Yellow Bubbles

Leemcl

Jedi Master
I've noticed that the bubbles I have that have had minor issues, like small hairline cracks or worse never seem to yellow.

Tri Logo also, generally don't seem to yellow...

Is there a reason for the above or is it just pot luck ?

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Must be to do with the plastics used. Tri Logos never seem to yellow, whereas, POTF are the opposite. ROTJ bubbles often yellow and some ESB do as well. Don't think I've seen a yellow SW card. Some of the Mexican cards have a tiny whole punched in the back of the card, which probably helps due to the airflow.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Sadly there are indeed some yellow SW bubbles as well. Most seem to still be clear, but I've seen several Palitoy 12 backs with yellowed bubbles, including some graded as yellow for what little that's worth!

Edit - Just found this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-PALITOY-12-BACK-DEATH-SQUAD-COMMANDER-UNPUNCHED-ACTION-FIGURE-AFA-UKG-/172294932592?hash=item281d940870:g:guEAAOSwbsBXo575

lejackal

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Sadly there are indeed some yellow SW bubbles as well. Most seem to still be clear, but I've seen several Palitoy 12 backs with yellowed bubbles, including some graded as yellow for what little that's worth!

Edit - Just found this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-PALITOY-12-BACK-DEATH-SQUAD-COMMANDER-UNPUNCHED-ACTION-FIGURE-AFA-UKG-/172294932592?hash=item281d940870:g:guEAAOSwbsBXo575
You'll find that one in the FS section on here as well :)

obiwannacollect

Jedi Knight
The plastics used for the bubbles changed after a certain point and some simply never suffered from the yellowing.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I have a couple of trilogos with yellow bubbles, so they aren't 100% immune either

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom