Please delete thread

yoda

Sith Lord
I haven't bought it either. In fact I have never felt any urge to watch it again after my first viewing in the cinema. I will watch it again sometime but not in any rush at the moment.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I found the extras helpful, I realised Ryan Johnson has no idea what he is doing and it's pretty lucky we got a watchable film. :lol:

poncho

Grand Master
didnt like it

loved the tfa even though it was a rehash of the original

tlj plot was awful as was the flow of the film

i will not buy it.

subzero

Sith Lord
I'm a man of simple taste, I like lasers, explosions and spaceships and i'm happy with that, poor plot or not I still enjoy the movies as long as it looks and sounds like Star Wars for the most part. :)

I love TLJ, seen it 3 times now and will most likely watch it again within the next month, sure it's got some annoying scenes that make you wanna cry for the wrong reasons but i'm happy with the rest of it.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I'm in the watched it multiple times camp

Saw it 8 times at the cinema in the end and have watched it 4-5 times on Bluray. I love TLJ, ranks highly in my full list of SW movies and actually struggle to understand how/why folk have such an issue with it ( i can see the flaws, I'm not blind, but the fuss is unbelievable to me). I genuinely think its as incredibly complex and well made film IMO with a refreshing shift to the linear track that SW was going down before it.
I have also massively enjoyed the documentaries and extras on the home release.

Anyway, we all like different stuff, some folk like ROTS and AOTC after all :lol:

_Lee_

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
I love ROTS, brilliant film. :)

So do I. I think the PT are actually better to watch than the sequels. I myself (my own opinion before anyone gets irate :D ) find them to be an easier watch than TFA and TLJ. In many peoples minds, the PT was very poor and wooden - so to speak but to me, the sequels were 100 times worse. As much as I hate to say it, Daisy Ridley and friends are so poor and seem to try too hard. Daisy in particular was a very poor choice.

Now, im just going to watch the PT over Skype with Weasel. He loves the PT you know :D :D :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah I'm not saying anything! :lol:

I have towo lists really, my personal favourite Star Wars films and then another list for which I think are the best films. Two completely different things. I wish the prequels were made in the same style as Solo and Rogue 1 though, gritty universe I mean.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Over the years I have bought the original trilogy 4 times on VHS, once on laser disc, once on DVD and once on blu-ray. And if Disney ever releases the unaltered original trilogy on blu-ray, I will buy it again. I have bought TPM once on VHS, then again on DVD. I bought AOTC and ROTS once each on DVD, and then all of the prequels yet again on blu-ray. I bought TFA and Rogue One on blu-ray, and will also be buying Solo on blu-ray. I won't be buying the simply appalling, unforgivable, uncanonical, incredibly poorly written, non-sensical, godawful, fan-hating, piece of unmitigated **** that a sniggering Rian Johnson (presumably an envious closet Trekkie) shat out and inflicted upon an unsuspecting and undeserving world in the form of TLJ. Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy should be ****ing ashamed of themselves for that travesty of an alleged Star Wars film.

I could literally spend all day listing its legion of faults and where it went wrong and how it could and should have very easily been done infinitely better, but I won't. What's done is done, and episode 8 won't change, more's the pity. For me, it's quite simply the film which killed the episodic franchise. If others enjoy it, then kudos to them for managing that. I certainly didn't, and not being a masochist, I won't be inflicting it upon myself ever again (along with anything else Rian Johnson comes within a thousand miles of, for that matter).

Does that answer your question? ;-)

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Snakebite?? More like Venom - i like you :D

You wanka Lucas!

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 2,391

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Over the years I have bought the original trilogy 4 times on VHS, once on laser disc, once on DVD and once on blu-ray. And if Disney ever releases the unaltered original trilogy on blu-ray, I will buy it again. I have bought TPM once on VHS, then again on DVD. I bought AOTC and ROTS once each on DVD, and then all of the prequels yet again on blu-ray. I bought TFA and Rogue One on blu-ray, and will also be buying Solo on blu-ray. I won't be buying the simply appalling, unforgivable, uncanonical, incredibly poorly written, non-sensical, godawful, fan-hating, piece of unmitigated **** that a sniggering Rian Johnson (presumably an envious closet Trekkie) shat out and inflicted upon an unsuspecting and undeserving world in the form of TLJ. Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy should be ****ing ashamed of themselves for that travesty of an alleged Star Wars film.

I could literally spend all day listing its legion of faults and where it went wrong and how it could and should have very easily been done infinitely better, but I won't. What's done is done, and episode 8 won't change, more's the pity. For me, it's quite simply the film which killed the episodic franchise. If others enjoy it, then kudos to them for managing that. I certainly didn't, and not being a masochist, I won't be inflicting it upon myself ever again (along with anything else Rian Johnson comes within a thousand miles of, for that matter).

