SWFUK PODCAST: Episode XI Recognising Foul Stenches LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
We here at the Star Wars Forum UK Podcast are delighted to announce the launch of our eleventh episode : Recognising Foul Stenches.

image.jpg1_zpslqp1gb31.jpg

We have another buster of a podcast for you this month.

We welcome a new member to the podcast crew as the four become a five once again with forum favourite Jez joining the team. Jez has worked hard on his first full podcast and is clearly going to be a valuable member in the future.

This months interview is totally charming as we chat with American Bruce White about Princess Leia, Tattoos, Art, Anaheim and his cosmetics beauty bag amongst a host of other things.

This months oddballs takes a behind the scenes look at the autograph track, joining Grant to look at this is none other than Gerald Home, A.K.A Squid Head - our first Star Wars on screen guest!

But Grants interview with Gerald Home plays second fiddle to an interview special, when Jez's son Leo takes to the airwaves to ask Gerald Home the questions we all want to hear the answers to.

Forum Roundup has been axed in favour of new segment Vintage Star Wars News where the podcast team bring you the hot topics from across all the forums and Facebook. This month the team look at the current Facebook reproduction and ugrade protest as Grant chats to two of the driving forces behind the campaign in Ross Barr and Jason Smith.

Also in this months news we speak to part of our podcast family, Iain Sanderson as we discuss his new Acrylic displays which are now on sale.

Rich goes into the recent Lily Ledy reproduction weapon haul and speaks with Paul Ford from TIG to discuss the matter.

Jez takes control of his first LA section and looks at items from DrBallMD, Grant_C, Savory100, Joe and DublinJeff.

We also have some huge announcements regarding the podcast stage at Anaheim as well as a look at the recent Farthest From event where Pete caught up with Spaniard Dan Franco, who gives his thoughts on his first Farthest From experience.

All this plus the other usual segments make this a podcast to sink your teeth in. So grab yourself a brew, put your feet up and immerse yourself in Star Wars Vintage Collecting!

Swfukpodcast.podbean.com

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Congrats on joining the team Jez.

Just finished listening to me and Ross whittle on about repros and u-grades. Thanks for having us on and helping to spread the word.

:)

Jason

itfciain

Grand Master
hahaha - cheers guys - I would like to say thanks for the chat Stu but to be honest I just prattle on for about 10 mins - not sure I even took a breath !

Meant what I said - all of you guys have done an amazing job since day one - it's sad to see Ben go but I know Jez will do a great job

Keep up the good work !

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
Just finished listening to me and Ross whittle on about repros and upgrades. Thanks for having us on and helping to spread the word.

No thank you Jason. I only listened to this interview on Thursday when editing the News section and thought you and Ross were excellent, informative for such a good cause. Your work on this is so appreciated, you boys can use the podcast at platform whenever you need it.

itfciain said:
hahaha - cheers guys - I would like to say thanks for the chat Stu but to be honest I just prattle on for about 10 mins - not sure I even took a breath !

Meant what I said - all of you guys have done an amazing job since day one - it's sad to see Ben go but I know Jez will do a great job

Keep up the good work !

Thanks for coming on once again Iain, always great to have you on. The plaques are fantastic and i'd urge everyone to go and get themselves a great display piece.
I've got about another 35 minutes from my chat with Iain, so watch this space in case we roll out the rest of what was discussed!

Just want to say a huge huge thank you to Bruce White, Gerald Home, Ross Barr, Jason Smith, Iain Sanderson, Dan Franco, Paul Ford and Leo. Without the guests this podcast would just be another mundane podcast but the guests in my opinion make it what it is and we truly appreciate it when people make the effort to come on and join us.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Congratulations Jez on joining the Podcast team. :D
Excellent LA round up....Thank you very much for the mention and kind words with regards to the small reference guides, I genuinely appreciate it :D

Great show again all round...

Artoo_Detour

Youngling
Congrats on another great Podcast guys! Thanks for having us on to talk about the Ledy repros.

Congrats to Jez on joining the team. Jez, that's cool you've gone orangey and decided on a LXWP focus 8)
I've been collecting LXWP for a few years (very slowly) including the X-Wing Fighter and X-Wing oddball stuff.
I'd also like to join in giving a shoutout to Marc Caraway who helped me lots with my X-Wing variations guide: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t7463-the-x-wing-fighter-variations-thread-xwingfighter
Marc is the Godfather of all things X-Wing and has been a great source of info.

Enjoyed Ross and Jason's interview and agree these past few weeks have been fantastic for postive news about repros and U-Grade. Kudos.

Congrats on getting Gerald Home on the show. What a gent he is.

Good to hear about the theater programmes. I picked mine up two years ago from Todd Chamberlain. It's the pebble style cover with matte pages inside. I didn't know there was a rarer UK issue.
I love the programme because it's nice to have something directly related to the movie release that fits my eternal "soz I'm skint budget" :)
Here are a couple of pics, the cover art is Tom Jung:

01_sw_12_zps609d9cfe.jpg

02_sw_12_zps29fb5f30.jpg

05_sw_12_zpsafd35488.jpg

04_sw_11_zps41a30984.jpg

Finally, well done everyone involved and good luck for Anaheim!! 8)

Paul

Joe

Grand Master
Anything that involves the velvet geek is A+ in my book..oh and adding Jez to the team was the perfect move! The A-TEAM!!

Dfran8

Padawan
New show! Good news!
Good way to start the week knowing you guys will help me go through four work hours :mrgreen:

Congrats to Mr. X Wing himself, Jez! see you in Anaheim mate :)

Jez

Sith Lord
Thank you for the warm welcome fellow podcast crew :D
Thank you for your kind words fellow SWFUKers :D
It is a massive privilege to represent the forum in this way, i'll try to do it justice.
Right i'm off to check out the Latest Acquisitions thread again! 8)

I'm looking forward to the next one already :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Half way through it now, excellent as always guys :)

One question/comment though, I noticed that during Jason's interview it was mentioned that this forum has banned the sale of Toy Toni's? As far as I know that has not been agreed, and was not listed in the new rules. Just wanted to clarify that people are still allowed to sell declared Toy Toni's on this forum until further notice.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
As far as I know that has not been agreed, and was not listed in the new rules. Just wanted to clarify that people are still allowed to sell declared Toy Toni's on this forum until further notice.

Rich- Next months Shownotes please. :wink:

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
Really honored to be included in the latest podcast. But does my voice really sound that dumb and whiny? My wife WAS right!!!!!!!

Seriously though, thanks again Grant. It was a pleasure, and you are a great ally in the fight against repros and U-grades.

Ross

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom