More Orme 'replacement' repro crap...

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Horrible... the guy seems to have moved from boxes and inserts to actual cardboard playsets now... just horrible.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

ODB

Jedi Master
He's not the first to create a repro Cloud CIty Playset, but thats no excuse. I see he has not marked them as reproduction either.

Who is buying this rubbish? It seems there are more idiots prepared to part with their money than I ever knew, so he will continue to make these things.

itfciain

Grand Master
If he had any decency (which we know he doesn't) then he would have marked one of the flaps with a big Repro - there was also no need for him to copy the Kenner info

Really though the blame lies with those buying this crap

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Unfortunately where there's a market, there will always be the unscrupulous,education is the key, that's why this forum is so great, serious collectors with a passion for the hobby, will take time and patience and ask questions.

andygo

Padawan
unbe-f*****g-lievable......

I just don't get it, I really don't... As a collector, why on earth would you want to buy and showcase a fake.... surely the fun is in the hunt...?

I know it's been said repeatedly, but Orme's stuff is on a par with ToyToni for damaging the hobby.....

MarkG

Jedi Master
The other annoying thing about these, is some feckwit(s) out there is/are giving him the real deal to copy !! :evil:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm certainly not defending him, but I believe he stamps the back of his items with 'Replicator Boxes', if his eBay auctions are to be believed (I've never actually seen any of his items 'in the flesh' myself, so cannot confirm this). Also, just to be accurate here, some of those items pictured above do appear to have 'Made by Replicator Boxes' printed on the fronts as well. I repeat, I am NOT defending him, merely highlighting what he does.

Whatever we may think of him doing this, for as long as he clearly marks them in some way as being repros, collectors can at least tell the difference. The real danger comes if or when he (or anyone else) stops marking them. As soon as the reproductions become indistinguishable from originals, we're all screwed :evil:

spoons

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
I'm certainly not defending him, but I believe he stamps the back of his items with 'Replicator Boxes', if his eBay auctions are to be believed (I've never actually seen any of his items 'in the flesh' myself, so cannot confirm this). Also, just to be accurate here, some of those items pictured above do appear to have 'Made by Replicator Boxes' printed on the fronts as well. I repeat, I am NOT defending him, merely highlighting what he does.

Whatever we may think of him doing this, for as long as he clearly marks them in some way as being repros, collectors can at least tell the difference. The real danger comes if or when he (or anyone else) stops marking them. As soon as the reproductions become indistinguishable from originals, we're all screwed :evil:

Hes already made loads of unmarked inserts etc and very unapologetic about it too

A

Anonymous

Just looked at the full listing for these. They are all clearly marked as repros.

Cheers

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Has anyone seen or owned these?? I wonder if they are blurry/faded/ colours wrong or just fade away months down the line. I have infiltrated the enemy on fb so can keep an eye on his group :)

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
Man these new ones look really nice. I can't afford $50 for a genuine loose playset so I would gladly pay $40 for these new copies.....

Said the dumb ****s that buy this ****.

lejackal

Grand Master
Ross_Barr said:
Man these new ones look really nice. I can't afford $50 for a genuine loose playset so I would gladly pay $40 for these new copies.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Ross_Barr said:

Haha!! :lol:

That ought to be the top testimonial on Orme's website!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom