Header image

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 49 LAUNCHED

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 49 LAUNCHED

Postby Stuart Skinner » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:05 pm

bullock-fb.jpg
bullock-fb.jpg (113.02 KiB) Viewed 291 times

The Vintage Rebellion celebrates their four year anniversary by giving our listeners a six hour delight.

Stuart and Simon are joined by 12 inch collecting legend Lee Bullock, where he discusses his early memories, trading in the current climate and of course his expertise in Star Wars dollies.

Rebel Briefing sees Rich look at our hopes for Vintage Star Wars at Celebration before delving into an old discussion on 20/21 backs and more.
In this months NA the lads review some more awesome purchases from across Facebook and the forums. They even take a look into the future, from the past. The section is completed with an in depth look at the Darth Vader Carry Case with a little help from Chris G. Who had ever heard of a Red Darth Vader Carry Case??

The Market section becomes fully operational with the Death Star eBay find. Plus Simon scurries around the UK auction action and visits Steve Taylor at Toy Planet to hear about a 90s dealer stock that time forgot.

Pete takes us beyond the NA as he looks at some strange Darth Vader items as well as bringing us a top fiver related to the heavy breathing Dark Lord. And of course he brings us Gimcrack of the month as once again Jez doesn't fully understand the concept.

And what better way to celebrate four years of this show than to have Episode 11 guest Bruce White return to catch up during What's New PussyCat.

All this plus the usual quiz, Celebration update, and many moments of abusing the weaker members of the cast (Richard, Jez and Simon).

Enjoy the show!!!
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 49 LAUNCHED

Postby SAVORY100 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:58 am

Given the discussion on sticker removal, this sad set of images on Instagram jumped to mind...
I really don’t think this guy realises that the anakin offer is integral to the cardback designation btw. Gone now and lost forever:

E8BD7FB3-5AC9-4D94-9542-F33A9A215810.jpeg
E8BD7FB3-5AC9-4D94-9542-F33A9A215810.jpeg (142.41 KiB) Viewed 274 times

025229F4-DE3C-4421-9B3C-81DA3D8A2D68.jpeg
025229F4-DE3C-4421-9B3C-81DA3D8A2D68.jpeg (158.2 KiB) Viewed 274 times

01DF5385-4C2B-4A5D-B145-0E1CE57BFB21.jpeg
01DF5385-4C2B-4A5D-B145-0E1CE57BFB21.jpeg (189.75 KiB) Viewed 274 times
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:00 am

Thanks guys for another great listen.

I'm partial to a bit of the 12 inch range. Thankfully I'm happy with them loose because the boxing is terribly complicated. Interesting stuff.

And Paploo's over-representation: Kenny Baker's Ewok ( as we call Paploo ) was, as we all know, intended to be Wicket until Baker fell ill and Warwick Davies and his appointed costume got a last-minute promotion. I wonder if some promotional art designs were given to licensees without this knowledge.

Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Taffius » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:47 pm

Thanks again guys for the effort and content.

On this occasion, away from home, it really means a lot to listen to Star Wars "stuff" when I wont be able to have my usual buying fix.

Still not finished listening as trying to stretch and spread out the episode for as long as I can. Please get the next one out ASAP! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:51 pm

Jez is that the Vader you owned at one time? This is possibly the one I mentioned on the last show
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Taffius » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:25 am

Richard_H wrote:Jez is that the Vader you owned at one time? This is possibly the one I mentioned on the last show

Sticker gone! Poor sticker!...just getting to know him as well.

Jez
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Jez » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:00 am

Richard_H wrote:Jez is that the Vader you owned at one time? This is possibly the one I mentioned on the last show

No Rich, I don’t think so.
The one I had didn’t have those price stickers and it was a bit more of a beater. It was the SWFUK Vader as I think it changed hands on at least 5 occasions.

Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Taffius » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:54 pm

Stuarts talk with Bruce...."love watching videos and looking at his little ferret" :o :D :lol:

Seriously though good chat...

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:29 pm

Just finished it, another really good show. I enjoyed Lee's 12 inch discussion as it's a line I know nothing about, reminded me that I need to keep an eye out for a 12" Ledy R2. Am also keen to go and check out Toy Planet after Si's visit.

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:21 pm

I really enjoyed Lee's section too and learnt loads. I had no idea that the licenses were so complicated across the globe as well as the UK

A really good show overall and a good balance of features.

My only criticism is that the gim crack and now worst product section are quite obscure and I could really do with seeing photos of the things up front, rather than drip fed onto instagram and Facebook. How about some key pics with the new podcast announcement posts? You could add a 'listen in for more info' disclaimer to avoid giving everything away.

Saying that Jez's floater made me laugh but I really didnt want to visualise it :lol:
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:31 pm

spoons wrote:My only criticism is that the gim crack and now worst product section are quite obscure and I could really do with seeing photos of the things up front, rather than drip fed onto instagram and Facebook. How about some key pics with the new podcast announcement posts? You could add a 'listen in for more info' disclaimer to avoid giving everything away.

Yes I know what you mean, it is a shame when they're talking about something you aren't familiar with and want to see but aren't by a computer/have no reception etc. But I guess that's a problem all podcasts suffer to a degree. When are you going to make it a 5 hour video every month :)

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:19 pm

Great podcast as ever guys and I for one can tell how much work you all put into these shows each month and it's more than appreciated.

Loved Lee's 12" talk this month but even though I know there's a problem with some of the plastic parts on these figures melting I still need to display them complete. I have the IG88 and have talced all the bombs and strap as well as the weapon handles to display him in all his glory so I'm hopeful that everything holds up over time. It seems a shame to collect these things and then never have an opportunity to put them all together.

Keep up the great work lads and looking forward to your 50th already :D

Ian

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:23 pm

I thought Lee’s interview was very interesting, so much so I signed up to the FB group, even though I didn’t have any in my collection!
This months podcast flew past, only seems to last a few hours, any chance of making them a bit longer? :wink:
I know what the guys above are saying and been meaning to ask the following question before now, why do you not have pictures that change on say your phones screen, like the “Chive cast” does, as the pod cast plays.
Having the pictures on your FB feed helps, but it’s a bit “after the event” to have them on your screen”live” is so much more involving.
Not a criticism guys, just a question. :wink:

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:26 pm

We've thought about it but it's a lot of work for the 5 or so people who've asked for it. You never know though.
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:29 pm

Richard_H wrote:We've thought about it but it's a lot of work for the 5 or so people who've asked for it. You never know though.

Thanks for the lightning reply Rich.
I just wondered why, didn’t think about the extra work load, as most of us this side of the podcast wouldn’t!
So with your response in mind, you won’t be making them any longer any time soon... :lol:

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”