tv crew inside old palitoy factory today!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Really interesting and well done. Great to have short interviews with some former employees. There was clearly no love for GM.

I take it all those lovely, lovely 30 backs were Vectis'?

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Brilliant! Nice to see my mate Andy Whitehurst (Stormtrooper73) being interviewed at the beginning.

Some great shots of the factory process and that kid flicking through that rack of Jedi figures bought back some memories :)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:
Brilliant! Nice to see my mate Andy Whitehurst (Stormtrooper73) being interviewed at the beginning.

Some great shots of the factory process and that kid flicking through that rack of Jedi figures bought back some memories :)

I was shouting "don't put it back!!!" at the TV when he replaced the Leia Organa on the peg. Where as my wife had her suspicions before, she now knows I've lost it.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
That was great to watch (is it possible to download to keep for posterity or will it disappear from iPlayer in a few weeks?).

I have a Palitoy AT-AT and its packaged with two cardboard inserts. The top insert is a lighter shade of cardboard from the bottom insert, and i've always believed its genuine (you handle enough of these things you start to get a good feel for what has age and what doesn't) but I thought it was odd that they were different and haven't been able to find any NRFB pics online to back my belief up.

But at 24 mins on that clip you see a Palitoy AT-AT being packaged and there it is! The light coloured top insert! Marvellous!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yeah, I noticed that too. Light coloured to the point of being white, it looked to me.

Unfortunately whether you download the program to your computer or watch on the website it will disappear after 30 days. There are a few programs which will capture whatever is playing on your screen, though, and there are others that can remove the DRM (Digital Rights Management?) from media. This is obviously naughty and should not be condoned.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
What a great show! Some footage I haven't seen before, and some I had seen before but in much better quality. Wish it was longer!

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Some archive film footage I've not seen before, brought back memories of being twelve again on my birthday bulk buying empire figs at the local toy shop, " wings and wheels", they must have had some Star Wars cards at the time, Palitoy power droid and Kenner sand person. Still have the cards but the name plates are long gone for mail-aways and figs ripped off before I even got home....happy days :D :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Fantastic show :D , really enjoyed watching that and here's a you tube link in case someone needs it -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-qOtAr35xw

Ian

spoons

Grand Master
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
That was great to watch (is it possible to download to keep for posterity or will it disappear from iPlayer in a few weeks?).

I have a Palitoy AT-AT and its packaged with two cardboard inserts. The top insert is a lighter shade of cardboard from the bottom insert, and i've always believed its genuine (you handle enough of these things you start to get a good feel for what has age and what doesn't) but I thought it was odd that they were different and haven't been able to find any NRFB pics online to back my belief up.

But at 24 mins on that clip you see a Palitoy AT-AT being packaged and there it is! The light coloured top insert! Marvellous!

I used to own one with a white top insert bonsai - always believed it was genuine

atat1.jpg

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Palifan said:
tiefighterboy said:
Only available for viewing in the UK....................**** me. :twisted:

Click on the you tube link I posted above :wink:

Ian

Thanks...that worked. I would love to get the autographs of all those old Palitoy workers. Wish this would have been longer.

Palifan

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
Palifan said:
tiefighterboy said:
Only available for viewing in the UK....................**** me. :twisted:

Click on the you tube link I posted above :wink:

Ian

Thanks...that worked. I would love to get the autographs of all those old Palitoy workers. Wish this would have been longer.

A whole hour long show would be fantastic and it would be great if the guys on the podcast here could get an interview with one of them. I'm sure there must still be someone around who was high enough up to know exactly what went on during the whole Star Wars era there.

Here's to hoping.

Ian

spoons

Grand Master
Bob Brechin is a regular at action man shows - his autograph is an easy one Todd. If I remember I'll ask in June at the next AM meey

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
spoons said:
Bob Brechin is a regular at action man shows - his autograph is an easy one Todd. If I remember I'll ask in June at the next AM meey

Thanks. It may not seem like much, but I value these employees and designers more than some of the actors on the films.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom