The LEGO Corner

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Just realised these are Lego DW and not the 'Character Bulding sets. :oops:

I have got to learn to read and stop just looking at the pictures :lol:

Nicely done Monkey 8) Bit disappointed that the Tardis' interior and exterior are not dimensionally transcendental though.

Banton989

Jedi Knight
I've got the Millenium Falcon, Sail Barge, X wing and TIE fighter wrapped up in the cupboard for my daughters Christmas :),

I know what I'm going to be doing Xmas day ;-) lol.

Adam

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
I have just bought something on the Lego website. Seeing as I had to sign up I thought I would have a look around.

Some good stuff on there, but what grabbed my attention most was the Lego Digital Designer. Sorry if all you Lego heads are already familiar with this.

http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/default.aspx?icmp=COUKCreateShareSL100LDD

Been wiling away a bot of time playing around with it, its great fun. I put this together, one of my favourite childhood sets (6677 Legoland). Not all the pieces were available (I should imagine some vintage parts have been discontinued) but I got it pretty close.

fa16f952-9de0-45b7-958d-4740844f2e2e_zps7c033a1b.png

Definitely going to be making some of my old sets with this little program. :D

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
You have to be careful with the LDD, before you know it you've lost hours and days of your life getting lost in design work. All the fun of building lego without the mess, saw fingers and cost :)

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
monkey_roo said:
You have to be careful with the LDD, before you know it you've lost hours and days of your life getting lost in design work. All the fun of building lego without the mess, saw fingers and cost :)

Your not wrong there Monkey. Time wiles away...

also its not the most stable software I have used, repeated use of the save button is recommended. :wink:

I can't find an option to order the bricks though, that would be a nice touch. Design then place your order for your custom set.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
You used to be able to order direct off the LDD using there designed by me function but the production costs were always high and they never fixed the bugs with their instruction generator. Eventually they shut the service down, real shame, I managed to design and order four models in all, all with unique boxes, instructions etc, very nice.

A few guys have worked out how to export the parts list to excel and then load it to bricklink or something like that but don't ask me how.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
monkey_roo said:
I managed to design and order four models in all, all with unique boxes, instructions etc, very nice.

Sounds awesome, especially the custom boxes. I have seen some custom Vintage Space Lego sets before with box art, some really good looking sets.

You never know they might bring it back. They might actually give us some more control over the camera one day too.

poncho

Grand Master
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/life-sized-lego-car-runs-on-air--is-unfortunately-not-for-sale-193613107.html

a lego car! crazy

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Lots of SW lego rumours and confirmed releases for 2014 out on the interweb now.
Highlights seem to be the UCS sandcrawler due for release on May 4th and the Slave 1 towards the end of the year.

The first wave of system sets are a mostly prequel based and nothing too special but the second half of the year sees some nice sounding OT sets include and updated B-wing, cantina play set and imperial Star Destroyer... Nice

Full list on brickset - http://www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?year=2014&theme=Star%20Wars

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Here is a preliminary picture of the new Mos Eisley Cantina to be released in 2014. Will be getting this set, but am somewhat disappointed that it is similar to the old set.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/cm4stest/images/b/b4/CANTINA2014.jpg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Yeah, maybe not the bet of sets but I missed the first one so am sure this will be a purchase, just waiting to hear what figures will be included, because JEK-14 certainly won't be :). I am hoping the new chewie figure, Han, Luke, sandtrooper, greedo, bar tender.
The rumor is the Sandcrawler, while being a UC set will by system scaled so will include figures, hoping for a sale of droids scene so we get jawa's, plenty of droids and Owen and Beru, that would be a nice complement to the cantina and between them and all last years Jabbas based sets will well and truly 'do Tatooine'.

With new films coming thick and fast from 2015 I get a feeling this might be last year OT and even prequel stuff gets a heavy presence

On a side note the first images of the Simpsons house came out today, 2500 pieces.... It's massive.

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
JEK-14 is for another set 75051 - it's just that the set overlaps in the preliminary pic.

Mini figs look to be Han, Luke, Greedo, Sandtrooper and two others possibly cantina band members, I would rather Ponda Baba though.

Agree about the Sandcrawler to join the Cantina, would also be nice if they did a Tuskan Raider set with a Bantha to compliment the whole Tatooine scence.

Bollux

Grand Master
I was lucky enough to get the Death Star for a Christmas present, its amazing but a menace with all of those little grey, dark grey and black pieces of plastic to sort out.

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Bollux said:
I was lucky enough to get the Death Star for a Christmas present, its amazing but a menace with all of those little grey, dark grey and black pieces of plastic to sort out.

It is a fantastic piece of kit, took me a week to build mine. Have nearly dropped it twice when moving it as it's not the lightest of sets :lol:

Congrats on getting it, the only thing I hate about it is keeping the dust at bay

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Just picked up Death Star Troopers Set - 75034 for £11.99 at TRU.

Great little set - a little overpriced IMO, but you do get 4 mini-fig's including TWO IMPERIAL GUNNERS - the only set they come in. I love the new firing guns for the Imperial Gunners, but the firing gun on the main gun is a bit pathetic. Also the Imperial Gunners have proper faces under their helmets and the faces are very detailed and each one is different - nice touch Lego 8)

Overall a set worth getting. Complements the Death Star too. :)

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
London toy fair this week and descriptions of the winter SW sets are out and about. Can't be bothered to type them up so the descriptions on fbtb.net are as good as anywhere - http://www.fbtb.net/2014/01/21/uk-london-toy-fair-2014-a-brief-report/

So what to make of these? Hard to say from a basic description but my gut reactions is mixed. Chances are the 'Rebels Show' based sets won't mean much until we see the show, but I doubt they will appeal much. On the OT front I think £35 for a snowspeeder might be a bit much. A smaller more expensive AT-AT might also be a push. I will reserve judgement on the b-Wing until I see it but £50 is a big price and I am hoping there is more than a ship in the set, a nice docking system and ground crew setup would be nice.

The cantina and the star destroyer are going to be big pulls, neither get gushing write ups but both could be solid sets, again both are described as smaller that the originals but more expensive.

As is now the case with lego themed sets a lot will ride on the MiniFigs. But overall not a single original set in the OT lineup. Having missed out on the b-wing, cantina and star destroyer the first time around I'm not too fussed.

I know I have been saying this for a while but it really does feel like the end of the road for the OT lego sets.

Let's hope the rumoured sandcrawler and slave 1 blow us away when we finally see them.

Top Bottom