International Figure Sets

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Was all 97 figures released on all the International cards?

I know Trilogo is missing 6:
R2-D2
C-3PO
Star Destroyer Cmdr
Power Droid
4-Lom

What about Toltoys, Takara, Popy, Meccano etc?

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
10 were released on Takara as far as I know, including different sculpts for figures like Vader, C-3PO and Stormie. Im also pretty sure vader has a strange MOC variation where the coloured area behind the figure can either be white or the standard yellow colour. I believe white background is tougher to find but dont hold me to it.

Death squad commander and Jawa were not released on Takara cards as far as I know.

After this wave Popy became the licensed distributors.

All the best. Chris.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Most figures were released on Meccano cards, but pretty much all apart form the Jawa and Ben Kenobi are incredibly rare. You think Palitoy's are rare? I've only seen about 5 Meccano's (apart from the above) for sale in all my years collecting. There are probably more Rocket Firing Fett prototypes than most known Meccano's. I would have paid mega bucks for a Luke Bespin one when I had my focus.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Depends on how many lifetimes I get. Doing a bit of research really. Not got into foreign figs yet :wink:

Joe

Grand Master
Depends what you mean really Grant, are you looking to put together a set of all the figures on a variety of cards or are you asking if there was one company that released all figures on their own cards apart from Kenner?

All I can think of if you mean the latter would be Palitoy. I would say Meccano but Meccano aren't known to have released all the POTF figures on Trilogo cards, so close but no cigar.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
You could be forgiven for thinking that because you just never see any, but most figures are available on normal shaped cardbacks and with all logos. They're just super rare.

You should grab the 'Meccano to Trilogo' book, worth getting just for the photos.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Your right. Should defiantly get that book. Every time it goes on sale I get a MOC instead. Looks like a fantastic read.

Any ideas on the Mexican and other ranges?

I'm guessing the toltoys would be the same as palitoy. :?:

Joe

Grand Master
If it helps:

Toptoys (Argentina) released 7 figures.
Lili Ledy (Mexico) released 50 figures.
Meccano (France) released the first 65 figures on their own cards and then an extra 20 or so on their own Trilogo cards.
Palitoy (UK) released the first 65 figures on their own cards and all of the figures thereafter were on Palitoy produced Trilogos.
TolToys (Aus/NZ) Honestly don't know the number but definitely not a full set of figures!

Honestly the only company outside Kenner that did them all was Palitoy but you have to include the Trilogos as part of the Palitoy line.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
A small world focus is a pretty cool idea Grant. John Darthberizing's focus looks neat. Im sure youve seen it. He has a really good mixture of everything and it works well IMO. :)

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
P.S. If you do decide to take the plunge on the mecanno to tri logo book then prepare to salivate. Some great items in there. 8)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Caswellbot said:
P.S. If you do decide to take the plunge on the mecanno to tri logo book then prepare to salivate. Some great items in there. 8)

I couldn't believe my eyes the first time I read it. I'd never seen 90% of the Meccano cardbacks, let alone all together on one page.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah- I think it's a priority.

Someone contacted me the other day from Spain about doing a book on PBP figures. Sent him photos and info but they never replied.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Caswellbot said:

I couldn't believe my eyes the first time I read it. I'd never seen 90% of the Meccano cardbacks, let alone all together on one page.

Yep. Too true Edd. I love the Miro Mecanno Block Logo'd cards. Super sweet! 8)

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Caswellbot said:
edd_jedi said:
Caswellbot said:

Yep. Too true Edd. I love the Miro Mecanno Block Logo'd cards. Super sweet! 8)

Totally agree about the Miro Mecanno logo cards - those square cardbacks with that logo are the business but so so rare. I've seen for sale over the last few years, Snaggletooth, Hammerhead, Walrusman, Hoth Stormie, Lando Calrissian and Yoda all square carded with the Miro Mecanno logo. Favourite was Walrusman that was AFA and a little gem on Ebay last year 8) .

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Does anyone know exactly how many of the figures were released on Toltoys cards and if there are any Toltoys variant figures.

Only two that I remember ever hearing about are the ESB Vinyl caped Jawa and I think there's also a vader with a different cape?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom