Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Although I've been knocking around on the forum for a couple of years I've just realised that I haven't introduced myself.

My name is Wayne and I've been a Star Wars fan since 1978 when I first saw it with my Dad. I'd read the book before I went to see the film and remember talking through the performance telling my dad about all the characters! I started collecting as much as I could including the figures and a few vehicles/playsets over the next 6 years. I amassed most of the figures and was still taking them off the card even though I'd stopped playing with them (damn!).
My interest in the OT didn't wane throughout the rest of the 80's and 90's as I continued buying stuff. My main interests were the comics, books and posters but I also added some carded vintage figures. Also in the 90's I started to collect the newer merchandise including the toys until the market got saturated with re-issues of the same figures. I do still have a soft spot for my modern 90's collection and still aim to complete missing sets.
My enthusiasm was curbed by the prequels and I turned my attention back to vintage with, initially, trying to put together a Palitoy ROTJ/Trilogo debut run. Unforunately I tend to deviate across my collection so completing one focus very rarely happens!
During the "dark times" following ROTJ's release I started to become interested in Indiana Jones and I have a nice collection of merchandise but, again, I didn't particularly focus on the toy range so it's predominantly books, comics and posters.

I'm currently trying to sort out my man cave in such a way that I can not only store everything but also display it so that it looks good and not just a hoard of stuff. When I get to that point I'll post some pics in the showcase.

Up until earlier this year, when I parted with a few comics, I'd not sold or traded anything in my collection!

I love being on the forum and have learned so much from the posts. I've also been to a few Farthest From's which have been great for finding vintage!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
ahhhh it is only 2½ years since you joined the forum, better late than never, welcome to the forum Wayne :D

Hi everyone,

My name's Andy, I have been lurking in the shadows of SWFUK like a Jabba's Palace denizen for about 5 years but I finally thought I would reveal myself. I've been collecting since I was about 10 when I used to go to the NEC shows with my dad in the mid 90s. Having got a bit fed up with eBay and the new wave of collectors (they're not all bad) that have emerged in the past few years I thought it was time to throw myself into here. I'm not joking when I say that when I first heard of a 'Toy-Toni' I found the thread on this forum and I read every single page, it was simply astounding the level of knowledge people have! Anyway, nice to meet everyone.

Cheers

Andy

c00mes30

Youngling
Name: neil
Single/Married: married
Residence: West london
Kids: 2. 1is 20 the other 16
Pets: 2.cats
Collecting Focus: Vintage fan club material and vintage ships unboxed

Collecting interest: mainly fan club stuff.

Looking For han solo tactical vest from the fan club

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
Welcome to the forum Neil, Andy, Wayne and all our other new members.
It's always good reading members' stories and backgrounds as we can relate to most of them.

jnma1978

Hi Everybody

I'm Juanma from Spain and new on the Forum.
I returned to Star Wars Collecting on 2013 thanks to my partner that gave me an Afa 20 back Leia Organa for my birthday!
I focus on Vintage Star Wars and it's a pleasure to learn and read all of you! I am learning a lot.
Juanma

apack7229

Sith Lord
Hi everyone,
My name's Alex and I've been collecting for the past year now and finally decided to join the forum. I started collecting when I got a loose Boba Fett in an antique store in a mall near me. That figure started the spiral into the hobby that I love today.

shadow images

Youngling
Hello all,I am Lyle from across the pond in Arizona. Just got back into Star Wars collecting after a 10yr hiatus. You guys seem to be more down to earth than a lot of the other forums/FB groups I have looked at.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
shadow images said:
Hello all,I am Lyle from across the pond in Arizona. Just got back into Star Wars collecting after a 10yr hiatus. You guys seem to be more down to earth than a lot of the other forums/FB groups I have looked at.

Welcome Lyle to the forum, Yes we are all very nice people on this forum and all is down on earth. No hot shots on this forum :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom