Header image

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 35 LAUNCHED

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 35 LAUNCHED

Postby Stuart Skinner » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:07 pm

facebook.jpg

EPISODE 35 : TALES FROM JABBA'S PALACE

The Vintage Rebellion bring you Episode 35 in time for everyones pilgrimage to Celebration.

Talking of Celebration, Rich brings you a breakdown of the event in this months Rebel Briefings including a rundown on Everything Vintage taking place.  He also gives us a further update on the baggie affair.

Stuart and Grant are joined by Mark Baker and Karl Dix, admins on the popular Jabba Facebook groups, to discuss their collecting habits, memories and of course the groups themselves.

Jez takes a voyage through the Star Wars range from 21bk releases right up to POTF figures which were only released in Australia. The team get together to have a great discussion on the little loved Imperial Cruiser, the forgotten brother of the Imperial Transport.

All this plus much more.

Enjoy Celebration and Enjoy the show!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 35 LAUNCHED

Postby mr_palitoy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:28 am

Just listening to the 48d bit on the podcast. I thought 48g was the lesser of 2 evils, as renumbering existing card variations 48b, 48c would cause much larger issues. You can only ever add new variations and need to leave the existing ones alone. :-)

Jason
Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:53 am

Excellent, grabbing now!

Cardbackkid
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Cardbackkid » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:22 pm

Another great show ! Well done lads.

Darth Bobby
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Darth Bobby » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:52 pm

Can't help but think I've made a massive mistake. I reserved a room in Florida for Celebration on Booking.com but then let it go just after Christmas. Listening in to the podcast, it sounds like it's going to be phenomenal. What was I thinking?!! Have a great time everyone who's going. I'll be following the events on line. It's gonna like watching Glastonbury in the telly but better than nothing. Take care over there and enjoy yourselves!!!

jared007
Regular
Regular

Postby jared007 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:31 pm

Hi,

Listening to the podcast today, great show as usual - enjoyed the Jabbas palace interview.

Just one quick point about the last 17 / POTF discussion and the Gam Guard. There is one price in the Tracker that I do have, but you have to go back to Dec 2015 for it. It's an AFA60 graded price for US1200. But yeah, this one is rarely traded publicly as far as I've seen while running the Tracker. I see many more POTF Yaks traded than the Aussie 3 mentioned on the podcast.

gamPOTF.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Digital vintage price guide and portfolio system: http://www.starwarstracker.com

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:02 pm

Only just got round to listening to this one - hope you all enjoyed Orlando

The 48 variations chat was interesting but as a tiny correction these are not new. The 48D (and possibly the A) have been around a while.

About 10 years ago John Kellerman said that the 48D variation wasn't significant enough for a separate entry in the matrix. I thought that was a bit unfair as there are other entries with much smaller differences

On the flip side as the changes are solely due to factory variations in punch placement rather than promotional offers, additional figures or ships he may have had a point.

I decided long ago that as a focus collector, collecting all the different factory variations was a step too far for me ;)

Well done Jason and Chris for documenting them all in any case!

Looking forward to the next podcast
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:27 pm

As I've previously mentioned, Jez's reminiscences are of such a soothing and reassuring tone that I'm beginning to think of him as the father I never had.

So I particularly enjoyed this month's super-dose of Jez's soothing readings of toy descriptions. So much so, I'd like to suggest a video show were Jez sits on a leather armchair, glass of whiskey to hand, reminiscing about various Star Wars Transporter vehicles and lamps.

x-wingMark
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby x-wingMark » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:24 pm

Another great listen, thanks guys. 8)

Nice to get a mention of the imperial cruiser and thought I would give you a quick update. Picked up the side panels so it is starting to look like a real ship again. Cheers Jez.

image.jpeg

Stu, not related to Andy X-Wing as my name is X-Wing Mark. Unless my surname was swapped at birth to hide us from the empire. :lol: :lol:
The First Transport is Away!

Deploy the Garrison!

SWFUK Feedback viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17775

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”