What can we do to get more members to vote ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
To try and get more members, why not have raffles or something (don't want to say freebies) because people shouldn't be out of pocket, but we need something to entice people over and give them a reason to come, by doing this hopefully more activity will follow.

But a raffle for something, even if everyone who enters pays a £1 or something to cover the cost?

Anything extra made could go towards running the forum or reinvested for the next raffle.

Maybe then you could get sponsorship to help fund raffles to for advertising?

Just a thought.
I remember we had raffles in the old days on the forum. I think that was fun. That is a great idea (y)

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
I aint sure If it will be viable, but definitely an option worth exploring! Or maybe some competitions, you could have guess the figure, take an obscure close up of a figure and have a vote on the options, loosers are eliminated, winners go through to another round until you have a winner?

Just throwing ideas.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I aint sure If it will be viable, but definitely an option worth exploring! Or maybe some competitions, you could have guess the figure, take an obscure close up of a figure and have a vote on the options, loosers are eliminated, winners go through to another round until you have a winner?

Just throwing ideas.
Another great idea (y)

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
Maybe that could be a good idea, but I still think it is sad that we need prices to get people to vote. But maybe it could work. Members that have voted from the first round and to the final could enter a draw for a vintage star wars freebie gift :unsure: oh and Joseph I am also glad to see you write a little more on the forum :giggle:(y)

Yeah I agree, freebies / giveaways are not the best way to go but I am not sure what other options could help?. As you mentioned, Facebook posts could help as I know the forum has its own Group that might remind people to come on and vote?. Thanks Lars, I am trying, just hard to find time!

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
How about on the intro page, maybe you could ask new members on there to vote on the polls. And the idea of a raffle I think is pretty good also

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Yeah I agree, freebies / giveaways are not the best way to go but I am not sure what other options could help?. As you mentioned, Facebook posts could help as I know the forum has its own Group that might remind people to come on and vote?. Thanks Lars, I am trying, just hard to find time!
I agree facebook posts could maybe be a great idea (y) I know, I think we all need more spare time so we can be more on the forum. But it is great to see you write a little bit more on the forum. I am sure that you will reach 1000 messages by the end of the year ;):ROFLMAO:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
How about on the intro page, maybe you could ask new members on there to vote on the polls. And the idea of a raffle I think is pretty good also
Yes maybe more will see it if we also post it in the intro page but I think most members are in the Vintage Collecting Chat, but I could be wrong about that :unsure:

Thanks for the support about the raffle idea (y) I remember a fellow dane on the forum who are not on the forum anymore did one or more raffle on the forum when he was collecting star wars toy. As I remember it, it was a succes and many members joined the raffle. But that was also before the dark times.

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
I agree facebook posts could maybe be a great idea (y) I know, I think we all need more spare time so we can be more on the forum. But it is great to see you write a little bit more on the forum. I am sure that you will reach 1000 messages by the end of the year ;):ROFLMAO:
Thanks Lars, yeah sadly not enough time in the day! haha I doubt that will happen this year but will of course try to add to it (y)

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Yes maybe more will see it if we also post it in the intro page but I think most members are in the Vintage Collecting Chat, but I could be wrong about that :unsure:

Thanks for the support about the raffle idea (y) I remember a fellow dane on the forum who are not on the forum anymore did one or more raffle on the forum when he was collecting star wars toy. As I remember it, it was a succes and many members joined the raffle. But that was also before the dark times.
I'm sure we could all donate a something to the cause mate, whether it be a figure, vehicle, play set etc and maybe a percentage goes to the running of the forum?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I'm sure we could all donate a something to the cause mate, whether it be a figure, vehicle, play set etc and maybe a percentage goes to the running of the forum?
Thanks sounds like a good idea. What about if a member just do a raffle if they have something they can spare. If some of us just do a raffle. Then we maybe can have 1 raffle every month or a few every year on the forum :unsure: I remember some members did a raffle years ago on the forum and just to enter the raffle you need to maybe have made 100 or 200 messages on the forum so new members would not join just to try to win the price and then leave the forum again and also to make new members to write some more messages before they can enter the raffle :unsure:

Latest posts

Top Bottom