Toy of the week 2, Week 1, 2024, Imperial Gunner

What do you think about this figure ?

• I hate the figure, it should never have been made

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Here are my collection of Imperial gunners. Only a little bit have changed since the last time we did toy of the week, I got 2 more cardbacks from danish childhood lots and then I have also checked my black blasters and learned that I only have 2 imperial gunner blasters after I have checked the variants of my blasters :ROFLMAO: I had hoped I could add some more black blasters from my a-wing pilots but funny they were all added with the correct blasters :oops: So now I only need 14 black imperial Gunner blasters :ROFLMAO: I am sure that I will never get them all and there are for sure much better things I would love to add to my collection than use my money on more expensive black blasters.

Here are my Tri-logo Imperial Gunner moc.

20240521_141908.jpg

Tri-logo cardback with danish price sticker on it from the danish toy stores BR. The Price Sticker are called on english Star Offer, that is why the sticker looks like a star. This price sticker was only used in all BR toy stores in the christmas of 1985.

20240521_142040.jpg

Another Tri-logo cardback I got that from a danish childhood collection.

20240521_142112.jpg

My POTF cardback

20240521_142136.jpg

My Imperial gunner potf coin.

aa.jpg

and my 16 imperial gunners and 2 imperial gunner blasters. But then again what do they need a blaster for when they fire with a death star gun :ROFLMAO:

20240521_142415.jpg

Attachments

• 20240521_142040.jpg
    20240521_142040.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 6

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Here are my collection of Imperial gunners. Only a little bit have changed since the last time we did toy of the week, I got 2 more cardbacks from danish childhood lots and then I have also checked my black blasters and learned that I only have 2 imperial gunner blasters after I have checked the variants of my blasters :ROFLMAO: I had hoped I could add some more black blasters from my a-wing pilots but funny they were all added with the correct blasters :oops: So now I only need 14 black imperial Gunner blasters :ROFLMAO: I am sure that I will never get them all and there are for sure much better things I would love to add to my collection than use my money on more expensive black blasters.

View attachment 189115

Tri-logo cardback with danish price sticker on it from the danish toy stores BR. The Price Sticker are called on english Star Offer, that is why the sticker looks like a star. This price sticker was only used in all BR toy stores in the christmas of 1985.

View attachment 189117

View attachment 189118

My POTF cardback

View attachment 189121

View attachment 189119

and my 16 imperial gunners and 2 imperial gunner blasters. But then again what do they need a blaster for when they fire with a death star gun :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 189120
Brilliant collection Lars

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter

My POTF cardback

Excellent stuff Lars!... And I agree, there are better things to spend your money on than buying 14 black blasters! :ROFLMAO:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Excellent stuff Lars!... And I agree, there are better things to spend your money on than buying 14 black blasters! :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the kind words. Yes there are for sure better things to spend money on. I was also not planning to get so many of them in the beginning. But 15 out of 16 comes from lots that I have bought and I thought why not keep them and army build on them when I find them in lots. But as you can see most of the time the blaster was missing in the lots.

About the tri-logo cardbacks. All 3 tri-logo look the same to me. Do you know about if there are any tri-logo imperial gunner cardback variants ? or are there only this one ? I have read something about that there could be some with diffrent bubbles. But are there any with diffrent punch holes or harder or less harder coardboard ? or do you only know about the variant I have ? :unsure:

Hod10

Padawan
Kenner made the figure cooler than the on-screen character by adding a red visor. They also ditched the big imperial emblem from the front of the helmet. It's a nice looking figure but maybe not accurate enough for me.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks for the kind words. Yes there are for sure better things to spend money on. I was also not planning to get so many of them in the beginning. But 15 out of 16 comes from lots that I have bought and I thought why not keep them and army build on them when I find them in lots. But as you can see most of the time the blaster was missing in the lots.

About the tri-logo cardbacks. All 3 tri-logo look the same to me. Do you know about if there are any tri-logo imperial gunner cardback variants ? or are there only this one ? I have read something about that there could be some with diffrent bubbles. But are there any with diffrent punch holes or harder or less harder coardboard ? or do you only know about the variant I have ? :unsure:
Sorry, I'm not aware of any T-L cardback variants. That doesn't mean there aren't any, just that I am not aware of them. Cardback variants are not really my area of expertise (if I even have one! :ROFLMAO:).

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Kenner made the figure cooler than the on-screen character by adding a red visor. They also ditched the big imperial emblem from the front of the helmet. It's a nice looking figure but maybe not accurate enough for me.

I agree kenner made it more cooler with the red visor (y)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Sorry, I'm not aware of any T-L cardback variants. That doesn't mean there aren't any, just that I am not aware of them. Cardback variants are not really my area of expertise (if I even have one! :ROFLMAO:).
Thanks for trying ;) I guess they are all palitoy tri-logo cardbacks :unsure:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
15 members have voted so far, looks like there are a lot of love for the imperial gunner, thanks guys for the votes and support ;) (y)

If you have not shared your imperial gunner stuff, then please share pictures with us in this thread (y)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
15 members voted for the figure. 10 thinks it is fantastic and 5 thinks it is okay. Nobody hates it ;) thanks for the support and all the votes (y)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
nice figure it looks mint. Have you checked it for the correct black blaster ?

That potf moc looks awesome with the coin and the figure on it. What blaster are it packed with on the moc ? the smile or the kader blaster ?
Hi Lars,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

My loose one has the correct Kader blaster, as does my POTF carded example:

Imperial Gunner - 01.jpg

Imperial Gunner - 02.jpg

Imperial Gunner - 03.jpg

Imperial Gunner - 04.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi Lars,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

My loose one has the correct Kader blaster, as does my POTF carded example:
Thanks for the post and all the great pictures (y) On the new pictures of your imperial gunner it looks very mint, it looks like it has just been removed from a moc and put on display :cool:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
There are multiple coos to collect if you're that way inclined. Check out the recent POTF update on Variant Villain.

Great to see you posting in the thread, thanks (y) I have them all 4, I found them years ago. Great to see that there are added potf coo variants. I remember years ago, some people though I was crazy when I was talking about coo variants for potf figures :ROFLMAO: maybe there are a 5th out there :unsure:

If you have any imperial gunners in your collection, then you are welcome to share them with us in the thread ;)

Top Bottom