Which luke ?

David4640

Youngling
Hi, looking at the 2 of these, which one is best to buy?, any help would be appreciated, thank you

Screenshot_2015-07-28-01-33-35.png

View attachment 1

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-28-01-33-19.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-28-01-33-19.png
    196.2 KB · Views: 501

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
It depends on what you collect , the 80 is a higher grade however the other is AFA which generally sells for more ,

Is it for your collection or to sell ?

What are the prices on them ?

Personally I prefer loose figures

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Well they both look stupid in those grading cases :lol: sorry not much help but I can't stand graded loose figures, they look terrible with all those supports around them and weapons taped to the side. Not good for the figures either, you often see paint rubs in grading cases. Don't buy either, get a nice ungraded one for half the price and enjoy holding it :)

Richard_H

Grand Master
AFA 75s are not desirable so I wouldn't really go for that one because it's AFA and worth more.

I agree with the above though. Get a nice loose one for £30 and get a loose acrylic case to display it.

plantainman

Jedi Master
The AFA saber has a broken tip! I don't get why you would want to buy something that is broken that some grader guy tells you is rated 75 on a scale that no-one cares about.

Buy neither, pay less money for a nice loose example, hold it, enjoy it , display how YOU want to display it.

David4640

Youngling
OK, thank you all for your replies, its for my collection, I haven't been collecting too long and haven't got a Luke farmboy

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It depends what you mean by 'worth' - if you like the way they look and want to keep it, then sure. But if it's only to increase its value, you really have to get an 85 or higher to make it worth more than the cost of the loose figure and grading, and even then only for the higher end figures. For example the last two UKG 85 loose General Madine's sold on eBay have gone for £27

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231585831441

I bet it cost the seller more than that for the figure and grading.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I graded all my loose figures about 5 years ago and kind of regret it now, I woulden't recomend going down the graded root for loose AT ALL.

I'm probably going to collect a lot of loose again for my son. (more for me though really) :? :lol:

That said I don't really have a problem with loose graded, think they look good in their own little cases. :)

JFK

Jedi Master
A graded item is only good for selling on again and to spare yourself the daft questions you will get from newbie collectors :lol: saying that they still ask daft questions ! I'm with the chaps buy yourself a minty loose figure and treat yourself to a kebab and pint afterwards with the money you saved :shock:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
If for your own collection buy a nice minty loose figure with a complete saber, even go for a lettered saber then it's that little bit more special.

You can't handle them in a plastic coffin, and they also have trouble hearing what your saying to them, plays havoc with the acoustics :wink:

indianawars

Sith Lord
I will never understand why people take a £30-£40 figure, grade it, and then ask for £100+... All grading is - Sealing something within a couple of quids worth of acrylic and sticking on a few pence worth of stickers inside. If people can't see something is already near mint and need help from graders to tell them that, then those people have more money than sense.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom