What baffled you most about the toys as a kid?

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Why was there a blue button on the X-Wing which did nothing when you pressed it?! Also why did I put the battle damage stickers on it! Plus why was it battle damaged?!! The black visor on Luke X Wing baffled me. I thought it was hair until about a year ago.

stu70

Padawan
Vintage40 said:
It just wouldn't be Scalextric without 'that smell'!

I remember that, hot braids on the car and overheated throttles, brilliant.

Section 8 said:
Why did scalextric need so many expensive big **** off batteries to run and to have them run out in no time at all.

If I remember correctly my scalextric needed 8 of the big fat batteries.

My set came with a mains operated power pack.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ruby2511 said:
Vintage40 said:
It just wouldn't be Scalextric without 'that smell'!

It was a good smell :lol:
Well in hindsight it probably wasn't good! :lol:
Hot motors and controllers added to arching electricity between the brushes and the track, doubt you get away with that now?

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
scalextrics the smell of ozone and forever sanding the tracks and forever repairing the wires and brass ribbon :D only ever had the transformer same with my race and chase loved that still got the corvette and police car some ware sorry wandering off the thread here :lol:

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
My Ackbar must have been a jumble sale special or came on a cut card because I always thought he was one of jabbas goons until Jedi came out on tv. I thought his head was supposed to be this way round like a beak

2272FAFD-741B-4B52-B11E-29BA7E914680.jpeg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Darth Bobby said:
Why was there a blue button on the X-Wing which did nothing when you pressed it?!
The Kenner versions of the X-Wing and Battle-damaged X-Wing Fighter came with electronic sounds and a baffling red LED in the nose, which were activated by the blue button you refer to. Both of these features were removed for the Palitoy releases which saw the ships get some minor retooling as a consequence. However, whilst the earlier Palitoy versions also lost the blue button, some later versions retained it, whilst still losing the electronics.

Hope that helps :)

Blue Button.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom