SW Force Awakens Trailler wil premier Friday (November 28)

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Its coming......

I was well excited this morning. Tried to hype up the rest of my family...their response was muted to say the least

BadMotivator

Jedi Knight
I've actually found myself well excited about this! Periodically refreshing iTunes, not much work getting done.
Rumour has it it'll be up at 3:15...

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
The real deal mate. The Falcon, Stormtroopers and Light sabres...the lot! 8)

every man and his dog probably trying to watch it.

mumbo

Sith Lord
Not overly impressed at all :( where were Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie etc.... I did see a droid playing football though :roll: Stormies did look cool as did the new lightsaber otherwise underwhelming.

Going to need more than that for the next snippet.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Oooh.

Hard to get a sense of much from that snippet, but what was there worked. The music, troopers, mysterious voiceover and a sinister looking new lightsaber. Lovely X-Wing shot and topped off with the moment we have all been waiting for... The Falcon..... mmmmmm

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Falcons got a new raydar dish! Didnt like the new lightsaber as it looked a bit gimicky. Like the have tp come up with a new style for every new film. And the ball robot looked a bit prequely. Everything else looked good mind!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Love it- everything looks perfect IMHO. Remember it's only a teaser- the film is over a year away. Would've liked to have seen the old guard, but they clearly just wanted to introduce the main newbies (John Boyega and Daisy Ridley), whilst leaving us with a very brief tease of the old eg Falcon. Can't wait for the full trailer- we'll see everyone then ;)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
It was always going to be a teaser, and never enough,

Looked good, X Wings looked ace, not sure on the light sabre .....then BANG 8) 8) Cue Music...cue Falcon...oh yes!
Got to admit hairs stood up on the back of my neck at that point 8) 8)

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
starshipriot said:
Falcons got a new raydar dish! Didnt like the new lightsaber as it looked a bit gimicky. Like the have tp come up with a new style for every new film. And the ball robot looked a bit prequely. Everything else looked good mind!

Totally agree mate - I know it was only a teaser trailer but JJ has made such a big thing about physical props instead of CGI so I was a little disappointed. Saying that the X Wings over the water looked pretty damn amazing and when you see the Falcon dodging TIE's you can't help but love it.

Gimicky saber was a proper "oh no" moment though :(

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
I loved it to ****....so excited to watch it

A couple of things though
The lightsabre with the hilt was so reminiscent of Darth Maul on the Phantom Menace trailer and not needed IMO. Plus that rolling astromech droid left me very concerned.

TC-14

Sith Lord
I was working the afternoon shift today, so I was frantically refreshing the iPhone when I should have been looking busy. When the trailer finally appeared, after viewing on the tiny screen in a quiet part of the warehouse with unbridled enthusiasm; I was left feeling a little disappointed... but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Now that my working day is over and I've played the trailer more than a number of times through the TV at home, I'm pleased to report that balance has been restored.

I realised the niggling thing was that the voice-over sounded like the chap from the dodgy Denim aftershave ad from the 70s through those tinny phone speakers. Kind of made a mockery of the whole caboodle, for me. I like to laugh at Star Wars in the appropriate places... but not snigger. Now, through a decent set of woofers and tweeters I realise he sounds nothing like (alright, maybe just a little bit), and I can actually hear John Williams' new score... makes all the difference. And I could only see the one lens-flare.

Really looking forward to the next expanded trailer. And the restyled Stormtroopers really look the business. I'm in a buoyant mood for the new film. Roll on December 2015.

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
I loved every bit of it. Event the new look lightsaber, I thought it looked very sinister.

I even loved the rolling astromech droid with its cheeky glance at the camera, made me chuckle..,very R2 D2 esq!

And don't get me started on the X-Wings and the Falcon...way to exciting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom