SWFUK Brighton Tour

MarkG

Jedi Master
I live literally a 10min walk from Toni... he's defo not in the main town area.

I got my tickets for Sunday... so if anyone is about.. look out for the Palitoy tshirt.. :D

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
mr_palitoy said:
Tonis gaff appears to be just off the main road from the station down to the beachfront...

:p

Jason

Jason, his house is twenty five minutes walk in the wrong direction from Brighton station. Snoopers is not really on the way to the seafront but can be. It's not his though. He occupies about three square foot in a massive flea market with about 200 other stalls.

If you do come, walk through the north Laine. What time are you getting there. This thread seems to have died a death but I have a pass for the afternoon/evening and will pop down on the train for a beer and chat if you fancy it and want to stick around in the evening for a bit.

Have red wine head right now so my eta is around midday. Would be great to see you.

Cheers Jason

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Had a great time at Brighton Comic Con yesterday. It was my first event of this kind, was a good laugh. There were some good costumes going on and plenty to see. The stalls were ok.. bit of a mixture of toys, clothes, comics, art, autographs , books and all sorts of ****. Was a couple of cool retro gaming stalls and a couple of replica sword stalls which I enjoyed. I was hoping for a bit more vintage(Star Wars) and props. They were quite thin on the ground. There were some other vintage lines on sale here and there. I did find one guy selling some vintage upstairs, I bought a Leia Boushh Moc. The few stalls I did see selling loose vintage were taking the piss, a guy wanted 275 quid for a blue snag! :eek: Didn't see any forum bods I recognized, saw Dave Tree. Met Kenny Baker which was cool! Met up with some mates later and went for scran in Brighton. All in all a pretty good day out, will defo do more in the future.

P1060638(2)(small).jpg

P1060640(2)(small).jpg

P1060662(2)(small).jpg

P1060643(2)(small).jpg

P1060652(2)(small).jpg

MarkG

Jedi Master
Popped down there today.. as it was a nice local one.

Nice variety of stuff for all genres, and seemed every stall had those Funko Pop figures on them !!

Saw a few stalls with loose vintage... and as pointed out, one was ridiculous on prices.

Picked up a FB Luke and Meccano Jawa MOCs from local trader Tim, and met up with some old faces I knew from years back.

Also had a good old catch up with Dave Tree.

Was a nice venue TBH... well laid out. Hopefully be back in the future.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ha ha ha I saw the Blue Snaggletooth for £275 too! Funny. Wonder if he sold it?! Good event though, not too mobbed. Saw a few Jedi's getting cash out of the TSB before the doors opened and Boba Fett nearly got blown over on the seafront. Can't beat a bit of SW Cosplay spotting.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Usetheforceluke said:
Is this gonna be in Brighton again anytime soon?

Unsure whether it'll return to Brighton or not, this was the planned London Film and Comic Con which moved to Brighton for some reason end of last year. London film and comic con is back in London this year but Showmasters may well keep a Brighton event, I suppose it depends whether it was well supported and worthwhile for them.

Usetheforceluke

Padawan
Ah I see. Hope so. I'd imagine the London one was bigger and better. Did either event have a good selection of vintage figures for sale??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom