The Empire Strikes Back Poster, Japanese Import? ID?

AnimangaCOUK

Hi there new poster here, thanks for letting me join. I import lots of Anime/manga Shop Promo poster from Japan, and whilst i have good knowledge of that genre i received this poster in a bulk buy lot from a Japanese collector of Anime/manga.
I have no idea if is repro or something else, its on gloss paper and measures 400mm x 595mm, the only reason I am going to the trouble of checking is that it WAS in a group of genuine Anime posters of the right age for it to be original (Mobile Suit Gundam), so any advice will be much appreciated.

cheers
IMG_20220211_143500[1].jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
welcome.
I know nothing about posters, other than I love this poster.
there are a few good poster groups on Facebook that I'm sure can help you.
please keep us updated with your findings

thejettasetta

Padawan
Sure you already know this; the image/black cropping & text at the top are the same as the Australian One Sheet, artwork by Noriyoshi Ohrai:

Here it is in the SW Poster book:
Kb8S2JPl.jpg

A7PrPrnl.jpg

Not sure about yours with the credits/text removed from the bottom? Possibly a commercial reprint, can't find any info online

AnimangaCOUK

Noriyoshi Ohrai certainly did a lot of Anime illustrations too that would tie in with the other stuff I recieved in the batch from Japan , thank you for the info, it may have been a cinema promo poster that was distributed to allow times and dates of showings to be added but a theory only at this time!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom