What can I do about this eBay seller?

tigerham

Sith Lord
I was interested in a watch on eBay and the photo was in mint condition so I messaged to make sure. They said it was used so some scratches which I could not see.

s-l16002.jpg

I also messaged as they had 1 feedback score and wanted to make sure the photos were genuine.

So he emailed me photos which were obviously of a very used watch compared to the photos.

image_6483442.JPG

I explained to him they are obviously different watches and that any buyer will return the item as they will see the difference.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reloj-Casio-game-GS-soccer/123016095174?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

No reply.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Fake implies it's not legit. I would consider changing the wording to "advertised product" and "actual product" otherwise you could get yourself in trouble.

To be honest this sort of stuff goes on all the time on eBay (You see it a lot with dvd and cd sellers) which is why some sellers put "what you see is what you get", which I always think makes it sound like they can't be arsed to answer questions, but what they're trying to say is the item you see in the photo is the exact item you will receive.

tigerham

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Fake implies it's not legit. I would consider changing the wording to "advertised product" and "actual product" otherwise you could get yourself in trouble.

To be honest this sort of stuff goes on all the time on eBay (You see it a lot with dvd and cd sellers) which is why some sellers put "what you see is what you get", which I always think makes it sound like they can't be arsed to answer questions, but what they're trying to say is the item you see in the photo is the exact item you will receive.

Thank you for the heads-up. Amended.

I just can't stand dishonest people so if I can help I will.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Apparently someone from the eBay community said I'll get banned if someone spots my listing. True?

tigerham

Sith Lord
I just got a helpful warning about eBay policies etc etc. So have ended the listing. It got quite a few views so hopefully got through to a few. Every little helps.

subzero

Sith Lord
Very naughty tactic, it looks package fresh in those ebay pics, don't worry whoever buys it will def return it and he'll quickly end up with a 50% positive feedback score.

tigerham

Sith Lord
subzero said:
Very naughty tactic, it looks package fresh in those ebay pics, don't worry whoever buys it will def return it and he'll quickly end up with a 50% positive feedback score.

Exactly and that's what I said to the seller. eBay protect the buyer in this case for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom