U Grade FAQ

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
WHAT!!!!

Is this for real!!???

They are opening carded figures to have them resealed in a case with a letter!!???

Am i getting this wrong??

Im a bit shocked here......

I read the article but i must have missed something

Please help?

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Maybe im turning up late in the came but Just sent this to AFA ([email protected])

Dear Sir/Madam,

Congratulations on the AFA concept. I love it.

I have a massive vintage Star Wars Collection. Maybe the biggest in my country of Wales.

Here is pictures of it from Jan 2011:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1060793/

I have added £3000 since these were taking.

I love collecting.

I have just heard of the destruction of Star Wars packaging for 'U' Grades.

I would like you to know that i will have nothing to do with AFA while this practice continues. I'm sure the reasons have been well documented.

I will also activiely work against AFA in my extensive toy collecting network and campaign for people not to use or support your product.

Please contact me when this campaign of destroying heritage ends.

Yours Faithfully,

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I presume Robbie still does U grades as I (before I knew who he was) sold him that superb kenobi on a ROTJ card, it was a really nice example IMO bar the bubble was yellowing, I asked him if he was happy with it (packed really well BTW) & was gutted to hear that it had "apparently" broke through the bubble in transit, but not to worry as it would be getting graded :cry:

He also offered me a much larger sum on a damaged card I had already sold (an offer I declined BTW) which I can only assume was off to the graders :cry:

Shame as he does have some nice items, but when the ££'s come before the love of the hobby its time to forget it init guys

Joe

Grand Master
Maulster79 said:
Maybe im turning up late in the came but Just sent this to AFA ([email protected])

Dear Sir/Madam,

Congratulations on the AFA concept. I love it.

I have a massive vintage Star Wars Collection. Maybe the biggest in my country of Wales.

Here is pictures of it from Jan 2011:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1060793/

I have added £3000 since these were taking.

I love collecting.

I have just heard of the destruction of Star Wars packaging for 'U' Grades.

I would like you to know that i will have nothing to do with AFA while this practice continues. I'm sure the reasons have been well documented.

I will also activiely work against AFA in my extensive toy collecting network and campaign for people not to use or support your product.

Please contact me when this campaign of destroying heritage ends.

Yours Faithfully,

It's never too late mate :) Emails have been sent in the past rest assured but one more doesn't hurt.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I cant tell you how angry i am.

I think of being 14/15 years old and maybe saving enough or a birthday anf having an ROTJ carded figure if i could find one (pre-internet days).

But now theres a prefrence to opening these for some vanity trip?

Im furious.

I'm not an angry person by any means but i can guarantee I would confront, humilate and embarrass anyone taking part in this bullshit. (and yes- my own dignity is not something i care for, you will be humilated) :)

Is this coming to an end?

Where is the place to make an impact on this?

Thanks for your reply.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
When i mean humiliate im thinking at a toy fair you:

Step 1: Find 'U' Graded dealer/buyer

Step 2: Explain why they are a parasite to the planet

Step 3: Put them in camel clutch

Step 4: Break their back

Step 5: **** their ass (make them humble)

This would decrease appitite for 'U'Grade figures in no time.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
"COLLECTION OF 44 LOOSE AFA U85 SW ESB ROTJ POTF FIGURES UNCIRCULATED

** WILLING TO TRADE FOR CARDED FIGURES **"

ummm, weren't they carded to start with :lol:
unless of course they were all baggies & it's OK to open them- no one collects them :p :wink:

Dom

Jedi Master
Maulster79 said:
When i mean humiliate im thinking at a toy fair you:

Step 1: Find 'U' Graded dealer/buyer

Step 2: Explain why they are a parasite to the planet

Step 3: Put them in camel clutch

Step 4: Break their back

Step 5: **** their ass (make them humble)

This would decrease appitite for 'U'Grade figures in no time.

You need to tell us which fair you are going to so we can have a forum meet there. The art of spine snapping followed by degrdaing anal rape is not one of the usual attractions, we are normally just stuck with Dave Prowse

Dom

Jedi Master
Thats why I love this forum. Can you imagine the reaction on RS if you threatened to break someones back and then pipe hot cum up their asshole? Just awesome

My wife just came up with a great point. I explained to her what a U grade was and she looked at me puzzled. She then said "Are you trying to tell me that these people pay money to have something taken out of one plastic bubble and then put in another?"

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
OMG I had never heard of this practice until I nearly bought a U graded figure today I thought it meant uncirculated not uncarded! How on earth this type of thing be happening in this day is beyond me! BOOOO AFA!!!!!!!

itfciain

Grand Master
What a load of cock

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/72-VINTAGE-STAR-FIGURES-ALL-AFA-Uncirculated-ALL-Different-U75-U80-U85-U90-/120881424533?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c25182895

should say "many MOCs died to make this shitty arse collection"

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
Why don't we do what they did on RS and make a few accounts and bid a silly amount on it so it doesn't sell? Then again, if he does do a deal off ebay then he won't have to pay a stupid amount in fees :lol:

plantman

Sith Lord
You think thats bad..take a look at all the cardbacks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/staffie-bull-terrier/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

all look mint too....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom