Hello everyone
my name is matt
im 27
from Eire
And have just got bitten by the collecting bug
been a lifetime fan of star wars and follower
when i was younger all i wanted to be was a jedi
then i grew up ha
i am mostly interested in collecting MOCs and MIB vehicles (the slave being a personal goal!) ONE DAY.
and want to ease into it with a few of the easier ones to buy
then of course there are the bobas and the 12 backs that one could only dream of one day owning
so to sum it up
im a new new collector looking to learn the jargon have the chats and find the deals that would
make ol anikan himself weep with joy
thank guys
peace :mrgreen:
Welcome aboard Matt. At 27 you would have been born in 1987 how the hell do you know about 12 backs :D Oh well good luck with the collecting and if your not aware of the Toy Toni Scandal regarding MOC's there's a thread detailing all the facts about what to watch out for so you don't get stung like a lot of us already have :x

Letthewookiewin

Youngling
Hi peeps
My name is Gaz and im from Suffolk. I'm 34 years old and my collection comprises of what I had as a child. Basically some bloody well played with figures (approx a 100 loose figures all missing there accessories etc) a millennium falcon, at-st, slave 1, Xwing, snow speeder, speeder bikes and a Rancor monster plus a few other odds and sods.

My intentions here are to be part of a like minded community. To contribute as my knowledge grows and to learn the ropes with regards to collecting.

I'm a pinball machine collector and contribute a lot to those forums.

I'd like to build my collection of "players condition" toys for my son to play with in a couple of years when he's old enough! He WILL like star wars!! I can't afford nor want to at the moment, to collect boxed mint toys

If collecting Star Wars is anything like pinball machines, then eBay is to be avoided due to cowboy sellers and sky high prices and forum buying is the way to go? It might be different here though. I'm here to be educated as I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what anything is worth.

Anyway that's me. Look forward to speaking to you all along the way.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Hi Gaz.

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will fit in well here.

From time to time we get new members who have an pinball machine for sale.

itfciain

Grand Master
Hi Gaz - welcome aboard - whereabouts in Suffolk are you from - and more importantly are you are Blue or a puke coloured budgie?

vivian1er

Hello, not knowing how to or present me, I thus appear here ^^ my name is vivian, I am from Belgium and j am 36 years old.
I already possess some rooms(parts,plays) star wars.
I go search(research) for 12-20-21 back...
Good evening has you and merry christmas, vivian...

Pomse2001

Grand Master
ogsstu said:
Hi everyone, signed up a couple of days ago just started collecting again. I may be asking a fair amount of advice now I'm trying to re collect. The names Stu, I'm in sheffield and will be mainly collecting loose figures and vehicles (I say this but probably wont stick to it). Best thing is the other half is happy for me to start collecting again... Until she sees the bank account!

Welcome stu to the forum :wink:

Blackpen said:
Hi there ppl,

I'm from Portugal, and i'm happy for finding this amazing forum. Willing to buy/sell/trade Star Wars goodies!

Thank you.

Hi Blackpen, welcome to the forum :D

ghostlyfett said:
Hello everyone
my name is matt
im 27
from Eire
And have just got bitten by the collecting bug
been a lifetime fan of star wars and follower
when i was younger all i wanted to be was a jedi
then i grew up ha
i am mostly interested in collecting MOCs and MIB vehicles (the slave being a personal goal!) ONE DAY.
and want to ease into it with a few of the easier ones to buy
then of course there are the bobas and the 12 backs that one could only dream of one day owning
so to sum it up
im a new new collector looking to learn the jargon have the chats and find the deals that would
make ol anikan himself weep with joy
thank guys
peace :mrgreen:

Welcome Matt to this awesome forum :D

JimboUK1979 said:
Hi Gents,

My names James. I'm 31 from Staffordshire.

Ive been collecting for a few months after having my interest rekindled through my son and his recent Star Wars toys.

I originally had Star Wars 'back in the day' but was probably a little late on the scene as I was born in 79. Unfortunately there is nothing left of my original toys as they were 'loved' to death as we played hard. I remember my grandma buying me and my two cousins a falcon each for xmas.

I was initially interested in collecting a full set of loose (but decent cond. figures) to display on stands....... 5 months in and I'm slowly building my figure collection but also have a Falcon, speeder bike, b wing, Ewok glider and a snow speeder. I'm collecting on a budget so I do miss out on a lot of stuff. I can appreciate the attraction of collecting carded figures but my budget (and wife) won't allow for this!!

One of my favourite parts of collecting is the toy fairs where I take my 5 year old son. He enjoys rootling through bargain figure boxes and we usually come back with a good mix of old he-man and whatever takes his fancy on the day. We also have a vintage figure poster on his wall where we put a sticker next to the figure when we collect it.

I'm currently looking for 2 x falcon ramp struts, snow speeder harpoon / rope / block and a decent condition Y-Wing. I'm not fussy about boxes as i do let my son play with my stuff if he is very careful (he loves it).

Im learning all the time and am getting sucked further and further into the Vintage Star Wars collecting universe.

Cheers,

J

James welcome to the forum :wink:

dorsetneil said:
name Neil lowery
age 45
reside east stoke, Dorset
single
pet dog jack
collecting focus: vintage figures, books , comics

Welcome Neil to the forum :D

Letthewookiewin said:
Hi peeps
My name is Gaz and im from Suffolk. I'm 34 years old and my collection comprises of what I had as a child. Basically some bloody well played with figures (approx a 100 loose figures all missing there accessories etc) a millennium falcon, at-st, slave 1, Xwing, snow speeder, speeder bikes and a Rancor monster plus a few other odds and sods.

My intentions here are to be part of a like minded community. To contribute as my knowledge grows and to learn the ropes with regards to collecting.

I'm a pinball machine collector and contribute a lot to those forums.

I'd like to build my collection of "players condition" toys for my son to play with in a couple of years when he's old enough! He WILL like star wars!! I can't afford nor want to at the moment, to collect boxed mint toys

If collecting Star Wars is anything like pinball machines, then eBay is to be avoided due to cowboy sellers and sky high prices and forum buying is the way to go? It might be different here though. I'm here to be educated as I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what anything is worth.

Anyway that's me. Look forward to speaking to you all along the way.

Welcome Gaz to the forum.

vivian1er said:
Hello, not knowing how to or present me, I thus appear here ^^ my name is vivian, I am from Belgium and j am 36 years old.
I already possess some rooms(parts,plays) star wars.
I go search(research) for 12-20-21 back...
Good evening has you and merry christmas, vivian...

Vivian welcome to the forum :D

talldroid77

Padawan
Hi I'm Dave age 41

Been collecting around SW 3 yrs now but had and loved SW stuff when a kid - dad worked for a purchasing organisation that used Palitoy when SW first came out - wish some of the stuff had been kept unopened lol

Fussy collector like mint or near.

Main interest 77 stuff especially palitoy

Want 77 cards when can afford also after minty dewback and sandcrawler at the mo.

Hope to enjoy the forum

Cheers guys :D

beginner

Jedi Knight
Hi all
I'm Axel from Kingdom of Bavaria, means from Munich Germany I'm 43 and collecting
Star Wars since my childhood. My first character was a hammerhead for my birthday and I cried, you ask why? who wants a slug with a blue body !

a few guys here I know from earlier times..

I'm glad to meet some again

cheers
starwars_25.gif

dan_mato

Youngling
Hi Everyone im Dan 42 from Inverness been collecting mainly MOC for around 15 years now. Hope t enjoy the forum.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. Great story about your dad :D

Hi Axel from bavaria, welcome to the forum :wink:

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum. Hope you will share pictures of your collection :wink:

yoda

Sith Lord
Hi guys just joined. I live in Ireland and grew up with the first 3 movies. Always been a vhs copy in the house of the movies. Never had much but always got a figure or 2 at Xmas while watching the reruns. Now trying to collect all the figures I had as a child(wife still thinks I never grew up!) :) I have got a few mint carded figures but on lookout for more. My pride and joy is my original falcon and I now have a boxed falcon unopened which was hard to find. Anyway hope to learn and be of any help fellow jedi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom