Star Wars Tazos

attack-hands

Youngling

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Those complete tazos sets are worth very little unfortunately. BIN for £5 or less all day long. One recently sold for the opening bid of £0.99.

:eek:

Jason

subzero

Sith Lord
Personally I reckon you should keep the Tazo collection, you might regret selling them later on for such little money. I still have my full Tazo set in the cupboard somewhere and i'm glad it never got sold as it's really nice to look at once in a while when it happens to get pulled back out.

I'd say there'd be a lot more sentimental value in them than anything else. But this is all of course just my personal opinion/view :)

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I would have to agree i have an attachment to my tazo collection. I remember every Friday after work i would go to the local coop and buy the six packs of Doritos and spend the evening eating them with whatever vhs i had rented from blockbuster.

I must have eaten hundreds of packs to get them all.

subzero

Sith Lord
Stubbs said:
I would have to agree i have an attachment to my tazo collection. I remember every Friday after work i would go to the local coop and buy the six packs of Doritos and spend the evening eating them with whatever vhs i had rented from blockbuster.

I must have eaten hundreds of packs to get them all.

Haha I remember doing similar as a kid, i'd run to the shop with my pocket money and buy about 10 bags of walkers then empty the entire lot into a large plastic bowl, I didn't even actually want the crisps :lol:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I was in my first job when Tazos came out and everyone was collecting at work. Some work colleague I didnt know from another dept came up to my desk and outright accused me of robbing his from his desk. Happy days.

:)

Jason

subzero

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
I was in my first job when Tazos came out and everyone was collecting at work. Some work colleague I didnt know from another dept came up to my desk and outright accused me of robbing his from his desk. Happy days.

Jason

Lmao, was this work or school? :lol:

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
mr_palitoy said:

Jason

Haha give me back my number 38 tazo or you and me in the car park.

I would have died from laughing .

Hopefully he didn't say this

attack-hands

Youngling
I remember it was all a big scam to get us to eat Doritos - you could only get the Special Edition Tazos with them - I remember having to work my way through those awful blue bagged ones to get a tazo of the Bwings.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
attack-hands said:
I remember it was all a big scam to get us to eat Doritos - you could only get the Special Edition Tazos with them - I remember having to work my way through those awful blue bagged ones to get a tazo of the Bwings.

Ah yes, Doritos. I remember those. The poor mans crisp.

Jason

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I wish I hadn't sold my Tazos; I got a fair few of them from my mate's sister which brings back very happy memories! :D :wink:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
attack-hands said:

Ah yes, Doritos. I remember those. The poor mans crisp.

Jason

And the foul stained orange fingers you got from them.

stormcab

Sith Lord
I worked in a pub when Tazos came in bags of Walkers. People would leave the empty/half empty bag on tables complete with Tazo. Never once had to buy a bag. Whole set for free. Even went one better. 2 of the bar staff smoked, so I would collect tokens left in empty cigarette packets for them, and they'd collect the Tazos for me. Took about a week to get the whole set :D

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I collected the star wars ones and the looney tunes one and didn't eat crisps for about a 2 years after all that

for some reason I remember the tazmanian devil ones being a pain in the arse to get

subzero

Sith Lord
stormcab said:
I worked in a pub when Tazos came in bags of Walkers. People would leave the empty/half empty bag on tables complete with Tazo. Never once had to buy a bag. Whole set for free. Even went one better. 2 of the bar staff smoked, so I would collect tokens left in empty cigarette packets for them, and they'd collect the Tazos for me. Took about a week to get the whole set :D

Score haha! no need to eat 100+ bags of crisps.

Just had a flashback of me collecting those cigarette token things which i'd completely forgotten about, they were little slips of card with a number on them, I used to always find them on the floor outside the shops around my area and I ended up with a stack of them. I was fascinated with them and didn't smoke, I was like 8 years old :lol: .. before then I even went through a phase of collecting used bus tickets and had an empty drawer stuffed with them, I was weird :lol: a collector by nature.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
One of my childhood mates collected every Tazo that was released in the UK in the 90's. I never completed the Star Wars run and he always took the piss out of me saying I couldn't be a true Star Wars collector if I didn't have the complete run of Star Wars Tazos.

Then one day out of the blue he decides to give me his Star Wars Tazo collection, because he's having a clear out. :)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I was at uni in Nottingham at the time and Doritos became my staple diet for 6 months (I got sick of pickled onion monster munch!) and because you were buying so many packets as well as beer you couldn't afford anything else to eat! Got the whole collection there and then though and it's still under my bed. Like you say so many fond memories. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom