Header image

Recarding figures for display. Your thoughts...

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Recarding figures for display. Your thoughts...

Postby tigerham » Fri May 11, 2018 8:23 am

Mini99 wrote:These are what you’re after
https://www.gwacrylic.co.uk/product-page/loose-cardback-and-loose-figure-display-case
These would be my suggestion as well, could work out expensive though!

I've not seen those before. Great option for sure. Thanks for sharing. :)

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Recarding figures for display. Your thoughts...

Postby tigerham » Fri May 11, 2018 8:33 am

Leemcl wrote:I’ve yet to see a repro Cardback that was a particularly close match to the real thing. Generally the print seems to be off, especially on the reverse.

Personally, I think my ones are almost spot on in terms of quality but for sure as you say the print (as in the finish) will never be the same match unless printed using litho machines which is costly. This is one I did for my Palitoy R2 65bk. Correct fonts used and sizing matched. Have not punched it properly yet plus need to redo because of forgetting to put the blue footer in. :? Lol.

Palitoy R2 65bk.jpg
Palitoy R2 65bk.jpg (327.44 KiB) Viewed 48 times

I used to work for a printers so could get a really good finish to the prints but not anymore. I've heard that the kits are printed onto the card where as I use quality sticker sheets. Sheen for the front and matt for the back as gloss for the front would be too shiny. Closest thing I could find using this method.

I'm not usually one for repro's to be honest but I always thought this one would make a good MOC if made. Each to their own I say. :)

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”