Does that answer your question? ;-)

So your not keen on TLJ?
:lol:
I saw it once at the cinema and bought it on Blu-ray when it was released.
I wasn't overly sure after the fist viewing at the cinema, but having watched it twice at home, have started to find that's "it not a bad film", and there are some amazing scenes.
Sure as Steve has said there are poor bits, and some awful bits, but aren't there in all films?
Live and let live!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
So your not keen on TLJ?
:lol:
I saw it once at the cinema and bought it on Blu-ray when it was released.
I wasn't overly sure after the fist viewing at the cinema, but having watched it twice at home, have started to find that's "it not a bad film", and there are some amazing scenes.
Sure as Steve has said there are poor bits, and some awful bits, but aren't there in all films?
Live and let live!
I don't remember any awful bits in Empire ;-)

But as stated in the above diatribe, if anyone else managed to derive enjoyment out of TLJ then my sincere congratulations to them! :D

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
_Lee_ said:
Am i the only one who hasnt bought TLJ yet?? :D My wife went to buy it for me today and i told her not to bother as ill get it when its £3 :D :D Even then it will only be from a collection point of view. I got TFA soon after it was released but its still in the wrapping and havent even contemplated watching it again. Rogue One i have watched a number of times now, and not only for the close up of Felicitys bum - i actually enjoy the film. :D

Hi mate, no your not I haven't bought it and never will even when its 50p from a car boot sale, someone offered it to me for free on copy was like no thank you. Not even going to watch cinema sinns video don't want to sit through that film in any shape or form ever again.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
yoda said:
I haven't bought it either. In fact I have never felt any urge to watch it again after my first viewing in the cinema. I will watch it again sometime but not in any rush at the moment.

Thumbs up

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:

Err...

What do Taun Taun eat?

So the main dudes fly inside a big slug's gut that lives in the vacuum of space, they only need a small gas mask to survive though... hmm...

There's a green lizard/wizard that can barely move without a cane, talks back to front too.., but we're supposed to believe he's the greatest Jedi ever... I mean seriously?!? He's the size of a ****in lightsaber but he supposed to be able weild one? Ridiculous

So, the entire Empire lead by Darth Vader is essentially on a quest to track down the Skywalker chap, but despite being the ultimate force and army in the galaxy, they gather five random bounty hunters, one of which (I think he's called Iggy) would clearly fall the moment he moved as he has no joints... seems legit, the others are of course all better than the imperial army...

About them ATAT things... err given they walk slower than my 71 year old mum with a cane, why don't the rebels just go sideways and run away from them... by the time they turn round the rebel troops could be on the other side of the planet let alone tundra.

Nothing wrong with a Empire at all, it's a perfect movie, but we can all pick holes if we want to

_Lee_

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
Snaketibe said:

Err...

What do Taun Taun eat?

So the main dudes fly inside a big slug's gut that lives in the vacuum of space, they only need a small gas mask to survive though... hmm...

There's a green lizard/wizard that can barely move without a cane, talks back to front too.., but we're supposed to believe he's the greatest Jedi ever... I mean seriously?!? He's the size of a ****in lightsaber but he supposed to be able weild one? Ridiculous

So, the entire Empire lead by Darth Vader is essentially on a quest to track down the Skywalker chap, but despite being the ultimate force and army in the galaxy, they gather five random bounty hunters, one of which (I think he's called Iggy) would clearly fall the moment he moved as he has no joints... seems legit, the others are of course all better than the imperial army...

About them ATAT things... err given they walk slower than my 71 year old mum with a cane, why don't the rebels just go sideways and run away from them... by the time they turn round the rebel troops could be on the other side of the planet let alone tundra.

Nothing wrong with a Empire at all, it's a perfect movie, but we can all pick holes if we want to

Are you seriously trying to justify that the shite we have been served up is in anyway similar to the OT?

Empire was portrayed and acted out better. The script / storyline was excellent and left much to the imagination. Yoda's portrayal was fantastic in the OT and the big reveal was a revelation. Kids could act out the roles in their youth, it felt very different then.

Fast forward to TFA and TLJ and you have a lead role to a young lady who cannot act in any way,shape or form. She is possibly the worst actor ever to have graced the Star Wars franchise, even Hayden and Natalie were no where near as bad as her. Move onto Boyega, and he is just as bad.He tries to be the Han Solo character but completely lacks the charisma and appeal of Ford.

Just look at Rey's storyline, its laughable and a complete rip off from the OT.

I understand there are people who like these movies, but TLJ has destroyed any faith in what the future could have possibly held for the SW saga.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom