condition set in such a short time :shock:
It took me a year and a half to get the full 12&20 set in top condition. Am really looking forward to the showcase 8)

benny100

Sith Lord
Well done, great run to put together and good to know there's plenty out there if you have the finances to put a run together. Are you moving on to the 21's next?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom