X-Files is back

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
**** **** ****, I missed episode 8 yesterday. Some polish contractor cut the tv cable :evil: So now I have to wait to next week before they show the episode again :(
Lars, sorry you missed episode 8. At least you can watch it next week :)

I saw episode 7 this week (SPOILERS), and agree it was funny and weird! Not a very typical X-Files episode by any means. I actually thought they might do the whole thing in silence, as they took about 5 minutes before anyone spoke :D. And as for the premise, ridiculous though it is right now, give it a few short years, and who knows? :shock: I refuse to accept 'smart' devices as being inevitable or good. Some can be, but as I ranted elsewhere (http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36196), who the hell needs a 'smart' toaster?!

Anyway, I'm still enjoying this season, so bring on episode 8! :D

It was very weird, but yes also funny. I hope not the world will be so smart in the future :lol: smart toaster :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I have now seen episode 8 (SPOILERS). I thought it was another solid episode, with a very creepy villain in 'Mr Chakotay' (or whatever his name was; I probably misheard it!). This episode seemed to be 'inspired' (read 'copied') in part from Stephen King's 'IT', with Mr Chakotay being a Pennywise the Clown type character, capable of shape-shifting / taking different forms to attract and murder little kids. The show put its own spin on things by making it about witchcraft, rather than simply being about a monster, which made the similarities to 'IT' rather less than they otherwise might have been, which was welcome. This episode was also a return to straight horror for The X-Files, and whilst not the best episode ever made, I thought it did a good enough job. It certainly kept me interested throughout, as I tried to guess who was ultimately to blame for the killings. I'd give this one 7 out of 10.

Bring on episode 9!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
I have now seen episode 8 (SPOILERS). I thought it was another solid episode, with a very creepy villain in 'Mr Chakotay' (or whatever his name was; I probably misheard it!). This episode seemed to be 'inspired' (read 'copied') in part from Stephen King's 'IT', with Mr Chakotay being a Pennywise the Clown type character, capable of shape-shifting / taking different forms to attract and murder little kids. The show put its own spin on things by making it about witchcraft, rather than simply being about a monster, which made the similarities to 'IT' rather less than they otherwise might have been, which was welcome. This episode was also a return to straight horror for The X-Files, and whilst not the best episode ever made, I thought it did a good enough job. It certainly kept me interested throughout, as I tried to guess who was ultimately to blame for the killings. I'd give this one 7 out of 10.

Bring on episode 9!

I saw episode 8 last night, I think it was great, the 2nd best episode in the season 8) Tonight I will see episode 9, I hope it is also great :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have just seen episode 9, ok that was a ****ing crazy episode with that old woman and the crazy doctor :shock:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
I have just seen episode 9, ok that was a ****ing crazy episode with that old woman and the crazy doctor :shock:
Don't spoil it please! The UK won't see that one until next Monday, when they're showing episodes 9 and 10 back to back :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Don't spoil it please! The UK won't see that one until next Monday, when they're showing episodes 9 and 10 back to back :)

ok I will not say more :wink: I think they will show episode 10 next week in denmark :?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

ok I will not say more :wink: I think they will show episode 10 next week in denmark :?
They showed the last 2 episodes (9 and 10) here in the UK on Monday night.

SPOILERS

Episode 9 was a great and creepy modern take on vampires, complete with an ageless former Hollywood star and a wicked doctor who's discovered the secret of eternal youth... cannibalism! Mulder and Scully were on great form, albeit we did have to endure Scully suddenly remembering she's a Catholic and hear her trying to convince us she still believes in all that nonsense after everything else she's witnessed. Still, it was another solid monster-of-the-week X-Files episode and I enjoyed it.

Episode 10 closed out this series by bookending the story which episode 1 kicked off with the wicked cigarette smoking man's plot to release the alien virus and wipe out humanity. Mulder finally got to meet his son William (or so he believed), after a chase across the country and some cool exploding SWAT-types, courtesy of some seriously strong psychic abilities! The show sells us a dummy early on by revealing the CSM shooting Mulder, and we then flash backwards to earlier events to find out how we end up there... only to find of course that it wasn't Mulder at all, but William posing as Mulder that gets shot. And in a rather predictable ending, Mulder shoots the CSM, but not in the head and we never actually see him die (so expect him back again in a future series), and William fakes his own death, and survives (so expect him back too!).

Overall, an enjoyable final episode and series, I thought. A definite improvement over the previous 6-episode one, and I really hope Chris Carter manages to persuade Gillian Anderson to come back for another series, as I think there's still life in the show yet, and it just won't be the same without Scully :(

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

They showed the last 2 episodes (9 and 10) here in the UK on Monday night.

SPOILERS

Episode 9 was a great and creepy modern take on vampires, complete with an ageless former Hollywood star and a wicked doctor who's discovered the secret of eternal youth... cannibalism! Mulder and Scully were on great form, albeit we did have to endure Scully suddenly remembering she's a Catholic and hear her trying to convince us she still believes in all that nonsense after everything else she's witnessed. Still, it was another solid monster-of-the-week X-Files episode and I enjoyed it.

Episode 10 closed out this series by bookending the story which episode 1 kicked off with the wicked cigarette smoking man's plot to release the alien virus and wipe out humanity. Mulder finally got to meet his son William (or so he believed), after a chase across the country and some cool exploding SWAT-types, courtesy of some seriously strong psychic abilities! The show sells us a dummy early on by revealing the CSM shooting Mulder, and we then flash backwards to earlier events to find out how we end up there... only to find of course that it wasn't Mulder at all, but William posing as Mulder that gets shot. And in a rather predictable ending, Mulder shoots the CSM, but not in the head and we never actually see him die (so expect him back again in a future series), and William fakes his own death, and survives (so expect him back too!).

Overall, an enjoyable final episode and series, I thought. A definite improvement over the previous 6-episode one, and I really hope Chris Carter manages to persuade Gillian Anderson to come back for another series, as I think there's still life in the show yet, and it just won't be the same without Scully :(

Spoilers

I have just seen episode 10, I think it was fantastic, the best episode in this season. Do you think skinner is dead ? :? What about the smoking man is he finally dead or will he be back ? :lol: Also ****ing crazy that they learn william is not their son and scully is pregnant again :shock:

Sad news to hear Gillian anderson will not do anymore episodes. But I remember in the 90s or early 00 there was some or many episodes where David Duchovny was out of the tv series. So if it worked then why can't it work now :? maybe she will be back again later :?

Looks like X-files can go on without her http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-files/interviews/a849103/x-files-chris-carter-season-11-gillian-anderson/

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Spoilers

I have just seen episode 10, I think it was fantastic, the best episode in this season. Do you think skinner is dead ? :? What about the smoking man is he finally dead or will he be back ? :lol: Also ****ing crazy that they learn william is not their son and scully is pregnant again :shock:

Sad news to hear Gillian anderson will not do anymore episodes. But I remember in the 90s or early 00 there was some or many episodes where David Duchovny was out of the tv series. So if it worked then why can't it work now :? maybe she will be back again later :?

Looks like X-files can go on without her http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-files/interviews/a849103/x-files-chris-carter-season-11-gillian-anderson/
Thanks for the Digital Spy article link. It was a very interesting read :)

If they do make another series, providing the actors all want to return, I think Skinner, the CSM and William are all still very much alive! You don't kill off your main characters lightly on a show like this where there really aren't that many regular cast members. And besides, the CSM has survived what we thought was his death several times already!

I really hope they do make another series, but if Gillian Anderson's not in it, the show will be significantly diminished, just as the episodes without Mulder were in seasons 8 & 9 :-(

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Not sure if anyone else has read that there will be no new series of the X files, the plug has been pulled!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Not sure if anyone else has read that there will be no new series of the X files, the plug has been pulled!
I didn't know that. It's sad, but perhaps not surprising given that Gillian Anderson had no interest in returning for another series. Still, it was nice to have a couple of 'bonus' series after all those years, so I won't complain :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom