The one that 'got away'

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
I sold my childhood Star Wars collection in the early nineties, not aware of any value at that time. So I guess it was sold for very less money :(

The only good thing about that was the fact that many of my childhood toys were discolored and had funny spots on them (especially the white stormies). My X-Wing had a broken canopy from the day I took it fresh out of the box and my Millennium Falcon had no pin for the training ball lever.

So there were quite a few issues about my collection and the fact that I regretted selling them gave me the opportunity to collect again :p

I let it go and I am happy with the nice collection I own at present. I even have more and different figures, vehicles and play sets than before (never had any play set anyway) 8)

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
pizzathehutt said:
A minor one for me was going to an outdoor collectables fair every year in may in hemel Hempstead in the mid 90s, one of the stalls always had a box of loose figures. I can remember pulling out an amanaman that was £1 and thinking "err idiots! why is this in here? this isn't from star wars" and throwing it back in the box :roll:

I wasn't the only one to throw the amanaman and yak face back not knowing they were sw (for pence) :shock: I was too old when the last 17 came out and in the early 90's didn't know they even existed until I saw them in a sw's collectors book some time later then really kicked myself :)

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
bosk70 said:
pizzathehutt said:
A minor one for me was going to an outdoor collectables fair every year in may in hemel Hempstead in the mid 90s, one of the stalls always had a box of loose figures. I can remember pulling out an amanaman that was £1 and thinking "err idiots! why is this in here? this isn't from star wars" and throwing it back in the box :roll:

I wasn't the only one to throw the amanaman and yak face back not knowing they were sw (for pence) :shock: I was too old when the last 17 came out and in the early 90's didn't know they even existed until I saw them in a sw's collectors book some time later then really kicked myself :)

At the time all I had to go by was a weequay card back which had two blacked out figures so I knew there were some to look out for. I managed to work out anakin and lando general from finding those at carboot sales but I would've thrown the likes of barada yak and amanaman back.
I did always have in my mind I wonder if they have made ev-9d9 and imperial dig so would've picked those up if I had seen them but obviously didn't

Johnny_Fett

Youngling
x-pack said:
A shop called Nightingales in Chorley had shelves full of old shop stock well into the mid nineties. I bought loads of brand new mini rigs, couple of speeder bikes and a few plush ewoks. But that was the tip of the iceberg of what they had.

I should have bought the lot as it was just at the old shop prices. Not marked up at all. In fact I should have asked what they had in the back and could they get any more. Just didn't think like that back then.
Same kind of thing, an oldie worldie toy shop in Buxton called McDonalds still had old stock for sale in the early to mid 90s, of course being around 8 or 9 at the time it would have never come to me to buy them and keep them tucked away, I seem to recall buying some but they did get ripped straight out of the card and played with.
It was only recently talking to a mate that we realised we'd both seen them and bought some and that we weren't imagining things, I guess they'd have been tri logos but at that age it's hard to remember.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom