SWF - Chat Zone - Just click the link to enter

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Jedi83 said:
Yep it dose not seem to display correctly for me also. The majority of the right hand side is not visable.

I am running IE 6,
I downloaded the latest version of Java and Adobe Flash, but with no change,
Tried it with IE 7 and Firefox 3.4.6, but again no change.

Any ideas?

Its works for me on IE8 and Firefox 3.5

Jedi83

Padawan
Ok I have fixed mine now. This is what I did.

1) Downloaded the latest version of Fire Fox 3.0
2) Browsed to the starwars blog http://starwarsforumukchatzone.blogspot.com/ using Fire Fox as your Explorer
3) It advised me that I needed to Install an Adobe Flash plugin which was visable on the blog as an Icon
4) Click on the plugin Icon and Install. It will advise that Fire Fox needs to be closed to Install the plugin, so close Fire Fox down.

Hope this helps.

burnsy

Sith Lord
Lads, it has been very quiet recently. Some of us have ben chatting on MSN, please supply your details
so we can catch up over there.

Stu

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Tank1252 said:
I think we've given up on this....msn instead joshy.

Quite a few still use it i was chatting to josh last night.

If you look at the bottom of the site you can see who is logged in so if you fire them a quick PM to see if they wanna pop into chat and your off. I use MSN as well but don't have everyone's Addy's.

Josh

Sith Lord
I sent you a MSN invite this morning Jay also
I am happy to do both though!
The MSN has slowed my computer down though since installing it the other day :(

Tank1252

Jedi Master
Inbed it at the top of the board index page. Don't think it's too hard to do (i'm not a tech-head so i'm not sure). Plenty of other sites do it. Maybe someone like Plantman would know how to??

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Tank1252 said:
Inbed it at the top of the board index page. Don't think it's too hard to do (i'm not a tech-head so i'm not sure). Plenty of other sites do it. Maybe someone like Plantman would know how to??

Its not as easy as you think it certainly not copy and paste anyway.

The only person who could really do it would be Edd who owns the site. The other factor is this is a phpBB powered forum which has a defined template structure plus before you joined Edd had spent some time upgrading the forum template to the current premium one you use today.

The only other option is if people don't like clicking a link to a new webpage then it may be possible to code / imbed the chat function into my first post of this thread (Ill try this later). This still doesn't change the fact that to use flash chat facilities on the internet you need to be running up to date browsers with the latest plug in's. That would be the same for premium chat facilitates that somebody would have to pony up the cash for and they essentially do the same thing anyway.

Joe

Grand Master
What's all the fuss about its the same as joining the swca chat, click the link type in your name and you are in LOL

I am in there now!

slim

Sith Lord
admin would be the only one who could do it but it depends on the package he bought at that time ....it would make it very handy indeed..its just an observation that i think would help :wink:

slim

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
whiteskinnydroid said:
What's all the fuss about its the same as joining the swca chat, click the link type in your name and you are in LOL

I am in there now!

I dont know Joe?

Just bookmark the chat page and you don't even need to click the link.

Ill see you in there in 1 min

slim

Sith Lord
this place runs on a php database ? i think you would have to add new tables to it ..but then maybe they dont have this option available

slim

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom